Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

so this works then? if i was to say take 4 of my subs and turn them into 3 low bronze it would unhandicap the game?

It doesn't work, no, it's a load of rubbish.

I've played with both a bronze bench and a bench full of my full fitness team and it makes no difference at all.

Just now, ramboacdc said:

so this works then? if i was to say take 4 of my subs and turn them into 3 low bronze it would unhandicap the game?

it would put you at a lower rating and therefore in theory, match you with teams nearer your rating 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It doesn't work, no, it's a load of rubbish.

I've played with both a bronze bench and a bench full of my full fitness team and it makes no difference at all.

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

it would put you at a lower rating and therefore in theory, match you with teams nearer your rating 

so many conflicting reports. 

35 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

so many conflicting reports. 

No he is talking about in game match mechanics, I'm talking about the matching system.

if you have a relatively cheap team in the low 80s, with a bronze bench you could be late 70s rated so will be matched with similar teams.

instead of people with better squads that have bronze benches that become low 80s teams.

im not saying every game will be a lower opponent but on average it will be lower.

ask yourself how many times do you get matched to 70 something rated teams?

try it out and see and judge for yourself, obviously the more bronze players the lower the rating.

i have 4 low 40 rated players

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No he is talking about in game match mechanics, I'm talking about the matching system.

if you have a relatively cheap team in the low 80s, with a bronze bench you could be late 70s rated so will be matched with similar teams.

instead of people with better squads that have bronze benches that become low 80s teams.

im not saying every game will be a lower opponent but on average it will be lower.

ask yourself how many times do you get matched to 70 something rated teams?

try it out and see and judge for yourself, obviously the more bronze players the lower the rating.

i have 4 low 40 rated players

so if you have a high rated team like mine is now (its 85 at least i cant remember off the top of my head) and you go into the matchmaker in div 5 you will pull out a rated team of around that level. but if i put 4 bronzes into my bench it would bring that rating down and i would play lower rated teams but in the same division? that surely causes a huge gulf in the higher divisions. 

22 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

so if you have a high rated team like mine is now (its 85 at least i cant remember off the top of my head) and you go into the matchmaker in div 5 you will pull out a rated team of around that level. but if i put 4 bronzes into my bench it would bring that rating down and i would play lower rated teams but in the same division? that surely causes a huge gulf in the higher divisions. 

It doesn't work like that. Only in seasons are teams matched on ability. (If you choose Real Madrid you can't come up against Accrington Stanley)

22 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

It doesn't work in divisions or the WL.

I used to have only silver teams and in divisions I still had games constantly against people with 5* maxed out squads.

When you play an online single friendly it is SUPPOSED to match you to a squad of similar level.

But so few people play single friendlies I don't think it does that anymore.

In short, bronze benching is yet another FIFA myth.

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It doesn't work in divisions or the WL.

I used to have only silver teams and in divisions I still had games constantly against people with 5* maxed out squads.

When you play an online single friendly it is SUPPOSED to match you to a squad of similar level.

But so few people play single friendlies I don't think it does that anymore.

In short, bronze benching is yet another FIFA myth.

It's not.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

works 4 me

Untitled-3.jpg.666a26facbacdabd574249c2796bcfce.jpg

See this is the example, hank has a 83 rated squad, and it's a miles better than mine yet mine is rated 82 with NO Informs or TOTS cards, he gets an 'easier opponent' rather than someone with similar players to himself... 

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

See this is the example, hank has a 83 rated squad, and it's a miles better than mine yet mine is rated 82 with NO Informs or TOTS cards, he gets an 'easier opponent' rather than someone with similar players to himself... 

He does not. 

That is not what elo is / how it works.

I've played extensively with both low and high rated teams, the only thing that changes the quality of my opponent is my current form.

If I win a load of games, I play better people. If I lose a load of games, I get shit people.

22 hours ago, AKCJ said:

But why would the club sponsor you if you're not going to be participating in tournaments?

To give me the chance to get to tournaments?

Man City's pro player didn't make a single tournament this year....West Ham's ex player made 1 and current player made 0......Only 2 of PSG's 4 (iirc) players made a tournament.....

Then you have clubs such as Ajax, Wolfsburg and Schalke who have multiple players....who made zero impact on the big stage.

The whole point of sponsorship is to ensure you're financially secure to have the time and effort required to 'maximize' your potential. The Esport market is huge....and FIFA is only just being introduced to the market. 

22 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I'm not sure that's true, look at the team Nepenthez is using on an RTG account, and Gorilla doesn't use special cards. 

Let me do this quickly.....

1) There is a huge difference between having a team full of 'special' cards and a team which is 'good enough to compete'.

SBC Alli, SBC Dembele and SBC Can are 'special cards'....but are they as good as Gullit, Pogba or Vidal? No.

2) Gorilla does use 'special' cards.

3) Pretty much every pro uses a team worth 8 mil +........I haven't used a single team worth more than Gullit lol

It's not everything of course.....but 'Better players' are of more use to a 'better player'.

To clear up the bronze bench 'myth' @Ashley

1) Bronze benches are not used to get 'easier games' in any other mode except for 'single matches'.....Where the game deliberately tries to match the ratings of teams.

2)Your team rating does not effect ELO or FUT Champs Skill Rating, and therefore an 82 rated team in FUT Champions is just as likely to match up against another 82 rated side as it is a 92. (Well, apart from the obvious fact 82 teams are more common than 92, but you get my point).

3) Bronze benches are used by pro players, and myself, because we genuinely believe it makes our teams play 'better'. The problem is it's impossible to prove because of how inconsistent the gameplay is. 

Let me give you an example of a few theories....

Me - I don't care about my team rating, i just have to have 1 bronze player on my bench at all times.

Gorilla - Believes his team plays better when 84 rated or below.

Others - Some believe 7/4 bronze players is the way to go.....some believe a squad rated <90/88/86/84 etc is the right way to go.

Very few pro's....i can't name any....refuse to do some kind of 'bronze benching'.

Special cards/Inform Cards DO NOT make your team play worse....However....some do not appear to play to their true 'in-game' stats, and i have a theory why.

1) PL players generally seem more 'OP' with regards to the difference between their in-game stats and actually performance.....I believe this is simply because the focus on PL player models is so so much more detailed than the rest of the leagues and therefore you get more 'unique' players.

2) The same goes for why high rated NIF players such as Ronaldo will always likely be better than an alternative TOTY/S winger with similar/better stats.

TL:DR

Bronze Benching is nothing to do with 'matchmaking' outside of single matches.....but it is used because people believe their team performs better.

It is, however, not been proved either way.

It's a myth in the latter sense too, it's a load of rubbish.

Speaking as someone that, like I say, regular played with a full silver team in seasons, you absolutely do still play against people whose squad of 85+ players plays like a squad of 85+ players, not some toned down slugs.

I've also tried both bronze and normal benches with my 85+ Serie A team this year and there is **** all difference.

Furthermore, I literally just played a game who was absolute garbage but whose squad was 100% Real Madrid and I couldn't get anywhere near his goal because his whole team were super fast, super strong, super well positioned wrecking balls that never missed a tackle. 

If you got handicapped for having teams as ridiculously high rated as that guy's, he'd never win.

Oh and the issue about special cards - there was previously an glitch where chemistry bonuses didn't apply to in form cards so they appeared more sluggish. It's now resolved.

@Finnegan

Yep, the last bit is true with regards to special cards feeling much more special this year. The TOTKS Dybala and current POTM Son are both superior to Ronaldo for me. Their pace, power, dribbling and shooting are unreal.

However, as i said, a nif Ronaldo will always likely feel superior to a TOTS version of a card who has a 'basic player model' imo. The top players are made to feel 'unique'.

The bronze benching is just something i've always done. Currently, i'm just using these last few months to 'learn' as much as i can going in to next year. 

(Not directed at you @Finnegan)

To put into perspective how difficult making the very 'top tier' of the Weekend League is....

In my last 45 Div 1 seasons (Yes seasons, not games) i have 45 titles....with 4 defeats and 6 draws. In that same time period, i've not made top 100 since April...Why?

1) (A smaller reason) My team is weak now in comparison to my opponents.

2) Div 1 actually 'regresses' your ability if you're above that level.....you become stale.

13 minutes ago, Grewks said:

@Finnegan

Yep, the last bit is true with regards to special cards feeling much more special this year. The TOTKS Dybala and current POTM Son are both superior to Ronaldo for me. Their pace, power, dribbling and shooting are unreal.

However, as i said, a nif Ronaldo will always likely feel superior to a TOTS version of a card who has a 'basic player model' imo. The top players are made to feel 'unique'.

The bronze benching is just something i've always done. Currently, i'm just using these last few months to 'learn' as much as i can going in to next year. 

(Not directed at you @Finnegan)

To put into perspective how difficult making the very 'top tier' of the Weekend League is....

In my last 45 Div 1 seasons (Yes seasons, not games) i have 45 titles....with 4 defeats and 6 draws. In that same time period, i've not made top 100 since April...Why?

1) (A smaller reason) My team is weak now in comparison to my opponents.

2) Div 1 actually 'regresses' your ability if you're above that level.....you become stale.

Surely you could just invest £500 straight away (fifa 18)  and with your record you should be getting Totw informs each week and high monthly rewards. So you would be ahead of the rest until TOTY. By which point you would have enough coins from the above to buy the players?  

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Surely you could just invest £500 straight away (fifa 18)  and with your record you should be getting Totw informs each week and high monthly rewards. So you would be ahead of the rest until TOTY. By which point you would have enough coins from the above to buy the players?  

Pro players do.....

I haven't invested a £.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Maybe it would be worth it, if you have the record you do over pro players.

Speculate to accumulate :)

You also need the time though.

If a Pro player has the sponsorship to basically play the game as a job, you can't put the same time and effort it.

Look at it at the point of view from an actual sport. I you have to work 9-5, train once a week and turn up on a saturday to play a game.....you're far less likely to be of a professional standard.

Just now, Grewks said:

You also need the time though.

If a Pro player has the sponsorship to basically play the game as a job, you can't put the same time and effort it.

Look at it at the point of view from an actual sport. I you have to work 9-5, train once a week and turn up on a saturday to play a game.....you're far less likely to be of a professional standard.

Most of them only play weekend league though dont they? they find it a chore after the first initial month.

What about all the Pro players that dont have clubs?

I ****ing hate people. I really do.

Nice simple community sbc that everyone can do comes out.

Some little twats buy up the whole market and list players for Max bin.

Just grow up. Profiteering on a god damn game, Jesus wept.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Most of them only play weekend league though dont they? they find it a chore after the first initial month.

What about all the Pro players that dont have clubs?

Obviously most pro players play WL at the weekend, but they play even more during the week.

They play friendly's against other pro/top ranked players and play Gfinity.

As i said before, i'm not trying to disrespectful to those in the lower divisions, but the difference between division 1 and top 100 is greater than the difference between division 1 and 10.

Division 1 is what i play when i simply want to play casual and for it to be 'fun', rather than a challenge.

Virtually all pro players have clubs/sponsors. Gorilla doesn't have a club for example, but used to play for Esports side Epsilon and is now sponsored by Unilad.

You've also got to remember this is the first year that Fifa has actually been considered an Esport, so it's only going to get bigger from here. More clubs are entering the Esport scene all the time, i doubt it will be long before we have some kind of Esports Premier League, which would be great for someone like myself.

Archived