Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

Good grief 

I thought the final settlement was wrong when we were moving, however, I was knee deep in boxes and misread the message from my solicitor, so, signed it off that morning 

Reviewed and checked it only to discover that my mortgage provider had charged me an early redemption fee when porting a mortgage (a few £thousand!)

Called HSBC and had an apology and money back in my account…

Please check and re-check all those figures!

We had a viewing on Saturday, they'd viewed the house when we originally purchased it but we bought it. And we've accepted an offer from them today. Delighted. 

Additionally, we've been through all of the Covid travel restrictions and checked with the police and we can come to Leicestershire to view properties. We'll have to book somewhere to stay rather than with family but at least we've not got to delay our trip until lockdown ends, which has just been extended to 5th march for us.

And, more joy, although it'll be a wave through the window I will actually get to see my parents after 14 long months!

I'm trying to forget all all the stressful stories you've shared (I know that's to come) and focus on the fact that after 12 months of limbo we're actually progressing on moving back. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone here ever lived in Anstey? Just looking online, never really considered it but looks a nice little village. Any opinions? Bit close to the 46 though, does it get busy as people cut through?

Moved here November 19 and pleasantly surprised, although I'm not bang in the middle.

Village is nice enough though, decent pubs (when open), plenty of shops/takeaways etc. Traffic can clog a little in the centre but nothing too annoying.

I always say to people that i'm 15 minutes from everywhere. M1, Town, Fosse Park, Loughborough, Bradgate Park - everything is pretty close.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone here ever lived in Anstey? Just looking online, never really considered it but looks a nice little village. Any opinions? Bit close to the 46 though, does it get busy as people cut through?

I grew up there and my folks still live there.

It's probably slightly less backward than average for a village. It's growing rapidly, and I don't think you can really call it little now. 

It does get busy, but being so close to the delights of Charnwood - Bradgate Park, Beacon Hill, Swithland Wood etc is good consolation for that. Any closer and it gets very pricey

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

As above - I grew up there, but haven't lived there for around 7 years and even in that time it's grow from a little village into a small town. The amount of new developments must have doubled the population size. 

Traffic seems to have improved a little since they changed the roundabout system in 'The Nook' but it was never awful for the most part, aside perhaps from rush hour when it took around 15 minutes longer to get up and down Leicester Road to and from the City Centre.

As with most places, there are better areas. I'd personally say the Bradgate Road side of the village is the nicest, but there are also lovely houses on Cropston Road etc. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Have you considered Glenfield?@Leicester_Loyal

Cheers for the replies everyone, really appreciated.

Yeah, Glenfield and Anstey were the two I added to my RightMove notifications a couple of days ago, gonna look at those and Syston. Due to restricting myself just to Syston whilst searching for 6 months I've probably missed a few, but wouldn't mind a nice little village or town just out the way somewhere:) If I sit here and wait for the perfect house forever in Syston I'll probably end up being in the same position I'm in now in 12 months time.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Cheers for the replies everyone, really appreciated.

Yeah, Glenfield and Anstey were the two I added to my RightMove notifications a couple of days ago, gonna look at those and Syston. Due to restricting myself just to Syston whilst searching for 6 months I've probably missed a few, but wouldn't mind a nice little village or town just out the way somewhere:) If I sit here and wait for the perfect house forever in Syston I'll probably end up being in the same position I'm in now in 12 months time.

Good to hear Glenfield and Anstey are really great areas to live close to Countryside and have all the amenities you need, easy commute to Leicester as well. Groby / Ratby as well isn’t a bad area to consider.

I live in Glenfield currently. Have all my life. Has everything you need. Currently i have an offer accepted on a house in Anstey, finally moving into my first home. Having a little problem with the mortgage lender as they wont accept my yearly bonus as part of my finances as i got my first one last year. They need to see 2 in a row to consider it. So hopefully a stumbling block we can resolve. If not then its back to looking for houses. Hopefully we can sort it

17 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I live in Glenfield currently. Have all my life. Has everything you need. Currently i have an offer accepted on a house in Anstey, finally moving into my first home. Having a little problem with the mortgage lender as they wont accept my yearly bonus as part of my finances as i got my first one last year. They need to see 2 in a row to consider it. So hopefully a stumbling block we can resolve. If not then its back to looking for houses. Hopefully we can sort it

Try other lenders - are you using a broker?

On 25/01/2021 at 16:15, newfox1 said:

Either EAs call up people on their books, investors BTL, and just put it up officially on RM once sold. 

This and a million other reasons EAs have a terrible reputation, lying being one of them. But they think due to this artificial mini-boom, they have buyers by the balls.

Hope the irrational house price increase is over soon if the stamp duty ends/furlough ends and we can see straight .

Surely, homes sold now won't make it in time for the stamp duty break and if buyers pull out, could possibly see better deals out there/chains collapsing etc..

It's criminal how those that make decisions pretty much had free education, benefits, health , decent house prices and now want to take it away from the next generation. Sorry for the moan. 

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat.

Taking into consideration your response I would suspect that a great deal of houses don't end up being advertised on the net.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Who is your lender if you don’t mind me asking? I work for one and that is our policy so might be quite common.

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

@Costock_Fox if you are porting a mortgage to your new property, no additional lending, what documents will 'the lender' be able to provide if I've to provide proof of funds to a EA to view or offer? 

Do agents do viewings at weekends in Leicestershire? 

Good question, I don’t think you would really get a huge amount but I would probably speak to them and explain you are boring the same or less and the EA should understand that the bank will generally be ok with it.

Re viewings, would depend on the agent/vendor I guess. You had much joy finding anything you want to look at?

• Thanks 1

Apologies for boring you 😴 😂

Have a current shortlist of about 6 suitable ones and a couple that are ok. A couple of good ones sold last week after being up for ages. Hopefully a few more come up in the next week but not many are at present unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Apologies for boring you 😴 😂

Have a current shortlist of about 6 suitable ones and a couple that are ok. A couple of good ones sold last week after being up for ages. Hopefully a few more come up in the next week but not many are at present unfortunately. 

Haha you knew what I meant.

I know what you mean, I always look to see what’s about but in reality I’m very content in my place and have got it how I want it while being close to family.

• Like 1

I'm also hoping the agents have a few that, as discussed earlier in the thread, haven't made it to rightmove yet. 

Location and environment is very valuable, if you're content  with where you are. It is going to be difficult for us to assess those, really want somewhere in a quiet neighbourhood and village but assuming everywhere currently is.

I’m at the stage now where I should have the drawings back from my architect next week…. 

Does anyone know any good builders that could take on a loft conversion and rear extension that they would consider recommending?

I’m willing to wait (a bit!) for the right builders, as it’s quite a critical choice!

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I’m at the stage now where I should have the drawings back from my architect next week…. 

Does anyone know any good builders that could take on a loft conversion and rear extension that they would consider recommending?

I’m willing to wait (a bit!) for the right builders, as it’s quite a critical choice!

https://www.facebook.com/bosssolutionspmdb

• Thanks 1