Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

We've had good news, unlike everyone else it appears. Our buyers are completing imminently with their purchaser and moving into rented. Our seller has agreed to proceed on a property, the owners of that are buying one which is vacant possession. Hopefully, we're a straight forward chain of 5, 3 of whom are definitely cash buyers.

Just need the 3-month stamp duty extension on Wednesday now...

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rang about 3 properties this morning, all been on sale for a few days, all had offers accepted. Fighting a losing battle herelol

😂 We’ve still not had a viewing!! 

On 28/02/2021 at 20:40, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Enderby is nice, 3 decent pubs, a social club for cheap beer and a couple of restaurants. They’ve just had the leisure centre refurbished which has a nice gym & swimming pool. Narborough train station less than a 10 minute drive, the motorway and Fosse park less than 5 minutes away in the car.

@Leicester_Loyal, I would pretty much echo what was put here in regards to Enderby.

Plus the Park and Ride also into town is a regular decent service, and drops off near the King Power and Pick up near Highcross Pub/Holiday Inn Roundabout, runs till 7pm I think.....could be wrong on the timings tho.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newfox1 said:

which area / location @Sly?

Coalville 

Although I’m tempted to say Upper Bardon, as it sounds (slightly) more posh. 

After all, we have a lower Bardon now. :ph34r:

Yep, the limited number of houses you see, several, after a few weeks see the new, reduced price.

The app called property log in chrome shows how much they've reduced by automatically that agents sometimes they to hide. 

Might be worth seeing what others are selling/reducing theirs for. Good luck. 

35 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Got my completion date finally confirmed! 15 March. Got a ridiculously long to-do list already, but looking forward to it all being done-and-dusted

Excellent news. How long has it been since starting?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Excellent news. How long has it been since starting?

Can't even remember tbf, October I think the offer was accepted. Although I haven't been in any major hurry to move (as long as it's before the stamp duty holiday ends) and originally the solicitor had said February would be likely to move but the seller suggested 15 March for completion and I agreed, so it could have been wrapped up quicker in most circumstances

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Stamp duty holiday extension until the end of June :chant:

Great news!

With the tapered up to 250k extension until September, would this mean free up to that point and then paying on an amount over that?

Example: paying stamp duty on £50k worth on a £300k sale? 

Or will it just be a cut off and you'd have to pay stamp duty in full?

Right who wants to hear my latest tales of woe with estate agents? All of these original convos were on Tuesday morning/afternoon.

First house that I called about, been on RightMove for a while, I enquired why, she said the owners were waiting for COVID jabs, had just had them and were doing viewings again starting tomorrow. She said she would call me back and let me know when I could view it. The phone call never happened, I rang yesterday and nobody answered the phone. I've just had an email saying the house has been sold and they are no longer taking viewings.

Next house, tried to arrange a viewing, sorry it's sold, fair enough. Got my old dear to ring about another one this morning (as I'm on nights) and got talking to the EA in the office who said the original property infact wasn't sold... She said she'll call the vendors and get back to my mum with a time to view it later on today. I waited a few hours, no phone call, rang them back, the other EA says the property is definitely sold and she doesn't know why the other EA said it wasn't.

Another house, another EA, we'll get back to you ASAP with a potential viewing time as we're doing a block viewing. Nothing as of yet, been over 48 hours now, won't moan about this one too much.

Finally, another house, EA said they'll call me back with a date and time to view it after speaking to the vendor, nothing came of it. Rang them back yesterday, bloke says sorry don't know how this has happened, give me 30 mins I'll chase it up and call you back. No phone call was returned.

It genuinely bemuses me and pisses me off, how is this possible? Why do I feel like I'm constantly being screwed over? I've had about 15 incidents like this in the 20 houses I've tried to view, just look at my earlier posts where EA weren't even responding to my offers, finding out a property was sold on RightMove, EAs lying about sending me contact information when they didn't have my details, multiple houses sold before I've even got to view it, it's unbelievable, it really is, I don't understand how anyone can operate this way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Right who wants to hear my latest tales of woe with estate agents? All of these original convos were on Tuesday morning/afternoon.

First house that I called about, been on RightMove for a while, I enquired why, she said the owners were waiting for COVID jabs, had just had them and were doing viewings again starting tomorrow. She said she would call me back and let me know when I could view it. The phone call never happened, I rang yesterday and nobody answered the phone. I've just had an email saying the house has been sold and they are no longer taking viewings.

Next house, tried to arrange a viewing, sorry it's sold, fair enough. Got my old dear to ring about another one this morning (as I'm on nights) and got talking to the EA in the office who said the original property infact wasn't sold... She said she'll call the vendors and get back to my mum with a time to view it later on today. I waited a few hours, no phone call, rang them back, the other EA says the property is definitely sold and she doesn't know why the other EA said it wasn't.

Another house, another EA, we'll get back to you ASAP with a potential viewing time as we're doing a block viewing. Nothing as of yet, been over 48 hours now, won't moan about this one too much.

Finally, another house, EA said they'll call me back with a date and time to view it after speaking to the vendor, nothing came of it. Rang them back yesterday, bloke says sorry don't know how this has happened, give me 30 mins I'll chase it up and call you back. No phone call was returned.

It genuinely bemuses me and pisses me off, how is this possible? Why do I feel like I'm constantly being screwed over? I've had about 15 incidents like this in the 20 houses I've tried to view, just look at my earlier posts where EA weren't even responding to my offers, finding out a property was sold on RightMove, EAs lying about sending me contact information when they didn't have my details, multiple houses sold before I've even got to view it, it's unbelievable, it really is, I don't understand how anyone can operate this way.

I the EAs don't respond then knock on the vendors door explaining that the EA isn't getting back to you. If the vendors are serious they'll be accommodating and arrange a viewing direct. The vendors might bin the agents off & they'll miss out on the commission. 

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep. Shocking service.  Hence their terrible reputation and how much they lie.

Problem is if you go knocking on vendor's door and it's sold, might look silly but if you want it that bad,  no harm or a note through the door. No response IS a response so try else where. I know of people sending letters in homes on roads they'd be interested in. I've called a few different agents and they of the say the same thing, oh. It's just sold this morning etc...trying to create that urgency within you.

Anyway, house prices are only going to go up. It's criminal how the powers that be have allowed this. But not surprised as the Chancellor has a ten million pound properties empire. You think they'd let prices drop? Share prices in property developers went up today too. 

Anyway the search continues, keep trying. I certainly am. To hopefully by the one, sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Put a note through the door of the house you want to view with your details…. I’m a FTB and I have large cash deposit and mortgage in place unfortunately I can’t get your EA to respond and that you’re really keen to view …. 

Don’t knock on the door any try and deal with the vendor direct…. It maybe unwelcome 

or place an offer that is subject to you viewing it!!!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

Me and the Mrs are exchanging in a couple of weeks, its a new build expected completion date is October, are new builds usually over zealous with their prediction dates or are they usually about right? 

Im Due to move in to a new build next Friday. We reserved in mid March 2020 and exchanged at the start of May 2020. We were meant to be moving in September 2020 but obviously the pandemic happened, so there’s been a serious delay, nobodies fault. 

October/November/Dec seems like a fair estimate for them to complete. Do you know if they’ve got the footings and foundations done yet? If they have then more than likely late October I’d say, if not then you might be looking at the back end of that estimate. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they can throw these houses up when they get going. 

On 28/02/2021 at 16:14, Sly said:

Not had a single viewing in 5 weeks. So it’s going well. 

When I was looking for a new house around Coalville I ruled that estate out despite some houses looking nice on the basis of how busy Bardon Road is and trying to turn right during rush hour!