Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

It needs Claudio to tell him his isn't going anywhere and has two options, stick with the contract he has and have no wage increase, or,  take the wage increase within the same contract. If it upsets him tough sh1t!!

lol 

im glad he isn't listening to you or we would have won nothing 

this is is all part of the dance 

the agent is dancing with the media , the media is dancing with the player , the club is watching the dance and waiting to cut in ! 

When the agent and media have forced the club to cut into the dance then it will be time for a waltz , the last Dance , lots of air kissing and. New deal with 6 figures

then everyone back to someone's for a house party ! 

With all the speculation around riyad, I think it's time he made some sort of statement either way.

Be great to hear it from him, that he's going nowhere, and he's happy.

Problem with this is, if he says he's off, we will be gutted.

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

lol 

im glad he isn't listening to you or we would have won nothing 

this is is all part of the dance 

the agent is dancing with the media , the media is dancing with the player , the club is watching the dance and waiting to cut in ! 

When the agent and media have forced the club to cut into the dance then it will be time for a waltz , the last Dance , lots of air kissing and. New deal with 6 figures

then everyone back to someone's for a house party ! 

fortunately not even my wife listens to me, just completely fed up with the various scenarios that keep evolving, all of which could be put to bed by the management, that is, unless they are really looking to get rid of Mahrez for an almighty profit...personally I'd rather see him rot on the bench than "waltz" off into the sunset with another Premier club. It would send the right message (my opinion) if he were benched against Hull as they're likely to be the weakest opposition we're likely to meet this season.

Arsenal’s interest in Riyad Mahrez has cooled

Arsenal’s interest in Leicester City attacker Riyad Mahrez has cooled considerably in recent days.

The player wants to join the Gunners, as Eurosport revealed several weeks ago, but the North London club were quoted a price of around €50m plus incentives for the player and since then have not made an official offer.

Riyad Mahrez has no intention of signing a new contract with Leicester and wants to leave the club but refuses to force his way out. Leicester have been clear with him, they want him to stay and Mahrez, a good man in an increasingly unscrupulous football world, does not want to actively go against the side where he made a name for himself.

The bottom line is, unless an enormous offer is made for Mahrez, or a club can successfully turn the player’s head against the Foxes, the situation is blocked.

This actually tallies with what one of the supposed ITKs was saying on here the other day.

Looks like this will drag on till the very end. The Chelsea link worries me slightly..

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Arsenal’s interest in Leicester City attacker Riyad Mahrez has cooled considerably in recent days.

The player wants to join the Gunners, as Eurosport revealed several weeks ago, but the North London club were quoted a price of around €50m plus incentives for the player and since then have not made an official offer.

Riyad Mahrez has no intention of signing a new contract with Leicester and wants to leave the club but refuses to force his way out. Leicester have been clear with him, they want him to stay and Mahrez, a good man in an increasingly unscrupulous football world, does not want to actively go against the side where he made a name for himself.

The bottom line is, unless an enormous offer is made for Mahrez, or a club can successfully turn the player’s head against the Foxes, the situation is blocked.

This actually tallies with what one of the supposed ITKs was saying on here the other day.

Looks like this will drag on till the very end. The Chelsea link worries me slightly..

Thing is if nobody puts a bid in and he refuses to sign a new contract then I'm sure he will have great fun playing for £30k week or whatever he's on.

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Once again French football and other sites are back tracking and trying to cover their ITK status by putting out comments that will never be confirmed or denied by player/club..

So according to this he wants to leave but wont force a move and is happy to stay here on 70 odd grand a week less than he has been offered for the next 3 years.

He has been offered to Arsenal but they don't want to pay even though the manager/club publicly said he isn't for sale.  This was after they already said a deal had been made between the clubs and he was on his way to Arsenal.

The Chelsea link doesn't worry me at all.  The owners instagram post is enough for me.

If Mahrez has any respect he'll sort this out before Saturday, sign the contract and go where you like next year. Is another year of Champions League and an incredible atmosphere at the KP on £80-£100k/wk really that hard?!

Just now, bigboy said:

Can someone please tell how another club can interview another clubs player when that player is under contract to that's cloud?

I'm totaly confused by this  Mahrez situation.

There's nothing to be confused about. Mahrez will not have met with Chelsea or Arsenal. His agent may have had indirect communication with them but even that is subjective. It's social media for you, Twitter is about as reliable as those 0900 numbers off teletext back in the mid-nineties.

12 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

If Mahrez has any respect he'll sort this out before Saturday, sign the contract and go where you like next year. Is another year of Champions League and an incredible atmosphere at the KP on £80-£100k/wk really that hard?!

He is entitled to do what he wants, if he doesn't want to stay but is prepared to he shouldn't have to sign a new deal he doesn't want.

I think it says a lot about him that he would rather play for us than force a move away like that spoilt child Kante did.

The longer this goes on the higher his price. Can't really blame the club if we accept around 65+million for him. If clubs offer less they should be told where to go! 

if he doesn't go this window he will likely go next window and if he has a poor season it could be costly, I'd rather he stayed for the CL though, long term hopefully Gray / Kapuzka will step up

28 minutes ago, bigboy said:

Can someone please tell how another club can interview another clubs player when that player is under contract to that's cloud?

Every team does it let's not kid ourselves. It's meant to be tapping up but I suppose the way to get around it is for agents to communicate with clubs. 

Im sure we are as guilty of it as other clubs are. 

From everything we've heard from Claudio, and seen from Vichai and Riyad, all of the parties seem pretty happy with the current relationship and nobody is too fussed about getting a deal done by a certain deadline. 

Not sure why any folks feel Riayd owes them a statement.

41 minutes ago, bigboy said:

Mate footballers don't go for job interviews.

"So Mr Mahrez, you have an impressive CV but can you sell me this pen?"

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

From everything we've heard from Claudio, and seen from Vichai and Riyad, all of the parties seem pretty happy with the current relationship and nobody is too fussed about getting a deal done by a certain deadline. 

Not sure why any folks feel Riayd owes them a statement.

Got to agree with this , why should he put a statement out he's a Leicester player and that's it.

Twenty-two days to go until the window closes. Somehow I worry we'll still be waiting a while before anything becomes clear. 

As others have said - I won't actually 100% believe the guy is staying until he signs a new contract with us. 

I wish this stuff would clear itself up sooner on during the summer - but at the end of the day, professional players (and their agents) are always going to try to take things to the wire to try and get a better deal. That is the world we have created by establishing transfer 'windows'. 

My only real gripe is that I don't like it when there's a question mark over a player's head and the season has already started. 

Given that there's still over two weeks to run after our first league game, it's an unhelpful distraction for everyone concerned. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He will sign a new deal. If he is staying then there's no way he'd miss out on an extra £50-60,000 a week. It's moronic. It's not as if his deal is up next summer and can walk away, he's got another 3 years left. 

50k X 20 weeks

1m

- tax 500k

think how much he will get if his nets 40m-60m transfer.

If he doesn't sign I think the club will accept by January as his price is at a high

Archived