Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

16 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I suppose you could offer them a new contract even though it'd be pay as you play won't it? They can still approach to sign him but I think if he accepts you over them they usually don't come calling again like we would lol

Even though its pay as you play, I padded my reserves and youth team a bit, brought in some cover and the board have restricted me to a max of £20 appearance bonus, even when renewing more lucrative contracts, and even though i lost several "high earners".

Performance has taken a slight hit, not sure how long I can manage this side. Can't even moan in the press as not even the free papers give a shit about this team

Really want to get this, but my laptop was so bad for FM16, the equivalent of having an obese hamster on a wheel. I've been meaning to get a new laptop for a while now, so what's the min. requirements needed for FM17? I'm not too savvy when it comes to computers, but I imagine anything over the minimum is a bonus. 

58 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Really want to get this, but my laptop was so bad for FM16, the equivalent of having an obese hamster on a wheel. I've been meaning to get a new laptop for a while now, so what's the min. requirements needed for FM17? I'm not too savvy when it comes to computers, but I imagine anything over the minimum is a bonus. 

Any modern laptop, with a quad core or better CPU, dedicated 2gb graphics and 16gb of ram will run FM. Solid state drive as well will help it load faster

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Any modern laptop, with a quad core or better CPU, dedicated 2gb graphics and 16gb of ram will run FM. Solid state drive as well will help it load faster

Cheers. So I take it that's the minimum needed, and anything more just makes it run smoother and quicker? What's the star rating like, on computer performance and game speed (I think they're the ones?) will that do 5 star or 1? I like quite a big database of leagues etc.

3 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Cheers. So I take it that's the minimum needed, and anything more just makes it run smoother and quicker? What's the star rating like, on computer performance and game speed (I think they're the ones?) will that do 5 star or 1? I like quite a big database of leagues etc.

I run a 8 core i7 , with 16gb of ram, an 8gb 1070 GPU, 250gb solid state drive and have a 4.5 star graphics rating. So take that with a pinch of salt, I run max graphics settings, 42 leagues on my current save and it runs well. My recommendation is what I feel sure will run it, with a little research you may be able to cut those specs down, But you don't want a new laptop every year, so I would go higher if you can

Still haven't bought fm17 yet but last night I fired up fm16 with the updated transfers as of the summer window just gone I donloaded via that fm bit through steam (sorry for the technical jargon) started off unemployed taking over fiorentina who were struggling around 17th just before Xmas, really enjoying it so far it's been a while since I've played it, it's decent the amount of effort some1 has put in to update all the transfers as well probably just fm17 minus brexit lol

6 hours ago, Beliall said:

I run a 8 core i7 , with 16gb of ram, an 8gb 1070 GPU, 250gb solid state drive and have a 4.5 star graphics rating. So take that with a pinch of salt, I run max graphics settings, 42 leagues on my current save and it runs well. My recommendation is what I feel sure will run it, with a little research you may be able to cut those specs down, But you don't want a new laptop every year, so I would go higher if you can

Cheers mate. Yeah on 16, loading between dates was like waiting an eternity. Really I want to go PC world or somewhere, with a list like what you've put and find something matching them yeah? I guess it'll have to be a 'high end' laptop? How much will that be? 

13 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Cheers mate. Yeah on 16, loading between dates was like waiting an eternity. Really I want to go PC world or somewhere, with a list like what you've put and find something matching them yeah? I guess it'll have to be a 'high end' laptop? How much will that be? 

Honestly, i don't know, but a lot more than a custom built desktop

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Ladies and gents...FM 17...worth getting? Much different to 16? 

Let me know please before I fork out.

Many thanks..

Yeah Buy it, annual buyers will appreciate the changes more, its much easier to navigate

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Anyone ever get a crave to manage a completely random team for no reason at all?

I've decided this lunch that Bologna is calling. Not a scooby why.

How do you think I ended up at Sparta Rotterdam, Bari, Nantes, Las Palmas and Munster?

4 seasons in with Leipzig, finished 2nd last season. Got knocked out by Real Madrid in CL first knockout round even though I won the home leg 3-1 as well. Just got a team full of wonderkids.

PSG have gone into financial meltdown even after winning the league every season. Every single player is transfer listed - never seen anything like it.

Played 4 seasons into the game already? wow. Even if you had Beta, thats 4 seasons in 3 weeks? As much as id love to play more football manager, i couldnt give THAT much time to it. Not sure id want to. I usually just play 5-7 games a night on a workday in front of the telly for an hour or bit more.

Im not that hardcore a player of the game. Fair enough, i havent achieved lots of trophies taking over Murcia or someone and wheeled and dealed to get where i am, but even as Barcelona i think such a dominant season as to sweep the board and win every trophy and with style is something im happy with.

Ive chosen them mostly as i want to bring through lots of graduates from La Masia, and the team is starting to get quite old. Many players are 30 or even older, Mascherano and Iniesta two key players are 33, Suarez and Messi are 30 so will start to decline. Its a team that although they are very, very good, theyre going to need to be majorly rebuilt. Everyone is getting old together.

For now though, got some great tactics and i love watching them play, some of the triangles we play are fantastic. I dont really ever fiddle with the width bar anymore, going wide tends to just leave the team open. I dont like retain possession either. I just keep it short and leave retain possession unticked, so they play neat pass and move one and two touch football.

Board have only given me £20 million in the summer to spend (I was expecting £100 million plus and was scouting players like De Bruyne and Griezmann to bring them in), but i do have Hector Bellerin coming in for season 2. Im retraining Sergi Roberto to become a midfielder again. Hes an extremely good right back.

Got to say though, i preferred Barca's kit last season with the horizontal stripes. Just looked really classy to me in the darker colours. This seasons kit looks too bright and a bit weird. I like the away and 3rd kits though.

A few screenshots

League Table.jpg

Overall Screen.jpg

Tactics 1.jpg

Tactics 2.jpg

Spanish Cup Run.jpg

Champions League Run.jpg

What the hell has happened to La Liga. What are those ****ing names? Atletico Pamplona? Real Hispalis? Real San Sebastian????????

I learnt to deal with FCP and SLB. I eventually dealt with BMG and Berlin Kopenick Dammfeld, but this is just far too much now. We need to revolt.

Archived