Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

I'm going for a non league save after becoming disillusioned with winning every week with Liverpool, and I've decided to take the plunge with FC United. Plan is to get to the Premier League in ten seasons and win it in fifteen. Football Manager 2018 should be out by then. Just won the intra-squad friendly 8-0 which has made me realise how screwed I am if a few first team players get injured because our reserves are completely terrible.

Had a few days to play about 15 games in my first season, and I've got to say the game is laptop-throwingly frustrating at times. Even more so than ever before.

The match engine is probably most broken I've ever seen it. I've had the situation that @Beliall posted more than once... Ridiculous speculative shots or clearances that just piss-roll past moronic glitchy keepers. I've probably hit the post or the bar more times that I've scored this season too, must be at least once per game.

Last night my striker had a penalty saved acrobatically by the keeper and the ball was basically rolling along the goal-line, begging for a tap in... Instead of doing just that, he decided to run up to it, turn, and play a lovely chipped pass back to a waiting midfielder stood outside the penalty box. lol

I've got to say, I'm finding this year's harder than ever... Admittedly my FC Wil team aren't world beaters, but I just can't seem to get my tactics right. Predicted to finish 2nd in the league, and I'm floating in mid-table.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

So by the sounds of it I'm buying a new laptop only for it to be broken within about three days lol 

I thought I'd grown out of attacking inanimate objects, but I've become dangerously close a couple of times! 

I've scored two of those slow shots already this season (about 10 games in now) with the comment "...scores a total fluke". 

Also last night I played Luton. I got to HT at 0-0 and then second half they scored, no joke, 3 in 3 minutes. 53 mins in I was 3-0 down.

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

This is ****ing bollocks.

I have my save on "the cloud" - and no for some reason it says "file could not be load" when I want to play now?

It's saved to the cloud FFS. How can it be corrupted?

Try logging out of Steam, then back in again. Worked for me on my cross save

On the cross save (between PC and tablet) you have to log out and close the program after saving for it to upload.

42 minutes ago, Walkers said:

What staff role is important to get good youth intake players?

Head of Youth Development. From Passion4FM:

"The staff responsibilities of HoYD is directly tied to the clubs youth intake. You will benefit from the scouting knowledge of the staff personnel. This means that it can be valuable to pick a HoYD with a scouting knowledge from nations with high youth rating – which influence on the quality of regens production. Nations such as Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, Spain or Italy can be worthy countries to search for a new HoYD in.

His personality will also be important. Selecting an HoYD who has an positive personality will most often let you see youth players with similar personalities coming through the annual youth intake, as your excellent head of youth development will often select youth players with similar personality like himself. I tend to look for backroom staffs with personalities such as Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Determined or fairly Determined.

His tactical preferences can influence on the type of youth players coming through in the annual youth intake. It will be important to select an HoYD with some of the same preferences as your playing style (passing style / playing mentality) and the choice of preferred formation."

On 15/11/2016 at 10:53, AjcW said:

You seem to have had a steady enough start... I lost 5 in a row in October then went 25 games unbeaten and that basically lead to winning the league with another little run at the end lol lots of 1-0 and 2-0, reminded me of us last season!

Really doubting i'll stay up in the prem but switching to 5-3-2 has made a difference so maybe there is hope!

Funnily enough sounds pretty much how it went for me, canned the ulloa loan deal as sakho from West Ham became available for loan and he did some damage, ended up pipping Newcastle to top spot... roll on the prem 

40 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Funnily enough sounds pretty much how it went for me, canned the ulloa loan deal as sakho from West Ham became available for loan and he did some damage, ended up pipping Newcastle to top spot... roll on the prem 

Enjoy!

I've hit some form before New Year and i'm on 24 points going into January.... last season 17th survived on 31 so i'm quietly confident!

On 11/11/2016 at 16:38, casablancas said:

When you're three nil up atbswnasea at half time and make a brew thus forgetting to team talk / adjust any tactics and loose 5-3

image.jpg

Well your half time team talk didn't go down well lol

14 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Anyone getting pissed off with the 3D stupidity of graphics change to watching in 2D still get just as good a view of match (arguably better) but without any of the idiotic shit the players do in 3D

Only time I ever played in 3D was when they first introduced it (whichever year it was). Played the first friendly in 3D and hated it. Played in 2D ever since. I just prefer it.

I resigned at Dinamo Moscow after just over 7 years. I think the Russian League is great, so competitive. Was offered a job interview at Krasnodar that had x2 wage budget and 24m transfer budget but they chose someone else. I opened up the Swiss league and for some reason every team (except Basel, sadly) were looking for a manager so I took the Young Boys job whose season began in just 11 days and because we'd just loaded the league, we had 0 members of staff :| Then to add to that apparently we couldn't comply with the squad registration rules so I couldn't do anything really. I could choose 4 first teamers then the rest of the squad was filled with my 3 u21 squad players, 2 u19 squad players and a bunch of greyed out players. I went on holiday for a few months to see if anything would change and I saw the first match I missed my main team actually played. I loaded up the game from that point and they still couldn't be registered. I had a CL qualifier against Spartak Moscow (one of the best in Russia in 2023) afterwards who bizarrely I absolutely murdered over the two legs and obviously lot on aggregate. After the first leg I was able to pick my proper team for the league but the whole thing has kinda put me off so I think i'll load it back up from when I was unemployed in the winter and maybe see if Russia will offer me their job for the 3rd time or failing that another top Russian team as I fairly regularly had job offers whilst at Dinamo from clubs like Rubin and Lokomotiv

33 minutes ago, Beliall said:

love the 3d view.. How can you call 3d graphics stupid when comparing to 22 dots sliding up and down a green rectangle?

I more meant the stupid glitchy moments, some of the little movements are so laughable in 3D so I just went back to 2D less infuriating

Archived