Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

Christ almighty, transfers in this game are mad. Finished 5th, 9th and 3rd. Got £150m to spend with Leipzig. Building a new stadium as well.

Notable transfers - Sold Naby Keita for £27m, bought Hojberg for £18m and sold him for £46.5m 12 months later. Got Berahino for £3m compo and sold him to Bayern for £35m and I sold Maximiliano Romero for £56m to Dortmund. 

Wages go absolutely mad, I can't afford to keep my best players and I constantly have to rebuild every summer.

Just paid an initial £27m for a 17yo GK from Bayern lol

Just completed ny first season. Did pretty well actually, finished 10th in the league and lost in the FA cup final to Chelsea. Had bugger all to spend but managed to sell a couple of players and brought in Michael Keane and Ryan Bennett because I had 1 centre back

Also sold Callum Wilson in Jan because he wasn't scoring and signed Moussa Dembele from Celtic who started banging them in for me

Leicester finished 16th and Spurs won the league. Are the producers Spud fans by any chance? 

Took a job in china, at the start of my annual pentagon fail attempt. researched everything about the club before accepting, except the league position. mid way through the season, 14 points from safely with 9 games to play

Started unemployed and after a few unsuccessful job applications i ended up at  Zhongyou in China's second division! 

5 points from safety with 4 games to go, won my first game in charge which was a first win in 10 for them! Hopefully can build on the win and keep them up :) 

Bought this on a whim a while back as I had the 20% discount and didn't think I'd play it much...

Well, I had last week off of work and ended up getting stuck in. Started out at Rotherham and narrowly missed out on the playoffs in my first season. It was outrageously tight, with five games left there were around 6 or 7 sides all within a point or two of 5th place, but we had an awful end to the season and finished 8th. I did manage to get promoted in my second season though (automatically), and am now preparing for an almighty struggle in our first season of Premier League football (though I have been given £44m to spend, way more than I initially thought I'd get!)

Not sure whether it's me, but it feels easier this year for some reason. The teams I had in the Championship, both when I narrowly missed out on a playoff place and when I did get promoted really weren't that good and should've been nowhere near the top end of the table. Unsure what to make of it really...

In my second season with Chester.

First season was predicted to be in a relegation battle. Was second throughout the year and a huge balls-up meant I finished outside of the play offs.
Second season hasn't been great. Very inconsistent and trying out new tactics and I am currently mid table. I have a very young squad with huge potential.

Anyone have any advice for non-league football?

5 hours ago, Beliall said:

Good luck. China can be really fun. I didnt load the country into my current save. Ended up in Northern Ireland

I've done N Ireland before, its all quite close between the 3 leagues. I started in Div 3 with Queens University of Belfast or summat and cup matches against the top sides were fairly even. Then I left and took over at PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland) lol

Bought this today but the touch version, it all seems the same except a few bits that I'm not too bothered about. I can't seem to do team talks during games though which I miss. Doing a leicester save and signed romeu from Southampton as I'm trying to play three centre mids and obviously apart from drinky there's no one

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

I've done N Ireland before, its all quite close between the 3 leagues. I started in Div 3 with Queens University of Belfast or summat and cup matches against the top sides were fairly even. Then I left and took over at PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland) lol

I'm hoping to get my manager enough experience and respect in the game to be better prepared for higher leagues, and on to the pentagon

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

Any clue how to stop this shit? tha'ts the 3rd first teamer i have lost due to the non-contract system I have in place.

carville.png

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

Any clue how to stop this shit? tha'ts the 3rd first teamer i have lost due to the non-contract system I have in place.

carville.png

I suppose you could offer them a new contract even though it'd be pay as you play won't it? They can still approach to sign him but I think if he accepts you over them they usually don't come calling again like we would lol

Archived