Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What the hell has happened to La Liga. What are those ****ing names? Atletico Pamplona? Real Hispalis? Real San Sebastian????????

I learnt to deal with FCP and SLB. I eventually dealt with BMG and Berlin Kopenick Dammfeld, but this is just far too much now. We need to revolt.

Years of PES have trained me for this

http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/fm-2017-real-names-fix/

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What the hell has happened to La Liga. What are those ****ing names? Atletico Pamplona? Real Hispalis? Real San Sebastian????????

I learnt to deal with FCP and SLB. I eventually dealt with BMG and Berlin Kopenick Dammfeld, but this is just far too much now. We need to revolt.

Sortitoutsi release a db fix that does all of that and makes the German and Japanese teams playable etc.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry, I worded that badly.

The Japanese and German national teams will pick real players with the Sortitoutsi fix.

Ah, no I was confused because I read an article last week , telling us the sugerdaddy clubs and several Japanese teams were included, yet I don't see any Japanese leagues in game. Never have I don't think

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry, I worded that badly.

The Japanese and German national teams will pick real players with the Sortitoutsi fix.

I never had to download anything to get that. You just have to delete a couple of files don't you?

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You should take a look at the Brazilian league now, every team is only three letters long, like GRE for Gremio but I can't seem to figure out who many of them are. Real Hispalis are Real Betis, I haven't got a clue who Pamplona are though and likewise for San Sebastian (Sociedad?). Its only a matter of time before Leicester are called East Midlands Blues Pro Evo style.

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

You should take a look at the Brazilian league now, every team is only three letters long, like GRE for Gremio but I can't seem to figure out who many of them are. Real Hispalis are Real Betis, I haven't got a clue who Pamplona are though and likewise for San Sebastian (Sociedad?). Its only a matter of time before Leicester are called East Midlands Blues Pro Evo style.

Real Hispalis are Real Betis, Atletico Pamplona are Osasuna, and San Sebastian are Real Sociedad.

Its pretty ridiculous to be honest, why are some teams in there and others not? surely the whole league is licensed not just a few teams?

"Gelsenkirchen" in Germany instead of Schalke.

I personally feel managing in Germany is an unfair advantage if your players arent doing international duty. Theyre having 10 day rests all the time. 4 or 5 of my Barca team are constantly flying half way around the world and back for internationals and coming home jaded, which is natural

Watford and Everton now have their official club badges appear now too and finding specific players at specific clubs has become a nightmare now as online wonderkid lists use real club names so you find yourself scrolling through the Brazilian leagues for an age looking for Flamengo or Fluminense etc.

Just played athletico Madrid in the first leg of the knockout stages of the champions league at home epic encounter city won 7-4 vardy with 4 and 3 for Okazaki. The pace of my team is scary. I played on the counter 523 formation two wing backs. You should of been there 

Sports Interactive know that people hate the abbreviated or fake names, lack of licenses etc. that's why they make it so easy to fix. Took me a matter of minutes to download the DB fix, and all of the team, player and competition names are as they are in real life. Same with kits and logos.

Just started my first game... I always like a challenge, so just started with Parma but I'm not really feeling it. Having a look through this sugar daddy list I quite fancy some of those smaller "foreground sugar daddy" clubs. Like Wil in Switzerland, or Audax in Brazil (never heard of either of them, either). They should have some cash to play with.

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Really Enjoying Northern Ireland. The table is so close, there have been 5 different teams at the top

league table.png

Nice one! 

Need to give my players a rest and decrease training workload i think. Had an excellent pre season. Start of the League season not so much

Do people take an approach to individual training, and if so what do you focus on?

Do you just take what you think is their weakest attribute for the role you play them in and work on that in training?

Also, has anyone else here managed Barcelona? why do the coaching staff rate your own players so lowly? Youve got Messi as a 5 start, Neymar and Suarez as 4 and a half star, and then beyond this its a bunch of 2.5 stars, 3 stars.....they seem to think everyone else is alright-ish......just find it weird.

Is it based on them never being able to compare to the trident?

Managing Huddersfield. A great first season where we won 6 on the trot to qualify in the playoffs ended poorly as we lost in the playoff final 4-1 to Newcastle. Just starting the second season now.

@Donut The star ratings compare players to the other players in your squad. Low star ratings doesn't mean your player's aren't world class, it just means that they're not on the same astronomical level of potential Ballon d'Or winners Messi or Suarez.

Team training I usually go with fitness in pre-season, team cohesion for a month after a transfer window to help the new signings start performing, before switching to attacking or defending depending on what the team's weakest at. Individual training I just set the role I want the player to play in in my tactic and the attribute is the one I feel they need to increase most to play more effectively in that role, not necessarily the lowest.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

Do people take an approach to individual training, and if so what do you focus on?

Do you just take what you think is their weakest attribute for the role you play them in and work on that in training?

Also, has anyone else here managed Barcelona? why do the coaching staff rate your own players so lowly? Youve got Messi as a 5 start, Neymar and Suarez as 4 and a half star, and then beyond this its a bunch of 2.5 stars, 3 stars.....they seem to think everyone else is alright-ish......just find it weird.

Is it based on them never being able to compare to the trident?

Messi makes everyone look shit

2 minutes ago, rmahrez said:

Managing Huddersfield. A great first season where we won 6 on the trot to qualify in the playoffs ended poorly as we lost in the playoff final 4-1 to Newcastle. Just starting the second season now.

@Donut The star ratings compare players to the other players in your squad. Low star ratings doesn't mean your player's aren't world class, it just means that they're not on the same astronomical level of potential Ballon d'Or winners Messi or Suarez.

Team training I usually go with fitness in pre-season, team cohesion for a month after a transfer window to help the new signings start performing, before switching to attacking or defending depending on what the team's weakest at. Individual training I just set the role I want the player to play in in my tactic and the attribute is the one I feel they need to increase most to play more effectively in that role, not necessarily the lowest.

Interesting perspective. Ive started to take the training more myself rather than just leaving it to the staff, and a few of them had started voicing their unhappiness at some of the things individually they had been working on.

Team cohesion has a big emphasis when bedding in new players and changing tactics. For the first time this pre season i did go a bit heavier into the fitness aspect and the players are raring to go fitness wise.

This could be an interesting season, im really surprised the club has no money, and players like Iniesta, Suarez and Messi are definitely declining now, the report cards say it and their attributes are slowly going down. only a point here or there, but theyre going down. Messi's dribbling and finishing has dropped 1 point each to 19 for example. Suarez is getting slower.

But the club has great youth coming through like Carlos Alena in central midfield who will be the new Iniesta, Sergi Samper looks great and his loan spell away last season to Granada brough him on, Borja looks like he could make the step up as a defender.

I expect to be pushed hard by Real this season who have spent big money.

Decided to start my first season with FC Wil 1900 in the Swiss 2nd division. They're supposed to have a foreground sugar daddy chairman (they're owned by some sort of Turkish conglomerate in real life) who I've read is supposed to "constantly supply fresh money" but I've yet to see it with my £35k transfer budget, and 2.4k wage. 

I suppose everything is relative. lol

Just out of interest, does anyone use the post-match analysis to tweak their tactics etc? 

And has anyone worked out what sport scientists and data analysts add to the game yet? 

Im not sure what the data analysts do to be honest. Ive not been at a club yet that dont have data analysts, but im assuming what they do is by having one, or a head analyst and then an analyst team say, is that the stats they come back with on the team report page are more in depth? or maybe the scouting report on the opposition team is more in depth? if it isnt, then they have no role in the game.

Whats particularly strange is there are no specific attributes for data analysts on the game. they dont even have a "data analysis" attribute for example? or anything to judge how good ana analyst they are other than their reputation.

Im pretty confident if you have a sports scientist in your camp, your fitness bar goes up if you go onto the staff menu and you look at how your staff compare to the others in the league.

Into my 7th season now at Dinamo Moscow (sorry @Donut) had a poor end to last season finishing 8th, and had another poor Europa League campaign in a fairly easy group. I have a really talented squad, I keep looking out for youngsters from abroad because for some reason I take a fair bit of notice of how my u21 and u19 teams are doing lol I like to choose carefully whether i'd like them out on loan or playing with my academy. I was looking through smaller countries like Iceland and Georgia to see if there was any talent knocking about, a fair few players in the u19/21 national teams tend to be without clubs. Hopefully a season away from Europe will allow me to do what a team called Ufa have just done, kinda following in Leicester's footsteps really they came from nowhere and won the league by quite a margin. Hopefully I can have a cup run again, I haven't won in 90mins in the Russian Cup since the Semi Final when I won the trophy 2 years ago lol. I've spent the summer mainly upgrading my coaches, particularly for my u19/21 teams where I only had 1 coach. I now have the best type of coach/scouts/physios in the league. I don't really have an excuse now lol

Also there was a 20yo Serbian player at a team called Amkar (usually relegation battlers) in the Russian Premier Division. He was out of contract last summer, on 22k p/w and was wanted by Real Madrid and Barcelona. He was willing to have talks with me but had locked in his wanted wages which was more than I could give, so I had to cancel. I waited until his contract expired in the hope that a) he won't have a club and b) his wage demands might go down. For some reason he remained at the club (for the entire season, nobody came in for him, although he only played 1 league game strangely), but when I went to offer him a contract again his locked in wage demand was 66k. Wtf? As it turned out he's joined CSKA Moscow this summer, for less money than he wanted off me which is typical FM really. I guess it could be a player wanting more from a club he least wants to join. That said i've been in situations where a club accepts a bid of x for a player, I bid x for him and they reject it wanting more.

Also did anybody else think Dinamo Moscow was a successful club in Russia? Because in 99 years they've only won 2 trophies lol

23 hours ago, foxoffderby said:

Just played athletico Madrid in the first leg of the knockout stages of the champions league at home epic encounter city won 7-4 vardy with 4 and 3 for Okazaki. The pace of my team is scary. I played on the counter 523 formation two wing backs. You should of been there 

Well 2nd leg turned out well got tonked 4-0. Went out 8-7. They played like a Sunday league team. I went out with counter/structured and deep defensive line. Kasper also had a mare. 

I got promoted from the northern Ireland intermediate league via the relegation play off, no preparing for a season in the championship where I'm predicted to go straight back down. I have to agree becasue I'm looking for better players to  improve the squad, and I cant find any. At least none that I can sign, as we are semi pro and everyone is non-contract, and good players want regular salaries. The board still are not impressed with me, despite a surprise promotion, and wont listen to my pleas for anything, I cant even do a coaching course . This will be my last season with Newry if things don't go well

Archived