Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

I got promoted from the northern Ireland intermediate league via the relegation play off, no preparing for a season in the championship where I'm predicted to go straight back down. I have to agree becasue I'm looking for better players to  improve the squad, and I cant find any. At least none that I can sign, as we are semi pro and everyone is non-contract, and good players want regular salaries. The board still are not impressed with me, despite a surprise promotion, and wont listen to my pleas for anything, I cant even do a coaching course . This will be my last season with Newry if things don't go well

Semi pro teams in non league are the toughest saves but most enjoyable i think 

21 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Semi pro teams in non league are the toughest saves but most enjoyable i think 

It's bee ngood fun so far, but I think I hit the glass ceiling for this club. My hope was take them to the Irish premier and compete in the european qualifiers. But I need to train to be a better coach , and take the club professional 

Just finished my 4th season with Leipzig - won the title on the last day after winning 9 in a row (Dortmund are a machine on this mind). My on loan striker equalised for Karlsruhe @ Dortmund after I beat Schalke 5-0.

My team is actually phenomenal, won the German Cup & Super Cup as well. New stadium built for next season & £300m bank balance, just need to win the CL now - lost to Real Madrid two years running at the first knockout stage.

Just won't need the champions league !!! A thrilling 7-5 yes that's 7-5 victory against the gunners. I can't upload image Summat about total file size. Inaki Williams and Berardi are beasts ... Ginormous Peruzzi, jorit Hendrix and Adrian semper are all great bargains. You can also get ziyech for about 8mil in Jan. Don't pass that one up. But players of the season are all the old guard ... Fuchs, alrbrighron, Mahrez and vardy ofc. 

Absolutely destroyed the Champ with wolves... now getting absolutely destroyed in the Prem... 

The board thought it would be funny to give me an extra £40 million budget the day after the transfer window closed in September lol 

Started as Grimsby. Always had a soft spot for them and didn't fancy Leicester this year with them being Champions and all that.

Mixed start - currently played 6 in all comps - lost to fierce rivals Scunthorpe in the League Cup 0-1 but they are top of League One so we didn't disgrace ourselves.

Would like a good run in the Checkatrade Trophy but got a tough group (Sheff Utd, Doncaster and Derby).

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Absolutely destroyed the Champ with wolves... now getting absolutely destroyed in the Prem... 

The board thought it would be funny to give me an extra £40 million budget the day after the transfer window closed in September lol 

I'm half way through my 1st season with Wolves after starting unemployed, sitting 7th after 20 games, i seem to batter most teams having stacks of shots just can't seem to bag

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I'm half way through my 1st season with Wolves after starting unemployed, sitting 7th after 20 games, i seem to batter most teams having stacks of shots just can't seem to bag

I've enjoyed it so far, they suit a possession based tactic IMO as they've got some really good footballers. Full of good young talent that's for sure, only issue is i'm paying for that young element now in the prem as the average age is about 24!

10 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I've just played sheff wed away and drew 1.1... it won't let me upload a pic.... I had 40 shots with 17 on target and 62% possession.... they had 5 shots with 2 on target :unsure:

Bodvarson is so hit and miss... are you using him? I stuck with him all season and he usually got 2 goals then zero for three games then a hat trick then zero then two more lol 

46 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Bodvarson is so hit and miss... are you using him? I stuck with him all season and he usually got 2 goals then zero for three games then a hat trick then zero then two more lol 

I swap between him and Dicko, they both seem to do damage off the bench then miss about 40 chances when started, I've just raided lcfc for Schlupp and ulloa and Real Madrid for some wonderkid cm on loan so I'm hoping I'll be able to kick on and secure at least a top 6 spot

42 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I swap between him and Dicko, they both seem to do damage off the bench then miss about 40 chances when started, I've just raided lcfc for Schlupp and ulloa and Real Madrid for some wonderkid cm on loan so I'm hoping I'll be able to kick on and secure at least a top 6 spot

You seem to have had a steady enough start... I lost 5 in a row in October then went 25 games unbeaten and that basically lead to winning the league with another little run at the end lol lots of 1-0 and 2-0, reminded me of us last season!

Really doubting i'll stay up in the prem but switching to 5-3-2 has made a difference so maybe there is hope!

Archived