Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I love how America doesn't even pretend to have separated Church and State. :D

It's not separate is it? 

Just now, Bryn said:

They don't, it's a Christian state.

It's funny, the UK was founded as a Christian nation yet if you meet a proper Bible-thumper people will look at them in a funny way, whereas the US was constitutionally founded to be a secular state yet the fundies get so much power there.

When the announced the vice-president and the camera focused on the black guy I thought we could be in for a Blazing Saddles moment.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

By the Constitution there is supposed to be a separation of Church and State (First Amendment) but we can all see how well that is going.

I didn't realise the constitution said that.

Just assumed they were from all the things we know about the institutions, in God we trust etc

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I didn't realise the constitution said that.

Just assumed they were from all the things we know about the institutions, in God we trust etc

Yeah. The God stuff tends to date from the 50's when they were all scared of the communist heathens, so they started putting it on money to say "hey, we're not like them!"

Certainly a different speech so far, I genuinely think he means this about transferring power from the establishment to the people. 

How the **** you try to do that and go about achieving it I have no idea, it's going to be interesting watching it though. 

Archived