Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

The Devos family is from my state, and it's important to point out that their family wealth is built on the success of the Amway corporation. For those unfamiliar with Amway, it's a multi-layered direct sales company, also known as a pyramid scheme.

Betsy Devos seems nice enough. But the only reason she's been nominated is because of her family's wealth, and their connection to the republican party. She has no personal history as a student, parent, or educator in the public school system. She has no business being in charge of the public school system, and she has gone on record to say that the way she plans on improving our public schools is by diverting public funding to to private/charter schools. That "competition" between schools for students and funding will improve the quality of education in our country. Is there nothing republicans think Capitalism won't fix? Why worry about education, the environment, etc. when the invisible hand will take care of it for us?

When Trump was elected, i was shocked, but part of me thought that as a cunning businessman, he would surround himself with the most qualified people to run the country. That he would be our bright orange figurehead, but the people behind the scenes would operate the complicated bureaucracy and get shit done. Well, much to my surprise, he is running the country like a business, just like he said. Unfortunately, the way he runs his business is not by hiring the most qualified candidates, but instead by hiring his friends and family.

All of his appointments seem to be a who's who of scumbags. People from Goldman Sachs, Exon Mobil, and now Amway. They are like a group of villains that would only meet to discuss how to kill Batman. Yet he said he was going to "drain the swamp." If anything, the swamp is more murky and full of snakes.

I'm just venting at this point, but now the Republicans are going away from their campaign promise to repeal/replace Obamacare with another universal health system, or at least keep the good parts (under 26 year old dependents on their parents private health care, insurance companies cannot deny applicants based on pre-existing conditions, etc). Tens of millions of people will lose their insurance. People will literally die because they will not have access to care.

Trump's also said vague stuff about the NATO agreement being revisited, that we're going to lift the sanctions on Russia, that he's going to go ahead and build a wall that Mexico is going to "pay us back for." All of these complaints and I haven't even gotten to twitter, refusing to leave trump tower, having his daughter work as a unelected member of his cabinet, etc. 

6 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

The Devos family is from my state, and it's important to point out that their family wealth is built on the success of the Amway corporation. For those unfamiliar with Amway, it's a multi-layered direct sales company, also known as a pyramid scheme.

Betsy Devos seems nice enough. But the only reason she's been nominated is because of her family's wealth, and their connection to the republican party. She has no personal history as a student, parent, or educator in the public school system. She has no business being in charge of the public school system, and she has gone on record to say that the way she plans on improving our public schools is by diverting public funding to to private/charter schools. That "competition" between schools for students and funding will improve the quality of education in our country. Is there nothing republicans think Capitalism won't fix? Why worry about education, the environment, etc. when the invisible hand will take care of it for us?

When Trump was elected, i was shocked, but part of me thought that as a cunning businessman, he would surround himself with the most qualified people to run the country. That he would be our bright orange figurehead, but the people behind the scenes would operate the complicated bureaucracy and get shit done. Well, much to my surprise, he is running the country like a business, just like he said. Unfortunately, the way he runs his business is not by hiring the most qualified candidates, but instead by hiring his friends and family.

All of his appointments seem to be a who's who of scumbags. People from Goldman Sachs, Exon Mobil, and now Amway. They are like a group of villains that would only meet to discuss how to kill Batman. Yet he said he was going to "drain the swamp." If anything, the swamp is more murky and full of snakes.

I'm just venting at this point, but now the Republicans are going away from their campaign promise to repeal/replace Obamacare with another universal health system, or at least keep the good parts (under 26 year old dependents on their parents private health care, insurance companies cannot deny applicants based on pre-existing conditions, etc). Tens of millions of people will lose their insurance. People will literally die because they will not have access to care.

Trump's also said vague stuff about the NATO agreement being revisited, that we're going to lift the sanctions on Russia, that he's going to go ahead and build a wall that Mexico is going to "pay us back for." All of these complaints and I haven't even gotten to twitter, refusing to leave trump tower, having his daughter work as a unelected member of his cabinet, etc. 

Cross to border and come to canada mate

19 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

All this, especially this bolded part. Why on Earth would the 'invisible hand' (economic substitute for "letting nature take its course") save us or the environment when it did no such thing for any other species that messed up or wasn't ready?

Incidentally, for the first time in 20 years, nme.com doesn't feature a Gallagher/Oasis headline, apparently supplanted by Trump headlines. 

...make of that what you will.

10 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone else think trump's just ****ing with everyone?  I mean just look at his appointments? Secretly behind closed doors he's just laughing it up.

Honestly I could just see him turning round today, just about to be sworn in and saying "naaaaaaaaah, had y'all going though!" 

Would go down as the biggest troll in world history. How would you even top that? 

Takes the oath then turns to obama and says "you're fired!"

Well all i can say is for americans i hope he isnt as crazy as we have been led to believet. He is the president so you have to support him and hipe that he in turns looks out for everyone.

If not, in 2 or so years time put your best foot forward and enter the race for the democrat presidential nominee.

Good luck america.

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

DeVos' brother Erik Prince (I've met him before, nice guy, the best guy...) is the founder of Blackwater... And an adviser to Trump.

There's another one for the conspiracy thread. There's some odd stories that have been floating around for years regarding Blackwater.

13 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Takes the oath then turns to obama and says "you're fired!"

Well all i can say is for americans i hope he isnt as crazy as we have been led to believet. He is the president so you have to support him and hipe that he in turns looks out for everyone.

If not, in 2 or so years time put your best foot forward and enter the race for the democrat presidential nominee.

Good luck america.

That would be the icing on the cake, it would be hilarious.

I'm looking forward to the show later, the line up looks good, bit of soul, bit of rock, bit of country, bit of classical,feels a bit more like a representation of wider America rather than a load of MTV celebrities coming on for a bit of PR.

Another story which has seemed to drift along under the radar, is the arrival of the Talladega College Marching Tornadoes marching band (all black), who will be performing, despite receiving death threats, being called race traitors and calls for the president to resign. After struggling to raise their required amount of $75,000 to travel the 19 hours and perform, the College President appeared on Fox news, explaining the predicament. Donations swiftly came in thick and fast immediately after appearing, raising nearly $650,000 from, what one must assume are right/conservative voters. Then again, considering all conservative voters are racists, they probably only donated so they could laugh at black people on the TV, right? 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I'm looking forward to the show later, the line up looks good, bit of soul, bit of rock, bit of country, bit of classical,feels a bit more like a representation of wider America rather than a load of MTV celebrities coming on for a bit of PR.

Come on now Matt you're clutching at straws here, if it was indicative of 'wider America' it would of been the first choice, not the last option after everyone and their dog rejected him lol

Had the London Olympics failed to secure any of the acts they did, and put on The Proclaimers, Lindisfarne and Billy Bragg, would you have preferred that and called it a representation of wider Britain?  

Archived