Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

WWE

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I saw the Great Khali walk in and massage the other guys neck, to help his breathing

He was stopping Orton from escaping the prison, which allowed Mahal to escape and retain his title.

I've just seen that Khali's appearance at the PPV was a one-off, so we probably won't see him again.

4 hours ago, iamafox said:

He was stopping Orton from escaping the prison, which allowed Mahal to escape and retain his title.

I've just seen that Khali's appearance at the PPV was a one-off, so we probably won't see him again.

No he wasn't , it was obvious to anyone, Khali was helping the guy Orton, that's cheating in my books, Orton should be ashamed of himself.  Jinder Mahal is the greatest champ ever, so glad he won

24 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

No he wasn't , it was obvious to anyone, Khali was helping the guy Orton, that's cheating in my books, Orton should be ashamed of himself.  Jinder Mahal is the greatest champ ever, so glad he won

You can't tell me that Khali helped Orton after watching this video

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smackdown has died a death in recent weeks. You can definitely tell that everything is dying down now for the American Football season.

Really hoping that Braun and Brock have a good match at No Mercy and Shinsuke get's the belt from Jinder at Hell In A Cell. 

Enjoying NXT at the moment though and hoping they carry on the great work with Asuka on the main roster, when she makes her debut around Survivor Series. Would be cool to see who takes her place from the Mae Young Classic too.

40 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Nakamura as champion would be worse than Mahal quite frankly. 

How so? The guy oozes charisma and is a completely legit fighter. I don't see anyone else worthy of being champ right now. I'd like Sami Zayn to actually achieve his underdog story. But that seems a way off, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Smackdown has died a death in recent weeks. You can definitely tell that everything is dying down now for the American Football season.

Really hoping that Braun and Brock have a good match at No Mercy and Shinsuke get's the belt from Jinder at Hell In A Cell. 

Enjoying NXT at the moment though and hoping they carry on the great work with Asuka on the main roster, when she makes her debut around Survivor Series. Would be cool to see who takes her place from the Mae Young Classic too.

Recent weeks, more like recent months. Calling up Roode and bringing back Shelton Benjamin is decent; however Smackdown has a long way to go to get me invested again. Raw isn't great either but it has far more interesting things going on right now.

NXT was stuck in a transition period not so long back, now though they seem to have got back on track, the roster is loaded, great depth. Kairi Sane will fill Asuka's role, look out for Dakota Kai too.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Nakamura as champion would be worse than Mahal quite frankly. 

lol Mahal is one of the worst Champions in history.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kind of looking forward to the PPV tonight... Well, let me re-phrase that... I'm looking forward to Braun and Brock tonight.

Hopefully we see a similar display as to what we saw at Summerslam, however I don't see Braun taking the belt away from Brock on a B PPV, but Mania is a long, long way away. 

Reigns and Cena might be a good match, but again, I'm surprised that they are giving this away on one of their "lesser" PPV, so have a feeling that might finish in some sort of DQ or something like that.

Other than that, it's a pretty dull card.

I've been waiting for WWE to prove to me they've got what it takes to put on a top PPV again before i splash out and get a free month trial of the Network lol

That started after Wrestlemania and i'm still waiting after No Mercy lol - Braun/Lesnar sounded flat, Reigns/Cena sounded beyond infuriating (didn't Reigns kick out of every type of AA possible and then down Cena with a superman punch and spear!?!)

They've had a lot of my money over the years - but being a wrestling fan is like being a crackhead, i spent years looking for that same buzz as i used to get - and now and again you'd get it but not often enough to justify putting anymore money into it.

WWE at its best can be compelling television due to decent storylines and whatnot, but my God they are just useless at writing a wrestling show anymore, two recent examples would be the booking of Bray Wyatt and Goldust - i was digging the Goldust classic-style videos - and then they just ditched it all to Bray on RAW the other week, no logic in their booking - why should a fan care when we constantly get reasons not to? Goldust should have gone into a feud with Miz over the IC title at the start of this new push - a Maryse/Marlena base angle would have been fun and benefitted both men with Goldust doing the whole Eddie Guerrero/Chyna thing to try and persuade Miz's wife to become his new star - she wouldn't obviously as it would benefit Miz to have her double-swerve Goldust - but still that one sentance ive just churned out as an idea is more longterm booking than WWE has done this entire year.

Could be the beginning of the end - Network numbers aren't good, thus why No Mercy had "Wrestlemania" matches in Reigns/Cena and Strowman/Lesnar - but they just aren't getting it anymore. Now it'll be higher prices for different network packages as a last resort.

I've gone in a bit on them here but after seeing the highlights this morning i'm really annoyed at their inability to make a good product anymore when they've got no excuses not to - best talent roster they've ever had currently and a lot of it is beyond wasted.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

I'm starting to lose patience in the product too, it's so predictable and boring nowadays.

You have Lesnar dragging down Raw and Mahal dragging down Smackdown, while everything lower down the card is just so uninteresting.

I enjoy what Miz, Elias and Owens do but apart from those three there's no excitement. Strowman needed to come out looking strong last night, yet he succumbed to one F5 just like Samoa Joe did. You know Reigns will be the one to take the title off him, no doubt he'll kick out of an F5 too.

WWE = Nonsensical garbage

I'm no Roman hater but yeh, does get a bit boring when you know it's gonna be the same guy headlining WM for the fourth year running. BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN has been great all year, was a disappointing match overall but then most of Brock's are unless they're a bit balls to the wall spot fest.

• 3 weeks later...

So, looks like Neville might be gone from WWE - actually kinda hope it is true for him, guys like Drew McIntryre, Cody Rhodes and such have really improved themselves getting out of there for a while and hitting the Indys, his booking the last couple of months has been terrible - and he's got a lot of potential as an angry heel character to get into the midcard and beyond. Hopefully he can leave on relativly alright terms - but if he's walked from RAW that's not good.

Also, anyone else seen much of this guy: (not WWE but British Indys)

I'd heard of Joe Hendry but never seen any of his stuff, hilarious! lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 19:57, TAFKA Castroneves said:

So, looks like Neville might be gone from WWE - actually kinda hope it is true for him, guys like Drew McIntryre, Cody Rhodes and such have really improved themselves getting out of there for a while and hitting the Indys, his booking the last couple of months has been terrible - and he's got a lot of potential as an angry heel character to get into the midcard and beyond. Hopefully he can leave on relativly alright terms - but if he's walked from RAW that's not good.

Also, anyone else seen much of this guy: (not WWE but British Indys)

I'd heard of Joe Hendry but never seen any of his stuff, hilarious! lol

I've watched Joe Hendry a few times for WCPW, he's a really great wrestler actually, recently lost the WCPW title to Marty Scurl, but I'm not too sure how much longer that promotion are going to be running for, they had a few key personalities leave and I think they might be struggling now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started watching the WWE again after about a decade of being away from it. Was told that the Hardy boys were back in town only to find out Jeff is injury!

Some of the old faces are still around... Big Show, HHH, Kane and Goldust to name a few but on the whole I have no idea who most of these "superstars" are.

The womens division seems to be massively expand as well. Such a shame Chyna still isnt around to clean house.

So what have I missed in the last decade or so, any major events i need to youtube? Someone fill me in ...

39 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

I have just started watching the WWE again after about a decade of being away from it. Was told that the Hardy boys were back in town only to find out Jeff is injury!

Some of the old faces are still around... Big Show, HHH, Kane and Goldust to name a few but on the whole I have no idea who most of these "superstars" are.

The womens division seems to be massively expand as well. Such a shame Chyna still isnt around to clean house.

So what have I missed in the last decade or so, any major events i need to youtube? Someone fill me in ...

Difficult question to answer but I'd recommend looking into Daniel Bryan's WWE career and also the 'summer of Punk' (CM Punk) - in particular the 'pipebomb' WWE wrestling has become increasingly reality-based and that was the real catalyst for it

AJ Styles from TNA has also been a runaway success and revelation in WWE. and then yoiu have the issue of Roman Reigns who has been constantly pushed right to the top despite the fact the fans hate him (first Raw after Wrestlemania this year was a good example).

Plus Undertaker has finally retired, its worth watching his last few Wrestlemania matches, particularly vs Brock Lesnar