Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

WWE

On 30/01/2018 at 10:37, mancunianfox said:

Apparently Rousey was only told to go out 10 minutes beforehand which might explain why it felt so awkward with nobody knowing what to do. Only Asuka really managed to work it out.

It really was awkward.

Rousey just pointing to the Wrestlemania sign.

Bad end to an overall great show.

• 1 month later...

Starting to get quite excited about Wrestlemania now, been unsure about it for the past few months. But it seems WWE is pulling it out the bag so far and already the build up is getting my more hyped.

There are still "could do better" parts, but overall, I think it's going to be a good few weeks of Raw, Smackdown and NXT, if I can be arsed.

23 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Starting to get quite excited about Wrestlemania now, been unsure about it for the past few months. But it seems WWE is pulling it out the bag so far and already the build up is getting my more hyped.

There are still "could do better" parts, but overall, I think it's going to be a good few weeks of Raw, Smackdown and NXT, if I can be arsed.

A bit too much forceful storylines for my liking especially on the Raw side.

Reigns storyline is a forceful mess, trying desperately to set him up as the face will never work, he'll get booed out of the building as per usual come Mania'.

Cena vs Taker is just so forced too, Cena can turn potential shit into gold, he did the same last year with his feud against Miz but unsurprisingly the match turned out to be shit. Cena vs Taker is five years too late.

Bayley vs Sasha should be the Women's title match instead of Alexa vs Nia, turning Nia face and turning her into an insecure crybaby, fvck that, plus she's trash in the ring.

On 3/20/2018 at 23:59, The Horse's Mouth said:

very much out of the loop, but Daniel Bryan coming back means I'll probably watch Mania

Agreed, shame his comeback will probably be in a bit of a lackluster match with Shane McMahon vs KO and Sami Zayne. 

Definitely would have preferred him to be in a high profile singles match, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

The Final Deletion was very good though, hoping that they can carry on with that momentum. But even then, I don't think it will be part of the Mania card.

• 2 weeks later...

Not watched WWE since the early 00's, but started watching bits as I've now got Sky Sports.

It's obviously nowhere near the same and not as good, but I am starting to enjoy it. It's great to see some old faces for nostalgia.

Looking forward to Wrestlemania!

Mania tonight, what’s everyone think will happen? 

Im guessing a lot of title changes with the exception of Orton who may retain.

whos brauns partner? I’d guess it will be a returning superstar, big show?

will taker show up to batter cena? I’m guessing he will 

3 hours ago, a_k_b said:

Mania tonight, what’s everyone think will happen? 

Im guessing a lot of title changes with the exception of Orton who may retain.

whos brauns partner? I’d guess it will be a returning superstar, big show?

will taker show up to batter cena? I’m guessing he will 

I'm going with...

Asuka to beat charlotte flair. 

Carmella to cash in on Alexa bliss

Leaning towards nakamura to beat styles

Reigns obviously wins

Braun and his partner will win. (Big cass?)

Rousey wins. 

Bryan wins shane turns heel after. 

Balor pins the miz. Rollins enters universal championship picture. 

Orton retains 

Bludgeon brothers win 

And the undertaker will obviously show up to fight Cena. If takes doesn't win they've ruined his legacy completely. Let him out on a high. Cena doesn't need to win

Looking forward to Asuka vs Charlotte, Rollins vs Miz vs Balor, Bryan/Shane vs Owens/Zayn and Styles vs Nakamura.

Tag matches should be decent unless Big Slow is Strowman's partner.

The rest I'm not too bothered, will be interesting to see how Rousey does though.

Just looked through the results of this and the negativity surrounding the final match.  "This is awful... this is awful".  lol

It's been awful since the mid 00s.  You'd think the fans would have come round to that idea by now.  Reigns is poor.  Lesnar is poor.  The Rock needs to come back and lay the smackdown on all their candy asses...!  lol

I enjoyed Wrestlemania, I think the last match was ruined by the crowd more than it was by the actual performance, I didn't think it was awful. Just not great, not what the main event should be.

I'm really fed up of Brock as champion. Trying to think though, who are they going to put over Brock, Roman is the only one, but he essentially got squashed by Brock. I would love to see a big build for Braun to take it off him, maybe at Summer Slam? But Brock's just signed a new contract for a year. I can't really see him dropping it until he's done.

Edited by lcfcrinaldi

9 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I enjoyed Wrestlemania, I think the last match was ruined by the crowd more than it was by the actual performance, I didn't think it was awful. Just not great, not what the main event should be.

I'm really fed up of Brock as champion. Trying to think though, who are they going to put over Brock, Roman is the only one, but he essentially got squashed by Brock. I would love to see a big build for Braun to take it off him, maybe at Summer Slam? But Brock's just signed a new contract for a year. I can't really see him dropping it until he's done.

I was listening to the Parts Unknown podcast and they said it's been reported that Vinny changed the call because of the crowd, with Brock coming out on top over Roman. Dunno if it's true, but you're right, the crowd were totally not into it. Though most of them were nearly seven hours into Wrestlemania, attention spans surely wane, especially if you're not interested in Roman.

Thought WM was good overall. Loved the Ronda tag match, but then I'm a sucker for a classic feud and the spots in that one. Not interested in the US title, AJ/Nakamura disappointed (I'd been bigging it up to my other half and had egg on my face) but there are more rematches to come surely?

Charlotte/Asuka top draw, Undy squashing Cena was superb and it might have completely devalued the title, but the tag match and crowd reaction to Nicholas was great!

I even watched the first two matches of NXT takeover based on Twitter. The ladder match was, well, oh my god. And the women's match was another goodie. Shayna Baszler seems like she'll be good when she comes through. (this from someone who never watches NXT stuff!)

8 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I even watched the first two matches of NXT takeover based on Twitter. The ladder match was, well, oh my god. And the women's match was another goodie. Shayna Baszler seems like she'll be good when she comes through. (this from someone who never watches NXT stuff!)

NXT is far more entertaining than the main roster, you should start watching regularly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hey guys. I'm fairly new here and along with my passion for LCFC I also have a huge passion for pro wrestling.

I have a fairly decent twitter following regarding pro wrestling etc so if you wish to be a part of that then let me know etc. but its also nice to discuss elsewhere so if you love WWE/NJPW/Progress and any other independent wrestling company then drop me a line etc or discuss further here.

massive show at Wembley next Sunday (30th September) so if anyone is going just say hey.

On 12/04/2018 at 18:06, kingfox said:

NXT is far more entertaining than the main roster, you should start watching regularly.

NXT is great, its fresh and brings all the hungry talent from the indie scene. Matt riddle is fresh in there and if you haven't seen him perform then your missing a trick.

next NXT Takeover in November will be off the charts, WARGAMES returns and the whole card looks stacked so far!

• 4 months later...