Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

WWE

On 14/11/2017 at 10:06, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Difficult question to answer but I'd recommend looking into Daniel Bryan's WWE career and also the 'summer of Punk' (CM Punk) - in particular the 'pipebomb' WWE wrestling has become increasingly reality-based and that was the real catalyst for it

AJ Styles from TNA has also been a runaway success and revelation in WWE. and then yoiu have the issue of Roman Reigns who has been constantly pushed right to the top despite the fact the fans hate him (first Raw after Wrestlemania this year was a good example).

Plus Undertaker has finally retired, its worth watching his last few Wrestlemania matches, particularly vs Brock Lesnar

Thanks for that, certainly burned up a few hours for me yesterday, I’m guessing the Roman reigns was getting pushed as a face rather than a heel? Never seen a reaction like that before.

CM Punk looked pretty epic, guessing we will never see him come back to the WWE. 

Taker will come back at some point, even if it’s just a one off. Should have left it as just 1 WM defeat though not 2.

i didn’t get why Daniel Bryan was so liked?

2 minutes ago, a_k_b said:

Thanks for that, certainly burned up a few hours for me yesterday, I’m guessing the Roman reigns was getting pushed as a face rather than a heel? Never seen a reaction like that before.

CM Punk looked pretty epic, guessing we will never see him come back to the WWE. 

Taker will come back at some point, even if it’s just a one off. Should have left it as just 1 WM defeat though not 2.

i didn’t get why Daniel Bryan was so liked?

Yeah, Roman Reigns is being pushed as a face when he gets booed most of the time. It's weird they won't just turn him into heel, I think its because they see him as Hulk Hogan II and won't deviate from that plan even though its not working

I didn't like CM Punk but he definitely got huge reactions and got people talking! Seems like he fell out of love with wrestling and left on bad terms but you'd never say never.

As for Undertaker, him losing to Lesnar was a massive surprise. should have called it a day after that, he was never the same. I've not seem his match with Roman reigns at last WM but people say it was laughably

Daniel Bryan is such a difficult one to explain.... the fans were always behind him because of his wrestling talent but because he was small and not handsome he never got given the chances (being overlooked for Sheamus, Reigns, Randy Orton) - I think the fans identified with that and he got a huge following, especially when he starting doing that YES, YES, YES thing. Basically he just had a real connection to the fans. He did eventually get a huge Wrestlemania moment as a payoff when Vince Mcmahon gave in and gave him the title. He's since been forced to retire because of a head injury I think (?) and WWE won't let him compete when he wants to, so it's all a bit controversial.

Feuds that you missed that are worth watching: Christian - Randy Orton (2011) and also the Shield's feuds from 2012 onwards, although I've only watched on and off really since about 2011 and don't watch any more so somebody else can maybe recommend other stuff!

I haven't watched WWE religiously since Edge retired. I think the whole company went downhill around that time./ Although i do still follow all the latest results and storylines online. I can't understand why they continue to push part timers - particularly Brock Lesnar.

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

I haven't watched WWE religiously since Edge retired. I think the whole company went downhill around that time./ Although i do still follow all the latest results and storylines online. I can't understand why they continue to push part timers - particularly Brock Lesnar.

Because they make money.

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The day The Rock walked out it was finished. 

Looking back I now realise how lucky we were to watch some fantastic wrestlers - The Rock, HHH, Stone Cold, Mankind, HBK, Hart, Taker, Vicious, Flair, Hogan, the list goes on and on.

The current roster is pants.

Attitude era was the pinnacle of what wrestling can be, they make things hard for themselves by splitting the talent. Oh and the PG thing also hinders them. I live in hope that vinny will realise that people will get bored if he doesn’t head back to what made him what he is now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The rumble coming up soon, by far the best PPV going. Anyone else excited for this? Got the women's rumble match as well. Id love to see Nia Jax win the women's and Samoa Joe win the men's rumbles

Predictions?

• 3 weeks later...

Reigns will win his title shot at elimination chamber (Brock isn't booked for that show).

Would love Shinsuke to win the rumble, his entrance at mania :cool:.

Anyone else extremely disappointed by Raw 25? Or was it just me?

Oh and Enzo, how you doin'? Although the woman seems to be a strange one (drug addict, YouTube videos on how to fake pregnancy, selling her body & nudes for money)! Not that excuses this if it's true...

On 24/01/2018 at 07:03, Ross-Kemp said:

Reigns will win his title shot at elimination chamber (Brock isn't booked for that show).

Would love Shinsuke to win the rumble, his entrance at mania :cool:.

Anyone else extremely disappointed by Raw 25? Or was it just me?

Oh and Enzo, how you doin'? Although the woman seems to be a strange one (drug addict, YouTube videos on how to fake pregnancy, selling her body & nudes for money)! Not that excuses this if it's true...

There were a few fun moments but a bit of a let down. Taker's appearance was pointless. Was really looking forward to the stuff at the smaller Manhattan Centre too, but the fans there got shafted.

Pretty good show overall.  The womens rumble will only work if they get more on the roster. 

Bringing all the old divas back disrupted the flow and to be honest, I found the leery commentary about Mandy Rose in particular a little distasteful.

The spot with Ronda Rousey at the end was pretty pathetic.  Ruined the ending really.

First time in a while I was actually left satisfied with a Rumble.

Both Rumble matches had the right results, I thought the Women's would suck but I actually found it pretty fun. Legends were needed, some of the current crop got nice showings and best of all Torrie Wilson looked hot asf.

As for the Ronda situation I'm just glad she didn't win the thing, having her come out afterwards may of stolen Asuka's moment but doing it that way offered more intrigue.