Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

2 minutes ago, USFox said:

Ahh man. Do you think it was a case of mistiming or do you think it's more of a problem with his clinical finishing?

no he was just on the wrong stride when he got to the Ball if that makes sense to you. By the time he tried to kick the Ball it had gone past him, with the Goal wide open and empty.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

no he was just on the wrong stride when he got to the Ball if that makes sense to you. By the time he tried to kick the Ball it had gone past him, with the Goal wide open and empty.

Ahh ok, I see. Makes sense. Took a look at the highlights and saw what you guys are speaking about. It almost looked as if he expected a lob to his head, lol.

1 hour ago, USFox said:

Hey guys, I see all the raving about Slimani and assuming he played great yesterday (I missed the match). I'm excited to see if this win could be the turnaround for the season. Maybe it was the confidence boost the team needed.

No. He played dogshit. 

2 hours ago, USFox said:

Ahh man. Do you think it was a case of mistiming or do you think it's more of a problem with his clinical finishing?

it was just a terrible miss, no way a professional footballer should be that. especially as a striker u need to have the kind of anticipations to know where the ball going to land. he still hasn't scored with his feet yet for Leicester and that was a golden chance, he may prove me wrong but I'm yet to be convinced,  his general play and work rate still got to be question, hope am I proved wrong, then again Vardy hasn't scored in 24/25 games, that is a ridiculous stat and is still our 1st choice striker, he is diving for penalties rather trying to score, last season he would smash it in 

18 minutes ago, Topman said:

it was just a terrible miss, no way a professional footballer should be that. especially as a striker u need to have the kind of anticipations to know where the ball going to land. he still hasn't scored with his feet yet for Leicester and that was a golden chance, he may prove me wrong but I'm yet to be convinced,  his general play and work rate still got to be question, hope am I proved wrong, then again Vardy hasn't scored in 24/25 games, that is a ridiculous stat and is still our 1st choice striker, he is diving for penalties rather trying to score, last season he would smash it in 

Even the best strikers miss sitters

2 hours ago, Topman said:

lol it happened to the best of bests. 

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If the money from China is still on offer, I'd take it in the Summer.

But for now, I'd rather have him up front instead of our other strikers.

Incredible. Team's best striker by a coutnry mile and some want to sell him to China because of missing a sitter. He won't go to China by the way. I'm pretty sure that a handful of PL clubs will ask after him in the summer, because to the contrary of many here, they know what he can do.

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

lol it happened to the best of bests. 

I know, even happens to me on a Sunday morning even thought I been label the best natural finisher the Sunday league has ever seen lol.

1 yard coming to him not at pace, he strike for the ball and went thru his legs...haha

I always want the players in a blue shirt to succeed, just saying for £30 million I not been convinced, saying that the transfer market has been hugely inflated 

He's just come back from the African nations cup and has been injured.

I'm convinced he was carrying a knock/injured when he played in all of Algeria's game too which has made the niggles worse.

He's going to score the goals that will keep us up, and hopefully fire us to Wembley in the Fa Cup if our reserves can battle past Millwall.

1 minute ago, Topman said:

I know, even happens to me on a Sunday morning even thought I been label the best natural finisher the Sunday league has ever seen lol.

1 yard coming to him not at pace, he strike for the ball and went thru his legs...haha

I always want the players in a blue shirt to succeed, just saying for £30 million I not been convinced, saying that the transfer market has been hugely inflated 

I said, the best of the bests. I don't think you don't belong to them. All of'em did miss at some point. that's the lot of a striker. You're not convinced, fair enough, but using this argument to write the guy off is kinda ridiculous.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

I said, the best of the bests. I don't think you don't belong to them. All of'em did miss at some point. that's the lot of a striker. You're not convinced, fair enough, but using this argument to write the guy off is kinda ridiculous.

you wrote me off aswell, slimani is not best of the best, 100% he got better header than me, shooting with the feet only one winner (topman) Claudio u reading this?

Just now, Topman said:

you wrote me off aswell, slimani is not best of the best, 100% he got better header than me, shooting with the feet only one winner (topman) Claudio u reading this?

Sorry i wrote you off without seeing you playing. Then apply tomorrow. We need strikers good with their feet atm. 

Like opinions on Waz or Benny, Slimani  made mistakes during this game...If you follow football then you

all should know, picking out mistakes should be balanced out, by recognising also the positives.

Morgan/Huth have as a duo can and should be judged over their this seasons poor performances.

Meaning more mistakes across their whole defensive performances the whole season , costing us

in teams poor displays too many points. We know its the defence which can win pts in poor displays,

but this season both as a duo have not been PL/Championship quality.judged over 20+ games..

Benny + Waz, made mistakes, but their alround performance on the night was hell of a better than what

we have seen from the CB position this season. Nomatter who the opposition was.

For me, at least Benny should start the next 3 PL  games.

We have tried Huth + Morgan in majority of our games, its been a car crash, its not worked.

Obviously  Benny might not work, but we need a change, it cant be worse now can it..??

He deserves a chance, plus it will help with mental change we need.

People forget, though  Waz's best days are behind him, He and Benny's play from the back

has always been better than  the other two. 

Its only my opinion, but Hugh and Benny would improve the stability at the back.

The thing I will never understand, is why we have only 29yr+  CBs on our books that are

by their sell by dates, has pairings..The club, not just Ranieri are guilty of not investing in the last

2 seasons, on young quality known CBs.

look at Derby or just other avg PL teams, its just a thought, but maybe if we had had other teams CBs

we might be sitting safer than we are at the moment..That is how poor we have been this year..

Plus one sees, with struggling teams, its the defence as mentioned that can keep a club up, or reach

Middle ground in the table. Just look at our history, when we had quality/above avg  CBs.

Both Huth and Morgan deserved ,earned the  trust and  right to start the 1st couple of months, but we should have had alternatives in the squad....

Slimani, is for this rest of the season the right man, but unlike the defence we do have alternatives

Slimani for me, would be the first name down for any front 2 pairings...

eg.  Slim/Mahrez,  Slim/Ulloa...Slim/kapu...Slim/Gray...Slim/Vardy.  

Though I dont want to see again Slim/Shinji.

Gray should now be seen in, all our last games, in all competitions, injury not prohibiting.!

Our biggest worries now, can DDrinkwater refind his form..??

After his type of injury, can Mendy get into or find his stride .

Can Amartey discover his true position, then command it.

Can Ranieri be hard on his captain.Maybe a 2-4 game break would do Morgan some good. 

1 hour ago, Topman said:

Just type on Youtube Worse Football Misses and you will see some of the best strikers in the world missing chances way worse than that one. Even Ronaldo and Messi failed opened net goals, so either you don't understand anything about football or you are just a troll

Archived