Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

With the money spent we should have a Plan B but even Plan A seems a bit hit and miss.

i am with Col in that Slim needs service like any striker however for £30m his basic technical attributes are at best average.....the biggest part i dislike about him though is his attitude.....he's a moaner and yesterday I saw two players tell him to leave Chilwell alone as he was berating the lad because he didn't put the ball in he wanted.

if he worked his nuts off, punched his weight and provided a physical threat then at least he would appear to be trying his best but coupled with his poor touch he looks like an expensive Ormondroyd to me.....Ulloa looks a much better player to me and I would let Slim have a rest before he goes to the AFCON .......

I was at the game and didn't see Slimani berate Chilwell but when my dad told me after I was shocked. I hope that Slimani is the sort of player to appologise after games, you know the kind that get so into it but regret afterwards how they have acted. I want him to suceed and i still remember his first few games unlike most on here, I will judge him fully by the end of the season. One thing I dont like is his attitude when he doesn't get the ball in the box. I remember him having a go at Amartey at Sunderland, fair enough Slimani could have scored and Amartey took that chance from him but pull him up and tell him to leave it next time, shouting at young players who aren't too confident with there place in the team wont do anyone any good and I wouldn't be supprised if some of the other players have had words with him about it. It reminds me of what Deeney said on MOTD a few weeks ago. if he moved to us he would have had to adapt as he wasn't the big player anymore and couldn't act like it, having to fit in with the others.

10 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

With the money spent we should have a Plan B but even Plan A seems a bit hit and miss.

i am with Col in that Slim needs service like any striker however for £30m his basic technical attributes are at best average.....the biggest part i dislike about him though is his attitude.....he's a moaner and yesterday I saw two players tell him to leave Chilwell alone as he was berating the lad because he didn't put the ball in he wanted.

if he worked his nuts off, punched his weight and provided a physical threat then at least he would appear to be trying his best but coupled with his poor touch he looks like an expensive Ormondroyd to me.....Ulloa looks a much better player to me and I would let Slim have a rest before he goes to the AFCON .......

I don't like writing expensive players off so early but on current form then I think it will be unearthed just how little we miss Slimani once he heads off to compete in African Cup Of Nations next month.

Meanwhile in his absence then surely Ulloa will start more often and come more into his own to show his form of when he first came here two years ago in the great escape season, depending on how Vardy and co. are performing also come the time. Last season he only got the opportunity to show glimpses of what he produced during his first season primarily because he was relegated to being just a bit part player - a player like Ulloa needs a good run in the team and to keep starting games in order for him to rediscover his first season form with us IMO, rather than just coming on for a time in the second half, game in, game out..... 

Slimani moaning doesn't surprise me a bit. He's been doing it since the first minute he came here. At first I thought it was ok, it showed confidence & high standards, but now its just irritating. Slim has got the first touch of Akinbyi and can't pass to save his life (he's had 1 good pass since he came here) and yet he moans at everybody else. I hope Claudio shows some balls and drops him, 30M or not, the guys got no pace, no touch and can't pass. If we wanted someone to just stand around the penalty box, like an overpaid beanpole, we should have gone and got Peter Crouch.

Anyone who has played the game at any level knows there is often a moaner in the team

and to be fair it's usually the striker!

If it's affecting the younger players it's up to the captain to sort but I'd rather see them stand up to it.

Its not a profession for shrinking violets.

Slmani is playing behind a poor midfield but he's not helping by being unable hold the ball up compounding

the effect of the weakness.

As for not getting the service, he's missed three golden chances in recent weeks.

He looks poor at the moment but he could still be carrying the groin injury, I'm expecting him  show his 

worth in the new year.

41 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Anyone who has played the game at any level knows there is often a moaner in the team

and to be fair it's usually the striker!

If it's affecting the younger players it's up to the captain to sort but I'd rather see them stand up to it.

Its not a profession for shrinking violets.

Slmani is playing behind a poor midfield but he's not helping by being unable hold the ball up compounding

the effect of the weakness.

As for not getting the service, he's missed three golden chances in recent weeks.

He looks poor at the moment but he could still be carrying the groin injury, I'm expecting him  show his 

worth in the new year.

We scouted him for 18 month,.surely he was better than the shite we have all seen from him

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

I was at the game and didn't see Slimani berate Chilwell but when my dad told me after I was shocked. I hope that Slimani is the sort of player to appologise after games, you know the kind that get so into it but regret afterwards how they have acted. I want him to suceed and i still remember his first few games unlike most on here, I will judge him fully by the end of the season. One thing I dont like is his attitude when he doesn't get the ball in the box. I remember him having a go at Amartey at Sunderland, fair enough Slimani could have scored and Amartey took that chance from him but pull him up and tell him to leave it next time, shouting at young players who aren't too confident with there place in the team wont do anyone any good and I wouldn't be supprised if some of the other players have had words with him about it. It reminds me of what Deeney said on MOTD a few weeks ago. if he moved to us he would have had to adapt as he wasn't the big player anymore and couldn't act like it, having to fit in with the others.

He defo did. Wasn't as bad as Gueye going mental at Holgate though.

I'm all for players having a go at other players for not doing certain things on the pitch.... but not when they're doing next to nothing themselves, he looks about as useful as a target man as Chris wood did, his 2nd touch seems to be chasing his 1st and finally for a poacher he rarely seems to be floating around the penalty spot like most poachers do.... that shanked effort in the second half pretty much sums up his time here so far

Somehow people want to make an excuse that Slimani isn't getting service but Ulloa manages to get it. Get real, one guy is putting in the graft and the other isn't. Slimani has spurned two great chances in recent weeks. He misjumped an Albrighton cross against Man City that was almost identical to the goal Ulloa scored from Gray against Stoke. Then there was the chance early in the 2nd half that Albrighton knocked the ball down for him and he spurned way wide. Also why the **** was Albrighton our farthest man forward and the one knocking the ball down?

After reading through this and his treatment of Chilwell it further highlights just what a poor signing he is. Terrible attitude and players with attitudes like that would have no place in any team of Pearson. Get rid and build back the harmony and team spirit that's been damaged by poor summer signings and the creation of a squad far too big and lacking any balance whatsoever.

I mentioned earlier in the atmosphere thread that we'll go nowhere while the players are arguing between themselves on the field, the fans are seeing no positives on the field and the fans are arguing amongst themselves.

Yesterday I saw many divisions between players on the field, there were a few niggly arms threw in the air, players shouting in disgust/looks of disgust. I'm not making him a scapegoat (Well I am all i've done is slag him off but I have reason as many others do) but mainly from Slimani.

The only player who seemed to be being positive, praising and geeing up his team mates, definetly trying to give Chilwell confidence was Schmeichel.

Seriously lacking team spirit out there something that last season was built on. That mixed with the fans falling out with the players (And rightly so) for the below par performances and effort well it's just a total disaster.

I reckon Slimani's and Mahrez's on field attitude and form will change massively whilst playing for AFCON (for the better), I do get the feeling that neither of them want to be a City player any more. It won't matter, coz we're only the fools that pay their not-so-low wages

He's out of form like the rest of the squad. An inform Slimani was the one that played against Burnley. Weirdly enough quality crosses with pace went in that game. All I'm seeing at the minute is high lofted crosses. You need to pin teams back to use crossing effectively because you can't score headers from your own half. Everton sat back late into the game so Ulloa could get into the box for a cross. You slate Slimani for not getting into the box but he'd be 40 yards offside. His touch was woeful though.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

I reckon Slimani's and Mahrez's on field attitude and form will change massively whilst playing for AFCON (for the better), I do get the feeling that neither of them want to be a City player any more. It won't matter, coz we're only the fools that pay their not-so-low wages

Bollocks.

1 hour ago, Slim Dog said:

He's out of form like the rest of the squad. An inform Slimani was the one that played against Burnley. Weirdly enough quality crosses with pace went in that game. All I'm seeing at the minute is high lofted crosses. You need to pin teams back to use crossing effectively because you can't score headers from your own half. Everton sat back late into the game so Ulloa could get into the box for a cross. You slate Slimani for not getting into the box but he'd be 40 yards offside. His touch was woeful though.

This point about the long, floating crosses is an important one. Apart from the much-maligned Simpson's excellent late cross, which Ulloa should have buried. No excuses (and imagine the shit on here Slim would have got for missing that!), the crosses were piss poor against Everton.

A lack of quality delivery is a big issue in this side, especially on the floor. How many assists have ANY of our midfielders gotten this season?

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This point about the long, floating crosses is an important one. Apart from the much-maligned Simpson's excellent late cross, which Ulloa should have buried. No excuses (and imagine the shit on here Slim would have got for missing that!), the crosses were piss poor against Everton.

A lack of quality delivery is a big issue in this side, especially on the floor. How many assists have ANY of our midfielders gotten this season?

Just had a look. In all comps, Mahrez has 3, Fuchs 3, Gray 2, Vardy 2, King/Drinky/Amartey 1, and Slim leading with 4. Not 1 from Albrighton which isn't shocking with his poor deliveries this season.

He was bad vs Everton and stoke. You can't defend that. But, he have shown enough contribution to keep him out of the "bad signing" stigma. And for the time he screamed at gray. Gray had it coming. You should try to find your teammates. Not try to overcompensate for the lack of playing time by doing too much.

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

He was bad vs Everton and stoke. You can't defend that. But, he have shown enough contribution to keep him out of the "bad signing" stigma. And for the time he screamed at gray. Gray had it coming. You should try to find your teammates. Not try to overcompensate for the lack of playing time by doing too much.

I'm sorry but it's going to take a bit more than 4 goals before he's anywhere near doing that. 

Needs to improve, otherwise he will rightly lose his place. 

20 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Just had a look. In all comps, Mahrez has 3, Fuchs 3, Gray 2, Vardy 2, King/Drinky/Amartey 1, and Slim leading with 4. Not 1 from Albrighton which isn't shocking with his poor deliveries this season.

Tells it all mate. It really does. Albrighton with zero and King, Amartey, Drinky with one is not enough in anyone's money.

It really isn't. 

We have had more assists from our left back (in a 442) than any of our centre mids!

Piss poor.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm sorry but it's going to take a bit more than 4 goals before he's anywhere near doing that. 

Needs to improve, otherwise he will rightly lose his place. 

Of course he needs to improve. But the quality is there. It is just not clicking yet. And the fact that he leads the team in assists is a big problem.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Of course he needs to improve. But the quality is there. It is just not clicking yet. And the fact that he leads the team in assists is a big problem.

He's terrible with the ball on the floor, I've always known he is a far cry from Cristiano witht he ball at his feat, but I didn't quite realize how bad until he started playing in this league as he seemed capable of occasionally running at people in African and Primera League games but it is not happening over here. Maybe it will come with games, but at the moment he generally looks poor on the ball. 

Obviously if you hit his head in the box he's going to cause damage but we all knew that anyway.

It is of course not just him and you are correct we aren't creating enough and we are not doing enough if the chances we do make, in general. 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tells it all mate. It really does. Albrighton with zero and King, Amartey, Drinky with one is not enough in anyone's money.

It really isn't. 

We have had more assists from our left back (in a 442) than any of our centre mids!

Piss poor.

Yeah, it's a big problem. Looking at other stats, we've got really awful stats (rated 18th in total) for passing, tackling, interceptions, dribbles, etc. Think it is harsh for anyone to blame strikers unless they're missing multiple sitters every game. 

Archived