Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This is for a completely separate debate elsewhere but we absolutely could afford £5.5m. In 2000 it was a serious amount of money for us and was half of the Heskey transfer fee. We also saw this as Emile's long-term replacement. Akinbiyi, essentially, was a critical piece of the Leicester City jigsaw at the time.

We can afford £30m now, with the prize money last season and this season, but in our position it's definitely not "nothing." If we get relegated the the PL money will dry up quicker than anything, so it's still absolutely vital that when we double our transfer record we spend it on someone worthy. We haven't done that yet.

Which was my point. It's not about how much the player costs it's about whether they are good enough. And yes, Slimani at present doesn't look like a £30m striker. My worry is, the owners may give Claudio a load more money in Jan, which is great, but will he bring in the right players we need to turn our season round? Hopefully he will but I'm not overly confident.

It would be interesting to see how Slimani would get on if both our wingers actually went outside there fullbacks and whipped a few crosses in from the byline, rather than cutting inside every time they have the ball. I'll probably Judge him a bit more then but as Col city fan said in an earlier post nothing will improve until the midfield is sorted out.

All these various posts having a dig at 1st this player, then another.I am sure we will be the first ever forum

to jizz on 2-3 players before we even buy them..

In this thread plus a few more, when our forwards have had OTT  criticism, one of the posters ( not the only one)

I find I tend to lean to, is Col city fan.  The key to get our foward moves, and strikers finding form is simple......

FFS   get the midfield sorted, we might then find, that our CBs might even pick up.

Individually King and Amartey, even DDrinkwater will do a good job, and have great moments, but not in long

periods in a game, and not consistently  enough. We desperately need top quality midfield investment.Then we

can look forward. A couple of CBs will help us hold our PL position. BUT.   It will be the midfield that will get us

playing the football we desire.Then and only then will we see our strikers including Mahrez do their jobs with

confidence and consistently producing top form.

7 hours ago, Argarath said:

Who cares?

I care. It is always "oh here comes the Algerians defending their players" aand one time a poster here was mad because "the Algerians" gonna inflate the grades of slimani and mahrez in the match ratings. I know it is not important but, it starts to get under your skin every time you or an other poster are called "mahrez and slimani fanboys" and being only here for them.

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

All these various posts having a dig at 1st this player, then another.I am sure we will be the first ever forum

In this thread plus a few more, when our forwards have had OTT  criticism, one of the posters ( not the only one)

I find I tend to lean to, is Col city fan.  The key to get our foward moves, and strikers finding form is simple......

FFS   get the midfield sorted, we might then find, that our CBs might even pick up.

Individually King and Amartey, even DDrinkwater will do a good job, and have great moments, but not in long

periods in a game, and not consistently  enough. We desperately need top quality midfield investment.Then we

can look forward. A couple of CBs will help us hold our PL position. BUT.   It will be the midfield that will get us

playing the football we desire.Then and only then will we see our strikers including Mahrez do their jobs with

I love ya man...but I don't half find your posts bloody hard to read!

lol

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I love ya man...but I don't half find your posts bloody hard to read!

lol

There was Socrates, Shakespeare, Wordsworth then Orwell, it took a little more time to create little me..

Like WW...

Faith is a passionate intuition , some prat got it wrong and reckoned I belong in an institution.

SO I joined the foxes forum..:P

6 hours ago, the fox said:

I care. It is always "oh here comes the Algerians defending their players" aand one time a poster here was mad because "the Algerians" gonna inflate the grades of slimani and mahrez in the match ratings. I know it is not important but, it starts to get under your skin every time you or an other poster are called "mahrez and slimani fanboys" and being only here for them.

As far as i know all the mahrez and slimani fanboys are on our fb page. As long as your not one of them your ok in my book ;)

Guest CityFan 06

I think him and Mahrez will link up / play well tomorrow. As a pair, they both need a really good game to install that confidence back in themselves. Ability is there.

I've got King to score as a side note.

8 hours ago, nettle said:

It would be interesting to see how Slimani would get on if both our wingers actually went outside there fullbacks and whipped a few crosses in from the byline, rather than cutting inside every time they have the ball. I'll probably Judge him a bit more then but as Col city fan said in an earlier post nothing will improve until the midfield is sorted out.

As long as he doesn't have a defender within a 5 yard radius I am sure he will bang them in 

23 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Stopped reading after the highlighted part.

Disgusting !

Archived