Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

56 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Just had a look. In all comps, Mahrez has 3, Fuchs 3, Gray 2, Vardy 2, King/Drinky/Amartey 1, and Slim leading with 4. Not 1 from Albrighton which isn't shocking with his poor deliveries this season.

So according to most on here Slimani is our worst striker yet he has the most goals and most assists in our team? Think people are looking at the money spent and expecting him to be on 13 goals like Costa, except the whole team lacks form so he isn't getting great service. Granted the last few games his touch hasn't been great but it is there in spells. During the first half he made one run with the ball and was nearly through on goal. Multiple times towards the start of his career here he would collect the ball in a number 10 position and carry it up the pitch before releasing someone else. He has hit a bit of a slump in form but how many points has he won us this season (Can someone actually get back to me on this as I think he has won us quite a few points)? Before people slate him as a terrible signing and would rather have Ulloa lets give him time, untill the end of the season at least, to see if he is good enough. Hell I remember Ulloa scoring in his first 5 games then being inconsistent, not scoring for a while and having the first touch of a donkey as I remember people saying on here.

Edit just checked the stats on whoscored and he has 4 goals and 3 assists, still not terrible when Vardy has 5 goals and 2 assists and Okazaki has 2 goals.

52 minutes ago, the fox said:

He was bad vs Everton and stoke. You can't defend that. But, he have shown enough contribution to keep him out of the "bad signing" stigma. And for the time he screamed at gray. Gray had it coming. You should try to find your teammates. Not try to overcompensate for the lack of playing time by doing too much.

He was decent against Stoke and that's been the only time recently he has been yet he still wasn't a threat.

Its been the rest of the matches during that period where he has been poor. My favourite part about Everton was where there was no one to the right of him so he looks up, composes himself and then still passes it to the right.

2 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

So according to most on here Slimani is our worst striker yet he has the most goals and most assists in our team? Think people are looking at the money spent and expecting him to be on 15 goals like Costa, except the whole team lacks form so he isn't getting great service. Granted the last few games his touch hasn't been great but it is there in spells. During the first half he made one run with the ball and was nearly through on goal. Multiple times towards the start of his career here he would collect the ball in a number 10 position and carry it up the pitch before releasing someone else. He has hit a bit of a slump in form but how many points has he won us this season (Can someone actually get back to me on this as I think he has won us quite a few points)? Before people slate him as a terrible signing and would rather have Ulloa lets give him time, untill the end of the season at least, to see if he is good enough. Hell I remember Ulloa scoring in his first 5 games then being inconsistent, not scoring for a while and having the first touch of a donkey as I remember people saying on here.

Well since winning at Swansea and league 2 equivalent Brugge at home, the only games we've won are with Slim in the team. Including only goal vs Porto, 2 vs Burnley, penalty vs Boro (Foxestalk doesn't really class penalties as being a proper goal, unless it fits a narrative), scored the equaliser vs West Brom before we threw that away, 2 assists vs Man City and assisting the opener for another slated signing, Musa. 

But yeah, awful, we'd be better off without him because for the last two games his form/confidence is now the same as everyone else in the squad - low. 

34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, it's a big problem. Looking at other stats, we've got really awful stats (rated 18th in total) for passing, tackling, interceptions, dribbles, etc. Think it is harsh for anyone to blame strikers unless they're missing multiple sitters every game. 

It's pretty hard to not to lay some blame at everyone's door at the minute. The whole team collectively has issues.

Mind you having said that can't help but feel using the Everton game as major talking point is fair on the squad we did have three players out suspended it was always going to be a big ask. 

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well since winning at Swansea and league 2 equivalent Brugge at home, the only games we've won are with Slim in the team. Including only goal vs Porto, 2 vs Burnley, penalty vs Boro (Foxestalk doesn't really class penalties as being a proper goal, unless it fits a narrative), scored the equaliser vs West Brom before we threw that away, 2 assists vs Man City and assisting the opener for another slated signing, Musa. 

But yeah, awful, we'd be better off without him because for the last two games his form/confidence is now the same as everyone else in the squad - low. 

So what your saying is without him we would be in the relegation zone and only just get through the champions league group stage?

I dont mind people saying he is out of form, he is. But when the WHOLE team is playing bad, its stupid in my eyes to say Slimani out, Amartey out, Zeiler out, Musa out. These players haven't played in this league before (Amartey is the exception but even then he was played out of position at rb because god knows why we can't just sign an actual rb) yet we blame them for the teams poor form rather then the ones who had won the very same league (Albeit a stronger top 6) the previous year.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, it's a big problem. Looking at other stats, we've got really awful stats (rated 18th in total) for passing, tackling, interceptions, dribbles, etc. Think it is harsh for anyone to blame strikers unless they're missing multiple sitters every game. 

Of course it is.

It also shows, as I've said for bloody months, that we have a piss poor midfield at this level. It's got to be sorted out. These stats, to my mind, mean a lot more than someone on here saying 'I think he had a great game' or 'he is shite'. Prove it.

And the odd good pass here or there or strong tackle is not 'having a great game'.

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Bollocks.

I joined this forum after being a "lurker"  for a number of years mainly for a bit of fun, and you're killing the fun. I find your one word post insulting, distasteful and lacking any contributory content to the discussion. You come onto here as a supporter of only 2 Algerian players and (you seem to) think the rest  of the team should play in a manner just to make your 2 hero's look good, and you "jump" onto any posts that point out the negativities that they have earned. Look around the forum and consider other points of view (than your own tunnel vision outlook), Slimani (as has been stated by many long term members of this forum) is a waste of money, and currently (sadly), Mahrez is wasting his talent. One good thing (for me) is, should both move on in the transfer market,  we'll not see you and a couple of other similar single minded posters and you won't be missed (by me).

My apologies to other members of the forum for feeling the need to make as post like this, it's rather out of character for me.

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I joined this forum after being a "lurker"  for a number of years mainly for a bit of fun, and you're killing the fun. I find your one word post insulting, distasteful and lacking any contributory content to the discussion. You come onto here as a supporter of only 2 Algerian players and (you seem to) think the rest  of the team should play in a manner just to make your 2 hero's look good, and you "jump" onto any posts that point out the negativities that they have earned. Look around the forum and consider other points of view (than your own tunnel vision outlook), Slimani (as has been stated by many long term members of this forum) is a waste of money, and currently (sadly), Mahrez is wasting his talent. One good thing (for me) is, should both move on in the transfer market,  we'll not see you and a couple of other similar single minded posters and you won't be missed (by me).

My apologies to other members of the forum for feeling the need to make as post like this, it's rather out of character for me.

Because a one sentence post, randomly stating that the two are not interested anymore and based on no evidence whatsoever, is contributing efficiently to the discussion.

You're funny, I'm not even Algerian. Or African for that matter, since it seems to be such a big deal for you. Or anyone who's not slating the two right now must be one? What kind of reasoning is that? Who's insulting the other now?

I defended Zieler as well as he was getting an insane flak although he wasn't responsible for the defensive shambles. I follow the games, post regularly about the team in general and not only about those two.

I don't build my opinion based on what the others might think but on what I see in the matches. Until the match against Stoke he was recognized by this forum as the only convincing signing despite of his shortcomings. Now after only two bad games he's litterally destroyed on this forum, some being even pissed off because his boot came out. Another one made a thread about how bizarre it was to see Mahrez in trainers. I call this witch hunting.

If you read my comments you'll see that I'm not blind to their situation and underperforming. I just found your post absolutely biased and unfair beside being ridiculous. As if one player would want out after less than 4 months on the pitch and the other voluntarily drop the ball just to get his out ticket. Because such behavior will surely attract scouts. But people right now are only looking for simplistic solutions. They're not wanting to see that the problem is collective and doesn't lie in Slimani, Mahrez or Simpson or Albrighton who got also their own slating threads. 

Edit: Oh and you'll have the displeasure of seeing me around long, long after those two are gone.

48 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Because a one sentence post, randomly stating that the two are not interested anymore and based on no evidence whatsoever, is contributing efficiently to the discussion.

You're funny, I'm not even Algerian. Or African for that matter, since it seems to be such a big deal for you. Or anyone who's not slating the two right now must be one? What kind of reasoning is that? Who's insulting the other now?

I defended Zieler as well as he was getting an insane flak although he wasn't responsible for the defensive shambles. I follow the games, post regularly about the team in general and not only about those two.

I don't build my opinion based on what the others might think but on what I see in the matches. Until the match against Stoke he was recognized by this forum as the only convincing signing despite of his shortcomings. Now after only two bad games he's litterally destroyed on this forum, some being even pissed off because his boot came out. Another one made a thread about how bizarre it was to see Mahrez in trainers. I call this witch hunting.

If you read my comments you'll see that I'm not blind to their situation and underperforming. I just found your post absolutely biased and unfair beside being ridiculous. As if one player would want out after less than 4 months on the pitch and the other voluntarily drop the ball just to become his out ticket. Because such behavior will surely attract scouts. But people right now are only looking for simplistic solutions. They're not wanting to see that the problem is collective and doesn't lie in Slimani, Mahrez or Simpson or Albrighton who got also their own slating threads. 

Edit: Oh and you'll have the displeasure of seeing me around long, long after those two are gone.

Good post chap. There is too much slating of players , on here, with little explanation of why. Too many such and such is 'shite' type stuff, and then not giving reasons as to why he/she might be performing like this.

I think the only player who clearly wants to fook off from the club is Schlupp. We should have sold him to West Brom in the summer. It would have been good for both parties. Schlupp, this season, really does not look bothered.

HOWEVER, this is only an assumption of mine. I don't KNOW this, like some seem to make out.

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

You are funny. It is you who is zooming in on the Algerian players and accusing whoever dares say that "Mahrez plays better than your local boy" of tunnel vision. The person you were talking to declared to you that he is not Algerian. I am not Algerian as far as I can tell. Would you need our IDs ? Our birth certificates? ( there is nothing wrong with being Algerian, FYI ). Your concerns and hints about the nationality of players and posters makes you the one whose intentions are suspicious. We are here just for football. Nothing more, nothing less.

Note 1:  I am fully aware you are trying to get the sympathies of the pillars of this forum community. As for me, I just trust my instincts. I'm a free-thinking person.

Note 2: As for Mahrez, pulease sell him (talking to management) instead of wasting his incredible talents, if he no longer fits.

35 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/29/islam-slimani-wants-complete-journey-sportings-dragon-slayer/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

According to this article he can't speak English and doesn't intend to learn either

Utter crap.

The article says he speaks through a French interpreter but is not taking direct lessons in English preferring to improve his understanding of English through interacting with his team mates at the training ground and dressing room.

You should throw him in the river and see if he sinks and if he doesn't kill him as a witch.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

If you read my comments you'll see that I'm not blind to their situation and underperforming. I just found your post absolutely biased and unfair beside being ridiculous. As if one player would want out after less than 4 months on the pitch and the other voluntarily drop the ball just to get his out ticket. Because such behavior will surely attract scouts. But people right now are only looking for simplistic solutions. They're not wanting to see that the problem is collective and doesn't lie in Slimani, Mahrez or Simpson or Albrighton who got also their own slating threads. 

Speaking for my self. A would like that a lot. And Like they say, not all heroes wear capes lol

Can someone please clarify on the  Algerian on foxestalk thing. I know as an Algerian that there is not alot of us here. I thought mattcan was Algerian and i had my doubts about zeguy. But both of them said that they are not Algerian. I thought desertfox was Algerian but from his posts he seem English (or at least to me). I know another Algerian poster here (I think his name was DZfox or something like that) and another 1 or 2 posters and that's about is. I can't hide my biase towards my countrymen but, that doesn't mean that I am only a fan because of them.

12 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/29/islam-slimani-wants-complete-journey-sportings-dragon-slayer/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

According to this article he can't speak English and doesn't intend to learn either

As @SwanLesta has already said, you have seriously removed the context here. It's basically said that he wants to learn English by integrating himself at the club and with his teammates. So far more natural. It's not that unusual for him to be speaking in French for his first proper interview with the English press, as he will want to be able to get his thoughts across articulately - which as French is his first language, means he's going to need a translator.

The article also says his £28m fee is based on certain clauses being met, so people describing him as a 'waste of money' don't really know what they're talking about.

I'm still not happy with his attitude towards other players in recent games, but can only imagine it's out of frustration.

For what it's worth, I thought against Man City and Stoke the trio of him, Vardy and Mahrez looked like they were starting to click...which would be one hell of a strikeforce once all on form.

8 hours ago, the fox said:

Can someone please clarify on the  Algerian on foxestalk thing. I know as an Algerian that there is not alot of us here. I thought mattcan was Algerian and i had my doubts about zeguy. But both of them said that they are not Algerian. I thought desertfox was Algerian but from his posts he seem English (or at least to me). I know another Algerian poster here (I think his name was DZfox or something like that) and another 1 or 2 posters and that's about is. I can't hide my biase towards my countrymen but, that doesn't mean that I am only a fan because of them.

Who cares?

I don't think people should get so hung up on the money we spent on Slimani. It wasn't like when we spent £5m on Akinbiyi and couldn't really afford that kind of money at the time. £30m is nothing in football now. Still think he should be given time, it's difficult joining a team that is performing poorly and lacking confidence. Although all of the players collectively have to accept some of the blame for our poor form this season, I still believe most of the blame lies with Claudio. For me, how much we spend on a player is irrelevant as long as it's the right player. If we sign a new centre mid for £50m in Jan and he ends up being a beast similar to Kante then I'm happy. Although I must admit I'm not overly confident on Claudio bringing in the right players we need. (Ps I'm not a Claudio basher and don't want him sacked (yet) but I feel questions will need to be asked if we lose against west ham)

23 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

For what it's worth, I thought against Man City and Stoke the trio of him, Vardy and Mahrez looked like they were starting to click...which would be one hell of a strikeforce once all on form.

Yeah, agree with this. There was a 15/20 minute spell vs Stoke before Vardy got sent off where I thought they looked really dangerous. 

This gives me hope that when they're all back together and firing they can do some serious damage. 

He has looked good to me.  Not great, but good.  He might not be the best striker in the world but the whole "rubbish/waste of money/donkey" thing is a joke and makes people just look a bit silly.  He took over half a season to settle in at Sporting Clube de Portugal and was on the bench a fair bit.  Give him time, have patience.  I think he is potentially a 15+ goal a season striker at this level.

Rumble.

X

33 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think people should get so hung up on the money we spent on Slimani. It wasn't like when we spent £5m on Akinbiyi and couldn't really afford that kind of money at the time. £30m is nothing in football now. Still think he should be given time, it's difficult joining a team that is performing poorly and lacking confidence. Although all of the players collectively have to accept some of the blame for our poor form this season, I still believe most of the blame lies with Claudio. For me, how much we spend on a player is irrelevant as long as it's the right player. If we sign a new centre mid for £50m in Jan and he ends up being a beast similar to Kante then I'm happy. Although I must admit I'm not overly confident on Claudio bringing in the right players we need. (Ps I'm not a Claudio basher and don't want him sacked (yet) but I feel questions will need to be asked if we lose against west ham)

This is for a completely separate debate elsewhere but we absolutely could afford £5.5m. In 2000 it was a serious amount of money for us and was half of the Heskey transfer fee. We also saw this as Emile's long-term replacement. Akinbiyi, essentially, was a critical piece of the Leicester City jigsaw at the time.

We can afford £30m now, with the prize money last season and this season, but in our position it's definitely not "nothing." If we get relegated the the PL money will dry up quicker than anything, so it's still absolutely vital that when we double our transfer record we spend it on someone worthy. We haven't done that yet.

Archived