Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

Play to his strengths he will get goals, was a quality ball, and he took it well.

As the game went on, the play got scrappy, and we didn't play to his strengths, playing hit and hope balls, and he struggled.

Second half with vardy pace,( obviously if he wasn't suspended), and slimani playing off him, I think vardy would have been a great outlet, when we hit panic stations, and I think slimani would have got a couple more today 

On 29/12/2016 at 12:46, Slim Dog said:

He's out of form like the rest of the squad. An inform Slimani was the one that played against Burnley. Weirdly enough quality crosses with pace went in that game. All I'm seeing at the minute is high lofted crosses. You need to pin teams back to use crossing effectively because you can't score headers from your own half. Everton sat back late into the game so Ulloa could get into the box for a cross. You slate Slimani for not getting into the box but he'd be 40 yards offside. His touch was woeful though.

Just because I'm a smug cvnt.

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I was one who criticised him against Everton and still remain to be convinced.

However his work rate and effort yesterday was brilliant and hopefully be proved wrong consistently.

Not sure if I was imagining it as it was only a quick look. But one of the close ups on slim looked like his eyes were bloodshot against Everton. May have been playing a bit under the weather. He certainly didn't seem right

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He looked like a £15m striker yesterday, but is improving, which is good

What does a £15m striker look like? Because our top scorer last year cost £1m and we had a bid of £30m rejected for Deeney in pre season

He needs the service more, he is excellent at heading the ball and with the wingers we have we should be playing to his strengths. Is always looking for the ball and the service so let's give it to him in the right way

£30 million well spent

30 Million well spent? You are having a laugh. Technical ability is bloody awfully awkward to watch, slow on the ball.. fww more points of worry but no way valued at that price. Hes supposed to be an upgrade for Ulloa and hes just not that in my eyes.

This is down to money hungry european clubs that need €€€ and take advantage of rich PL clubs and demand premium and it will only get worse. Hes 10 million at best.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Simoken said:

30 Million well spent? You are having a laugh. Technical ability is bloody awfully awkward to watch, slow on the ball.. fww more points of worry but no way valued at that price. Hes supposed to be an upgrade for Ulloa and hes just not that in my eyes.

This is down to money hungry european clubs that need €€€ and take advantage of rich PL clubs and demand premium and it will only get worse. Hes 10 million at best.

:fishing:

25 minutes ago, Simoken said:

30 Million well spent? You are having a laugh. Hes 10 million at best.

A decade ago maybe, but the modern transfer market is one where Ross Mccormack has gone for 11m and 12m in two championship moves.

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

Well going for the 6th top scorer in Europe's top 5 leagues the day before the transfer window ends was always going to be costly. 

Archived