Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

9 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Better yesterday, mainly due to an improved work rate and actually looking interested. Incredible what that can do aye! Although, if we stick to this system, Vardy would be straight in for him.

Spot on, I find him very frustrating, against Burnley, Porto and West Ham he put a shift in and looked interested, most of the other games he looks like he doesn't give a shit.

18 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Better yesterday, mainly due to an improved work rate and actually looking interested. Incredible what that can do aye! Although, if we stick to this system, Vardy would be straight in for him.

Vardy is hardly someone that has worked hard and looked interested though. Vardy away from home and Slim at home in this system for me.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

How did he miss that chance last night?!?!? Would still have him in ahead of Vardy & Musa providing Mahrez & co are behind him. 

Bit of skill thinking Mahrez was running in behind maybe? :ph34r:

Definitely first choice. Albrighton, Mahrez and Gray behind him will create loads of chances. They just need to aim it at his head. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Bit of skill thinking Mahrez was running in behind maybe? :ph34r:

Definitely first choice. Albrighton, Mahrez and Gray behind him will create loads of chances. They just need to aim it at his head. 

Does anyone think this isn't the best front 4? Just know Musa & Vardy will somehow end up in there. 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Does anyone think this isn't the best front 4? Just know Musa & Vardy will somehow end up in there. 

No doubt, Ranieri seems to fit Vardy in no matter what form/team. Our last league win came with that front 4 so I would want to try it again. 

Bad miss yesterday but I will give him a pass (just like gray's, just hope he doesn't miss this to :ph34r:) because he is just back from an injury. 

For me, little things matter, and him holding a high line allowed our wingers to run at the defense. And him being a threat on crosses will put more opposition team players in the box and that will create more 1v1 situations for gray and mahrez to do bits.

For me, a 3-4-2-1 with Ben and Albrighton as wing backs will work better in theory. But, last night's formation did the work so I will stick with it.

I agree with those saying we should start Slimani and have Mahrez and Gray either side of him or perhaps Mahrez behind him and Gray on the left, with Albrighton on the right. 

I fully expect Claudio to try 4-4-2 with Slimani and Vardy starting at the weekend though. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I agree with those saying we should start Slimani and have Mahrez and Gray either side of him or perhaps Mahrez behind him and Gray on the left, with Albrighton on the right. 

I fully expect Claudio to try 4-4-2 with Slimani and Vardy starting at the weekend though. 

I guess at least if he does this Vardy will have a big man to play off and Slim to pick up a few long balls to flick on or at least draw defenders from Vardy 

Highly expect Swansea to pass it around, so vardy and Slim up top should at least close them down, meaning the whole team can push up

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I guess at least if he does this Vardy will have a big man to play off and Slim to pick up a few long balls to flick on or at least draw defenders from Vardy 

Highly expect Swansea to pass it around, so vardy and Slim up top should at least close them down, meaning the whole team can push up

I really hope it works. It kinda did on a couple of occassions when tried but also not so much on the other times, but that could be purely due to the number of other problems the whole team is having.

In an ideal world, we should have our two best strikers on the pitch and them able to form a decent partnership. I do think that this could and should be the last time we see them paired together though if it doesn't work again. 

I think Slimani so far, has offered more value to the team, so if they can't play together, then Vardy should be dropped and we go with a number 10 in Mahrez or Gray. 

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Unfortunately this means our hoofers in defence will see Slimani and Vardy, and we'll be straight back to giving away possession every 5 seconds. 

I'd love to give it a try with Benny, Amartey and Chilwell in. 

Just now, lgfualol said:

Unfortunately this means our hoofers in defence will see Slimani and Vardy, and we'll be straight back to giving away possession every 5 seconds. 

Will it? Think Morgan tries to play out a little from the back, with a more comfortable ball player at the back with him feel like we'd resort to that less, Benny and Amartey both look decent on the ball. Chillwell over Fuchs agreed, he seems happy to run with the ball and not just hoof it out and has a link with Gray we should at least use 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Totally agree. We will have the same back 4 and the long ball approach to a front 2, with no no.10 to create things and Drinkwater and N'didi overworked in midfield and sitting too deep. 

Hoping Claudio surprises us though, but I also think the fact these players did a full 120 minutes yesterday, will also mean they won't be considered.

My only hope is, that Mahrez has a really big game on the right and is able to be a much needed creative outlet, although that could still be nulified by marking him out of the game. 

The 4-4-2 with the usual bunch, will only work if they work their socks off, pressing and running and being direct but accurate and efficient in attack. We haven't seem the same work rate this season and if we don't see it Sunday, then I expect another loss if we go with the formation and team I think Claudio will go for. 

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Slim being the big man?

There's only 4 inches different, masses if its on your knob but not in height.

I honestly don't see much different in style. Vardy doesn't play like Vardy anymore, bit like a jobshare when they play together.

No saying they can't play together and i hope they can but one/ both has to change.

He's no Aguero. His job is to be a battering ram. Bully defenders and make opportunities for himself and his team mates.

Gray fizzed in a cross when I personally thought he was going to shoot. Slimani is a big lad, it's still a big miss but he's not a poor player because he's missed it.

He's comfortably our best striker. The team is far more potent with him in the side.

Hey guys, I see all the raving about Slimani and assuming he played great yesterday (I missed the match). I'm excited to see if this win could be the turnaround for the season. Maybe it was the confidence boost the team needed.

23 minutes ago, USFox said:

Hey guys, I see all the raving about Slimani and assuming he played great yesterday (I missed the match). I'm excited to see if this win could be the turnaround for the season. Maybe it was the confidence boost the team needed.

Well, not exactly... How should i formulate it? He kinda misjudged a low cross from gray thus missing an open target at less than 1 yard distance.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Will it? Think Morgan tries to play out a little from the back, with a more comfortable ball player at the back with him feel like we'd resort to that less, Benny and Amartey both look decent on the ball. Chillwell over Fuchs agreed, he seems happy to run with the ball and not just hoof it out and has a link with Gray we should at least use 

Err, no. He and Simpson are the worst hoofers we got in the back line. 

I'm hoping there's an awful lot more to come from Slimani and we'll see a lot of improvement as he gets more game time. Right now he's not having much of an impact as a target man as he's not winning his headers from Schmeicals kicks, and not holding the ball up to any significant degree. 

33 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Well, not exactly... How should i formulate it? He kinda misjudged a low cross from gray thus missing an open target at less than 1 yard distance.

I think the defender touched the ball before it reached him. Either way it was a bad miss, but everyone has them. Vardy had one worse against Burnley.

I think he's not good enough with his feet to play for Leicester yet. It's pretty much a waste of a team place to play him and Vardy together (although it will get Vardy chasing balls, unfortunately the same ones that Slimani is chasing.

In spite of Ulloa's recent outbursts, I would prefer him up front as a starter rather than Slim or Vardy..

40 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Ahh man. Do you think it was a case of mistiming or do you think it's more of a problem with his clinical finishing?

Archived