Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

Slimani and Musa, both came here after scoring loads for their previous clubs and with huge price tags and have just not delivered YET on what we expected of them both but they still have chances to prove themselves here and in this league and we all hope that they will deliver the goods at some point!

Slimani is a very good striker. He hasn't really been given a prolonged run in our team, as we don't really play a system in which he slots straight into. Vardy would have to change his role in the team to accommodate Slimani's inclusion. Or, simply swap out Vardy for Slim via substitution or rotate them. Forget price tags.

We have two very good international strikers, fitting for a team still in the champions league.

Just enjoy it. In two or-so seasons time this probably won't be the case.

It's just a shame that it appears we can't really play them together effectively. I'd rather we concentrated on getting in a proper no10 to play with Slim/Vardy, to slot into the Okazaki position.

18 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He is a mistake, a result of a poorly planned summer recruitment program, were we failed to buy one player who strengthen the 11! 

He's a spearhead striker, we already had Vardy, how many clubs play with two strikers now days? We didn't need him, or Musa! 

However unless the club are willing to lose a massive amount of money, we are struck with him! 

When you consider Liverpool got Mane, Man City got Jesus for a similar price! 

:whistle:

Let be honest, we have had a scandalous season in the transfer market! 

I think he will be off to China and LCFC will make a profit. Or they can bundle him with Mahrez in a BOGOF offer. The club will at least learn their lesson and never purchase a player for more than 400.000 pounds unless they are absolutely convinced that he is the next Mane or Jesus who have already achieved so much.

Put in the graft for sure but that miss was shocking.  Dude needs to score:  That was the sort of chance that you miss if you're nervous but you put away without even thinking when you're on it, we just need to get Slim back on it. ;)

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I expect this thread to go a bit nasty despite the win. 

Should have done better but keeper did well to close down so quick. Schmeichel makes those saves a lot. 

That's FT for ya.

Even after a heroic win and battling performance, some would rather just focus on the negatives when there's so much to be positive about. But each to their own I guess....

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Put in the graft for sure but that miss was shocking.  Dude needs to score:  That was the sort of chance that you miss if you're nervous but you put away without even thinking when you're on it, we just need to get Slim back on it. ;)

Yeah I agree, he desperately needs a goal. After that horrible sitter against Derby and the one on one against Swansea he seems to have lost confidence in front of goal.

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I expect this thread to go a bit nasty despite the win. 

Should have done better but keeper did well to close down so quick. Schmeichel makes those saves a lot. 

Absolutely. The hysteria around him is reaching ridiculous levels. Most of the people here can't wait for one of his mistakes to happily pull the trigger. Completely obssessed by a price tag he didn't set. I wish him to go.

Just a confidence thing I think he will come good. Yeah, he should have scored and would have had he been full of confidence, can't write him off just yet. He does press and puts in a shift the rest will come.

Vardy has missed some chances he should have scored in the past couple of games. So even the best miss chances at times. Ayew missed a sitter too. It happens. 

If either of our 2 starters get a knock then we will be glad we have Slimani in the squad. Give him time. My patience is running out with Musa though.... Should be settled in by now and if anything seems to be getting worse

It's obvious why we bought him: Champions League goals, off the boot of Algerian team mate Mahrez, which he provided.

Teams were always going to sit back and let us play it into the box this year, especially if we had Vardy and Okazaki up front. So we needed a big man who could lean on them and hurt them for it. He's proven good at that. 

Obviously I expect a £30m player to be able to do more than just head it. But he's an improvement on Ulloa, who can't trap a bag of cement. 

Speaking of, is it time for a thread about Premier League players with a touch like a baby elephant? Leonardo may have scored some important goals (with his head mostly), but I'll be damned if I can understand how a player can get near to that level with such terrible ball control. Slimani's better than that.

Archived