Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Get rid and get someone who's fit to play every week. 

This. I know you can't help injuries but the amount of times he's been out or had a niggle this season, £30 million for a player who's never available when we need him isn't good enough. Would be happy to get £20million back to invest elsewhere

I still believe he can be a top Premier League striker, capable of 15-20 goals a season in the right team. We have 6 games left. I hope Shakey starts him and Vardy together in at least 3-4 of those, so we can have a better idea on the prospect of a partnership next season. Those saying we have to have Okazaki in the side for us to be successful, only need look at how well we competed in both Atletico games without him, so I don't see playing Slimani instead, as a big risk and we need to give him starts so we can make a judgement call on him, as offers could be coming in again in the summer. 

Vardy in the last couple of months has proved again how he is our star striker and if they can't forge a decent partnership and Slimani isn't happy being our expensive plan B from the bench, then I will accept that selling him in the summer might be best for all concerned. 

Ulloa will surely leave too, so we will need at least two strikers to replace them. I would like us to go for Sigurdsson behind Vardy and then have a like for like change for Vardy on the bench and perhaps a young tall striker who is a threat from the air, similar to Slimani and Ulloa, who could give us a plan B type attack. Easier said than done I know but with Vardy leading the line, and a player like Sigurdsson behind, we could be quite a force, especially if we have a genuine aerial threat from the bench to benefit from Fuchs, Albrighton and Mahrez's crosses. 

Vardy, Sigurdsson, Okazaki, Andre Gray, Tammy Abraham (loan) 

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

The problem was that our crosses weren't great, if they were, Ulloa probably would've scored. Chillwell in particular needs to start practising.

Overall Slim's not mobile enough for us and hopefully the Chinese come in with a decent offer. Rudders needs to get on the phone to Sven.

Slim isn't mobile? Now that is a new one, he isn't mobile like Oka, but he moves more than Ulloa and works hard. Like every day someone comes with a different criticism to him, I pity him for real.

5 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Slim isn't mobile? Now that is a new one, he isn't mobile like Oka, but he moves more than Ulloa and works hard. Like every day someone comes with a different criticism to him, I pity him for real.

Ay? More mobile than the ulloa who is back at the half way line putting tackles in, contesting the majority of balls up to him (a major flaw in slimanis game for a guy who's so big is that he rarely leaves the floor to challenge)? Sorry but Ulloas work rate can't be questioned, he lacks a bit of quality but he would be ahead of Slimani everyday of the week for me.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Biggest game in the clubs history.

Morgan did everything to be fit for tonight and probably ended his season.

Slim played a couple of games a few weeks ago and cried off again.

Tells you all you need to know about his character.

Warrior my arse. Rudders, get on the phone to China. 

You really think he'd skip out on the CL quarter final because he couldn't be arsed? This is a player that showed none of that attitude at Sporting and was never injured.

Your hatred for him is quite weird. Perhaps the management didn't want to play him or is it your connections telling you all this again?

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Biggest game in the clubs history.

Morgan did everything to be fit for tonight and probably ended his season.

Slim played a couple of games a few weeks ago and cried off again.

Tells you all you need to know about his character.

Warrior my arse. Rudders, get on the phone to China. 

This thread is an absolute goldmine. Of all the unintelligent, ridiculous and biased comments posted here, this one is another gem. Keep them coming.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

You really think he'd skip out on the CL quarter final because he couldn't be arsed? This is a player that showed none of that attitude at Sporting and was never injured.

Your hatred for him is quite weird. Perhaps the management didn't want to play him or is it your connections telling you all this again?

People keep mentioning Sporting. I wish he was back there because he's never really been here.  

33 minutes ago, Thracian said:

People keep mentioning Sporting. I wish he was back there because he's never really been here.  

Send them all back to where they came from eh - it's amazing that you can get the same rhetoric into every thread.

10 hours ago, sm1 said:

The problem was that our crosses weren't great, if they were, Ulloa probably would've scored. Chillwell in particular needs to start practising.

Overall Slim's not mobile enough for us and hopefully the Chinese come in with a decent offer. Rudders needs to get on the phone to Sven.

Have you ever actually seen him play?

Find me a player who'd come here who's as good in the air as Slimani and as quick?

He's no Vardy but he's really no slouch.

Whatever your views on Slim, he's had a massively disappointing season in a blue shirt.

The club's record signing, coming from a strong Sporting side, with lotsa goals to his name....i think if you weren't expecting more from him this season, you'd be telling porkies.

The question now is do we sell him and cut our losses or keep him and hope he gets fit and somehow 'fits' into how we play.

I hope I'm wrong but I just get the feeling that City and Slimani may well never 'work' so to speak. It'll be interesting to see what we do. Without a doubt, if there was a massive bid from China in Jan, we should have sold.

3 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Ay? More mobile than the ulloa who is back at the half way line putting tackles in, contesting the majority of balls up to him (a major flaw in slimanis game for a guy who's so big is that he rarely leaves the floor to challenge)? Sorry but Ulloas work rate can't be questioned, he lacks a bit of quality but he would be ahead of Slimani everyday of the week for me.

He is more mobile Ulloa, and quicker. Also he has more quality than Ulloa, about the aerial duels, he wins them in the box, although he should win more in the midfield and Ulloa is better at that.

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Find me a player who'd come here who's as good in the air as Slimani and as quick?

Lol. He is a good header of the ball, if his feet are well planted, other than that he doesn't get off the ground.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've seem him more times then you it seems. Vardy and even Okazaki win more in the air then him. For his height and build he's ordinary in the air, in fact Ulloa's probably better. 

In terms of pace he may be fast enough for a possession team, but certainly not for our style of play. With Slim the options are easy, either we change our style for him or he plays a bit part off the bench. No doubt he'll score goals if we put the ball in the box and he's only got the goalie to beat form a couple of yards. He's an Algerian Benteke, who'll do well in a Pullis/Allardyce team.

13 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Lol. He is a good header of the ball, if his feet are well planted, other than that he doesn't get off the ground.

He is good in the air, in the box he is a beast scoring headers. I prefer a player that wins aerial duels in the box than in the midfield, because he is a striker you know? So he wins them in the box and more importantly he scores them. How can you say he isn't good in the air if most of his goals come from headers? Seriously I don't understand some people.

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

He is good in the air, in the box he is a beast scoring headers. I prefer a player that wins aerial duels in the box than in the midfield, because he is a striker you know? So he wins them in the box and more importantly he scores them. How can you say he isn't good in the air if most of his goals come from headers? Seriously I don't understand some people.

He isn't and doesn't.

He scores headers, sure, but he doesn't jump for them, so I am not sure how he is good in the air or that he wins aerial duels. He tends to get in front of players, and heads them from what I recall.

Archived