Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

The Last Of Us Part II

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

Kinda, I had no enjoyment in the ending, in fact I felt the whole thing was confused and made no sense, and the chance to conclude it satisfactorily was spectacularly missed.

Unfortunately I agree:

If they'd just left it after the fight in the theatre and Ellie had cottoned on to the idea that revenge is poisonous, then that would have been a good way to end it. The whole Cali arc just seemed unnecessarily bolted on and added nothing beyond angst for its own sake.

Still think it's a good game, just not the spectacular that the first one was.

44 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Unfortunately I agree:

Reveal hidden contents

If they'd just left it after the fight in the theatre and Ellie had cottoned on to the idea that revenge is poisonous, then that would have been a good way to end it. The whole Cali arc just seemed unnecessarily bolted on and added nothing beyond angst for its own sake.

Still think it's a good game, just not the spectacular that the first one was.

It's just frustrating that it could have been so much better with a coherent narrative and believable story arc with a satisfactory conclusion.

I also think the really missed a trick by not making Abby's sections different in feel and vibe. At first I thought it was going to be a militia groups with lots of guns and ammo and resources fighting seraphites and or infected, a departure from one person stealth, craft, kill, scavenge repeat of Ellie. Make a real distinction between the 2 and their respective world's in the apocalypse. 

I could bang on for hours about why this game disappointed me, and already have done IRL.

I just found it hard work in the middle of a pandemic where the storyline basically was that, in the face of a common mortal enemy to the survival of mankind, all of humanity breaks down into warring factions.

It was too close to home.

I kind of felt betrayed too in having to keep a character I used to like alive, long after I started hating her.

On 05/02/2021 at 16:29, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just finished this. I wonder, did anyone else try to deliberately lose the final battle like I did?

i did for the first right with abbey and ellie. cuz i slightly liked ellie more. thats the bad thing about the game tbh, hardly any likeable characters. it felt like a 40 hour pointless revenge mission. such a depressing game.

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I just found it hard work in the middle of a pandemic where the storyline basically was that, in the face of a common mortal enemy to the survival of mankind, all of humanity breaks down into warring factions.

I kind of felt betrayed too in having to keep a character I used to like alive, long after I started hating her.

Yep.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightDeadlyWords

An example of this trope.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Nope, it wasn't that. I cared what happened to Abby. It was frustrated that I had to play through those extra bits as the character I didn't care for any more. 

I can't remember any standout battles either. One I always remember from the original is when you get caught in the rope trap and you're swinging upside down. Genius! It also had moments of light relief, such as the giraffe. TLOU2's downtime moments were still bleak and overly long.

One thing I DID like was that all the human enemies had their own names and if their comrade's found them dead, they'd say there name and sound upset. Made me think about what I was doing, but also made it less enjoyable; though I think maybe this was intentional? 

I think that in the end the statement overpowered the game.

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Nope, it wasn't that. I cared what happened to Abby. It was frustrated that I had to play through those extra bits as the character I didn't care for any more. 

I can't remember any standout battles either. One I always remember from the original is when you get caught in the rope trap and you're swinging upside down. Genius! It also had moments of light relief, such as the giraffe. TLOU2's downtime moments were still bleak and overly long.

One thing I DID like was that all the human enemies had their own names and if their comrade's found them dead, they'd say there name and sound upset. Made me think about what I was doing, but also made it less enjoyable; though I think maybe this was intentional? 

I think that in the end the statement overpowered the game.

Honestly, it was for me come the end. I didn't care much about either "main" character by the time it was all over given what they did, which was a shame. The last story arc was largely responsible for that, I have to say.

Stopping it at the theater and leaving it there with the message that "revenge costs everyone everything" would have been better.

On 06/02/2021 at 19:04, Trav Le Bleu said:

I did find it quite funny when i found a letter in the game talking about the guy who led one of the factions (cant remember which one) into the pandemic, but ended up failing spectacularly, and his name was Boris lol

Edited by TiffToff88

• 1 year later...

The TV Series finally starts on Monday in the UK, and I can honestly say I've never looked forward to a TV show as much as this (which probably means I'm building my hopes up way too high and setting myself up for disappointment).

But I've only heard positive things in the early reviews and all the trailers I've seen for it so far suggest it should be able to live up to the hype. Casting looks great too!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

The TV Series finally starts on Monday in the UK, and I can honestly say I've never looked forward to a TV show as much as this (which probably means I'm building my hopes up way too high and setting myself up for disappointment).

But I've only heard positive things in the early reviews and all the trailers I've seen for it so far suggest it should be able to live up to the hype. Casting looks great too!

Where can I watch this? It’s been getting very good reviews online.

On Virgin so will be signing up to Now TV to watch - looking forward to it. Little bit unsold on Ellie's casting but not gonna whine about it like all the weirdo incels, will give it a fair shot. Excited to have a proper look at the infected. Also sounds like they're filling in some of the story on how the cordiceps pandemic started. 

Finished Part I today on PS5 having already played through the original and remaster a few times each. To be honest I assumed the stuff about the improved visuals, character faces etc. enhancing the way the story comes across would just be marketing fluff but I found that it genuinely did, even though leaving the gameplay untouched still strikes me as a missed opportunity. In two minds whether to follow it up with another go at Part II as playing that alongside the series might be slightly odd. Speaking of which, very much looking forward to it and heartening to see it's been well received by fans and newcomers alike.