Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

The Last Of Us Part II

38 minutes ago, ithuriel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Peeps aren't happy about a main character from the first game being killed off straight away amongst other things, would be like killing off Ripley at the start of Aliens

Also the way ND and Sony have handled the whole affair leaves a really bad taste in the mouth,

As for my mood, I'm a bit fed up because I find it difficult to sleep sometimes because my chest is still giving me grief at times so sorry if I flew off the handle.

Nah you're cool, see that makes more sense but imo

that's a cool plot point, being hit with a major tragedy like the death of a popular figure early on is a good way to set up an emotional storyline.  I'm pretty sure most people expected Joel to die in this game anyway tbh. It's a major bummer that you'll never get to experience that moment spontaneously now though. I have a lot of respect for writers who aren't afraid to mess with popular characters, it's a big reason why GoT became so popular

I would be very careful with youtube videos on it right now though tbh, I've watched a couple to try to better understand what the issue is and there's a theme of arguing along the lines of "I'm fine with Abby maybe being trans, it's irrelevant to me, my problem is the way they're treating Ellie & Joel and making us play as someone new instead of letting us get revenge as Ellie", but then they complain about the "woke agenda" ruining their game.  Does not compute. With Quartering wading in with his get woke go broke hilarity I'm convinced there are bad actors trying to ignite gamergate 2. I mean none of the stuff I've looked at once mentioned Sarkeesian being involved like Shep says, looking into that it appears to be pure rumour mill stuff generated on twitter which further supports my bad actor theory, hers is one of the first names into the pot if you're trying to stir up irrational responses from the gaming public.  Be extremely dubious about any negative press, there are obvious vested interests at play here and they're using the same indoctrination methods as last time.

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Reveal hidden contents

that's a cool plot point, being hit with a major tragedy like the death of a popular figure early on is a good way to set up an emotional storyline.  I'm pretty sure most people expected Joel to die in this game anyway tbh. It's a major bummer that you'll never get to experience that moment spontaneously now though. I have a lot of respect for writers who aren't afraid to mess with popular characters, it's a big reason why GoT became so popular

I would be very careful with youtube videos on it right now though tbh, I've watched a couple to try to better understand what the issue is and there's a theme of arguing along the lines of "I'm fine with Abby maybe being trans, it's irrelevant to me, my problem is the way they're treating Ellie & Joel and making us play as someone new instead of letting us get revenge as Ellie", but then they complain about the "woke agenda" ruining their game.  Does not compute. With Quartering wading in with his get woke go broke hilarity I'm convinced there are bad actors trying to ignite gamergate 2. I mean none of the stuff I've looked at once mentioned Sarkeesian being involved like Shep says, looking into that it appears to be pure rumour mill stuff generated on twitter which further supports my bad actor theory, hers is one of the first names into the pot if you're trying to stir up irrational responses from the gaming public.  Be extremely dubious about any negative press, there are obvious vested interests at play here and they're using the same indoctrination methods as last time.

Don't try and logic it dude, you're arguing with "a GaMeR" :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't try and logic it dude, you're arguing with "a GaMeR" :rolleyes:

Nah we're all gamers, gotta look out for each other now we know how the alt-right like to infiltrate the community to manipulate all the suggestible misfits that gravitate towards it.

• Like 1

Could turn out to be one of the greatest games ever, could be what Empire is to Star Wars! Like I’ve said I have my concerns but I’ll happily be proven wrong and please don’t think I’m on an anti gay agenda because I love a good story based game regardless of who I’m playing as (my avatar is fem shep ffs!) 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I can't wait to play this, I might even break my own rule and pre order it. Possibly twice.

Just to let Sony and Naughty Dog know I fully support their stance of rustling the jimmies of little incels on social media and that they should make way more games with lesbian feminist heroes just for the lulz. 

Well, pre order it instead of flapping your mouth as per usual and go for the special edition if you want to support these companies, I'm prepared to wait and see since I do not like to waste my hard earned money :)

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Well, pre order it instead of flapping your mouth as per usual and go for the special edition if you want to support these companies, I'm prepared to wait and see since I do not like to waste my hard earned money :)

Oh man there's a special edition? Please tell me it comes in a pride flag tin with with an Ellie action figure with unshaved armpits waving a burning bra. 

I'll order five. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Sarky woman was mentioned ages ago but the soap opera going on online is how Sony etc., have handled the leaks and flouted copyright laws, which I do not like, they made a real mess out of it.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Oh man there's a special edition? Please tell me it comes in a pride flag tin with with an Ellie action figure with unshaved armpits waving a burning bra. 

I'll order five. 

Then do it instead of flapping your mouth, if all you want to do is buy something to virtue signal, why stand between a fool and his money :)

18 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Could turn out to be one of the greatest games ever, could be what Empire is to Star Wars! Like I’ve said I have my concerns but I’ll happily be proven wrong and please don’t think I’m on an anti gay agenda because I love a good story based game regardless of who I’m playing as (my avatar is fem shep ffs!) 

That's not what I'm saying at all, just warning anyone who happens to be reading the conversation that there are some bad faith types trying to blow things up and obfuscate the issues.  I only started looking into it because of the Quartering video as he's somebody whose content I've been following for years, I know what he's all about so him releasing a video taking a moral stance on this game was a big red flag for me.  Honestly if you ignore all the static and take the leaks and footage in a vacuum it just looks and sounds like a gorgeous game with a dark, introspective story which takes a couple of controversial decisions about how key characters' fates unfold. 

Most people understand the fallacy that if a non-cis gender or sexuality person appearing in fictional media is indoctrination then popular fiction's been indoctrinating all non-cis people for decades, centuries even.  But these guys have a knack for blurring the lines, making funny in-jokes out of it, then drip feeding more and more edgy dog whistles until you end up with sad scenes like this and now they're clearly gearing it up again so I'm just spelling it out in case anybody isn't wise to it, I'm not accusing anyone on here of anything.

Just now, ithuriel said:

The Sarky woman was mentioned ages ago but the soap opera going on online is how Sony etc., have handled the leaks and flouted copyright laws, which I do not like, they made a real mess out of it.

Do you mind linking some of that stuff?

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's not what I'm saying at all, just warning anyone who happens to be reading the conversation that there are some bad faith types trying to blow things up and obfuscate the issues.  I only started looking into it because of the Quartering video as he's somebody whose content I've been following for years, I know what he's all about so him releasing a video taking a moral stance on this game was a big red flag for me.  Honestly if you ignore all the static and take the leaks and footage in a vacuum it just looks and sounds like a gorgeous game with a dark, introspective story which takes a couple of controversial decisions about how key characters' fates unfold. 

Most people understand the fallacy that if a non-cis gender or sexuality person appearing in fictional media is indoctrination then popular fiction's been indoctrinating all non-cis people for decades, centuries even.  But these guys have a knack for blurring the lines, making funny in-jokes out of it, then drip feeding more and more edgy dog whistles until you end up with sad scenes like this and now they're clearly gearing it up again so I'm just spelling it out in case anybody isn't wise to it, I'm not accusing anyone on here of anything.

No offense but look things up yourself, you cant be spoiled and I'm not going to go through tons of videos etc.,

Just one video by some non white guy in the States, the funniest ones from a few weeks ago were where they flagged two channels belonging to lawyers but as stated I'm not trawling through hundreds of videos.

All they had to do was ignore the leaks and this might have blown over but they turned it into a soap opera in which so many on YouTube is getting involved in, I still cant get my head around them doing this.

Edited by ithuriel

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I even liked your last post, I was mearly stating my own opinion where I stand but I just didn’t want anyone to think I was falling in line with this alt right position. 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

No offense but look things up yourself, you cant be spoiled and I'm not going to go through tons of videos etc.,

Just one video by some non white guy in the States, the funniest ones from a few weeks ago were where they flagged two channels belonging to lawyers but as stated I'm not trawling through hundreds of videos.

All they had to do was ignore the leaks and this might have blown over but they turned it into a soap opera in which so many on YouTube is getting involved in, I still cant get my head around them doing this.

I recommend you take up his offer of watching the video he's complaining about the claims on.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hgU1OVHphq9n/

He introduces the potentially trans character with an incredibly open minded "whatever the **** this is" then goes on a rant about female characters no longer being designed for men to masturbate to.  If his channel's drawn you in then you're exactly the kind of person I'm trying to warn here, his critiques are poorly disguised transphobia and misogyny.  It doesn't justify Sony abusing DMCA take downs but equally Sony abusing DMCA take downs doesn't justify his bad faith arguments.

TBH if Sony are keeping the usual suspects busy with generating this kind of outrage it's actually something of a public service because it keeps the aforementioned suspects  - or some of them at least - away from their usual pastimes of harassing and (sometimes) murdering women who anger them.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"Seems quite polarising", 95 meta critic score. 

"Quite polarising" meaning a lot of incels crying about "SJW" all over social media and a few gamer "review" sites pandering to them? 

Eh? What I referred to with polarising in this sense doesn't mean a good or bad game but the overall "gaming experience" and how this won't be for everyone. Unanimously well recieved as an exceptional story telling experience, but every review seems to touch upon it being borderline unpleasant in places and gameplay being pretty dry. Looking forward to playing it without concerning myself over the thoughts of the twittersphere. 

41 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I won't pay over the odds for it - £50 is too much.

The only way I'll get it early doors is if it comes packaged with PS5, otherwise I'll wait.  Besides, PS5 may come packaged with H:FW, who knows.  They're being very cagey on release dates for these new titles.  

Yea I think H:FW and Spiderman will at least be launch titles. Here's hoping.

• Like 1