Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

The Last Of Us Part II

2 hours ago, hairmetalgamer said:

I'm going to be controversial, I thought the first was average and massively overrated. The story telling was well done but the gameplay was meh. Because it was naughty dog I feel we have an emperors new clothes type thing going on. The Uncharted games are leaps ahead for me

S4DN95o.gif

:D

• Like 3

14 hours ago, hairmetalgamer said:

I'm going to be controversial, I thought the first was average and massively overrated. The story telling was well done but the gameplay was meh. Because it was naughty dog I feel we have an emperors new clothes type thing going on. The Uncharted games are leaps ahead for me

Basically, anyone that mentions the word gameplay when complaining about Last of Us is a plonker.

If you dont like the story or the setting or the characters, fair enough. Nobody is saying you have to like it. But the amount of people that moan about the "gameplay" in what is essentially an interactive movie is just silly.

Could you miss the point any more?

I liked the game, but I think I ruined it for myself by playing on the hardest difficulty thinking I'd enjoy it more. Instead of enjoying it, I spent most of the time with 2 bullets and a part of a knife, dying over and over. 

I will replay I think. Stille excited for part 2.

Edited by lgfualol

I loved TLOU when it was first released. Great story and some of the stealth sections were truly terrifying. 

I'm going to half agree with hairmetalgamer. When playing Uncharted 4 i remembered it played in a similar style to TLOU but felt much better. (I assume it used the same engine). So after completing Uncharted 4 i played TLOU again a few months ago. Still a brilliant game but you could tell Naughty Dog have improved on the engine in Uncharted 4.

Therefore i am REALLY looking forward to TLOU Part 2. It should be an improvement on the first game providing the story is as gripping as TLOU. What i love about the first game was you wanted to know what happened next and the relationship between Joel and Ellie felt real. You felt Joel's resentment in Ellie begin to disappear. A very hard thing to achieve in a game. 

Cant say the gameplay is Meh. It's incredible. No other game has played out like it. It's like a good book. You have to do the next chapter.

On 12/4/2016 at 15:55, The People's Hero said:

Still haven't played 1 but reckon it might end up on plus just before 2 comes out 

Have you seen the shit they put on plus mate, I wouldn't bank on it. Generally speaking the only good titles they put on are nearly always indie games

Edited by Manwell Pablo

16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I did the same on @lgfualol and went straight to Survival mode. It's gets grating when every encounter basically hinges on the amount of bricks and bottles that a laying about.

Exactly lol There was one part of the story I can't remember fully, but there is a flooded warehouse and you couldn't go into the water without being electrocuted. I had 0 bullets or anything useful. I ended up running at the zombies, getting them to chase me and hoping a few of them fall into the water which actually worked.  

• 10 months later...