Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

The Last Of Us Part II

This is the game I'm most pumped for. Just know it's gonna be ages away yet. lol Looks like we might get a few different stories alongside Joel/Ellie. There's a few theories as to who the woman in the trailer is. 

Makes me laugh how some people are complaining how violent the trailer is. Did you not play the first game? lol

52 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Questions is, is that a grown up Ellie in the trailer? :ph34r:

No, not unless there's a flash forward. 

Ellie is seen (looking slightly less like Ellen Page) in the first trailer in which she tells Joel she's going to kill a bunch of people. 

Apparently the characters in the new trailer are "important to Joel and Ellie's story." 

It's deliberately vague. It's been speculated it's Ellie's mother but I don't know if there's an explanation to back up that theory other than vague resemblance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No, not unless there's a flash forward. 

Ellie is seen (looking slightly less like Ellen Page) in the first trailer in which she tells Joel she's going to kill a bunch of people. 

Apparently the characters in the new trailer are "important to Joel and Ellie's story." 

It's deliberately vague. It's been speculated it's Ellie's mother but I don't know if there's an explanation to back up that theory other than vague resemblance. 

It's been confirmed not to be Ellie, anyway she doesn't have the tattoos as in the first trailer.

I think it's likely Anna, Ellie's mum. They've implied parts of the story could take place in other time periods and the woman in the trailer is said to be pregnant, hence the (attempted) cutting of the stomach. They've also blanked out this character's name on pictures on Twitter, but revealed the other new character's names, I don't imagine why they'd do so unless it was Ellie's mum. 4 character name too. :P

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, silebyboy said:

New gameplay trailer from E3...  

I think that looks pretty damn good and I’m pleased to see that it has a very similar look and feel to the first one. 

The facial animations are simply outstanding.  Does make you wonder why other game devs just cannot get close to Naughty Dog in that department.  You could argue that Guerilla have got closest with Horizon Zero Dawn however.  Close, but not quite as good.

In pure gameplay terms I still think it's going to take one hell of a title to knock Horizon off top perch though imo.

On 14/06/2018 at 18:23, iamafox said:

The first game was truly amazing, but I have a great feeling that the sequel will be better. Really looking forward to it.

Expectation is the first step on the road to disappointment. TLOU when it first came out really hit the nail on the head in terms of story, immersion, graphics, gameplay and novelty. A perfect blend, but things have progressed rapidly since then and whilst it looks stunning in the promo videos it could still end up being a disappointment ultra realistic reflections on eyeballs will not compensate for shoddy and frustrating/repetitive gameplay, fiddly controls or a really uninspired storyline.

In other news they have confirmed their will be a multiplayer feature, but so far no further details.

TLOU is the GOAT. I struggle with the idea of TLOU 2 (not being a fan of follow ups that aren't needed) though I'm coming round. 

If it isn't perfect then they've fvcked up and should have left it alone imo. To better the original is virtually impossible.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, toddybad said:

TLOU is the GOAT. I struggle with the idea of TLOU 2 (not being a fan of follow ups that aren't needed) though I'm coming round. 

If it isn't perfect then they've fvcked up and should have left it alone imo. To better the original is virtually impossible.

Nah, I’m with you with films, but games create such compelling worlds and technology and gaming advances so quickly that it would be criminal to not push the boundaries of gaming even further and not do a sequel.

I did wonder if they would have a different set of characters just a game set in that world, but a mature Ellie with a different set of skills makes a very different game.

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Releasing this in February is a sound business plan.  Make use of the PS4 consumer base and then re release with all bells and whistles attached at the end of the year on PS5.

I will possibly wait this one out.  Sonys plan will be to release this on PS5 together with HZD2 at their earliest possible convenience.

I have similar plans but know as soon as its released ill buy it lol 

12 hours ago, iamafox said:

Naughty Dog have excluded multiplayer for Part II. I don't know what anyone here thinks of this but for me, I'm quite relieved there will be no MP trophies.

...what, there's an A-list title that won't be a mindless sell-out for the online multiplayer community first and a single-player title second?

Wonders will never cease.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...