Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

Doing a bit on BBC Sportsday where people are sending in the one player their club would miss most of all, this was one of them...

"Ipswich - without a doubt Tom Lawrence. We will miss him when his loan ends, our saviour so many times this season. "

Clearly being held in very high regard by their fans...

Our success last season has made him a 'failure' here, it could be seen, but another club's (and his own) gain.

Can only see him returning only if two of our strikers get injured for a few weeks or more, so his future here looks increasingly likely.

Also Ipswich hardly spend a lot on fees, so that also could mean for him his future may not be there unless Mick McCarthy persuades the team to try and sign him on another season-loan again.

I think with the futures of Musa, Kapi & Ulloa uncertain he may have a future here if Shakey stays. Didn't really look up to our standard when here, but his record this season certainly means we need to take a closer look at him.

On 12/03/2017 at 17:50, Babylon said:

Or perhaps you just don't know as much as you think you do. Other clubs do have people whose sole responsibility is to monitor AND be in contact with loan players. That's a fact.

It's also a fact the club advertised a role that stated one of their responsibilities would be to support players out on loan. So perhaps you should tell the club that role doesn't exist in football.

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/jobs-in-sport/PDP-Player-Liaison-Officer-(17s-23)-UKSP-15305

I'll say it again. Not for players who are on a season long loan. They will not be in  contact the player unless there is an issue.

Thats generally  the sameacross the board be it Leicester or any other team. 

Oh my.... I'll leave it there. 

1 hour ago, st.ives blue said:

I was at the Cardiff v Ipswich game yesterday,  on yesterday's performance he is no where near the first team at the moment.

I understand how watching him in Cardiff yesterday it could seem like he's a long way off from our first team, but in reality if he keeps heading in the right direction and doesn't let the bright lights distract him, it's only about two and a half hours via the M42.

On 09/03/2017 at 22:08, AjcW said:

It might be naive of me to think/expect this but I'd want us to meet with all the loan players on a monthly basis.

From a marketing perspective I'd be doing monthly blogs with them too and video diaries, all the sort of stuff that people like to see in terms of player development, it also makes the player feel wanted.

strange really as we do a "loan watch" you'd think even getting a quote from the player after the game would be enough for them to feel like you were keeping in touch 

IMG_1293.thumb.PNG.33663b9f964e9e4cbf199afbe040558d.PNG

the answer to "do the club listen to FT" lollol 

looks like we want to keep Barnes happy then.... Lawrence not too fussed it seems. 

Archived