Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doesn't sound happy at not being contacted but not burning bridges which is good.

Lawrence said: “I couldn’t really say where my future lies. I just have to wait and see what they [Leicester] have to say in the summer and go from there. I really don’t know what’s going to happen. I can’t predict my future so I’ll just have to wait and see.

“I haven’t heard from Leicester since I joined Ipswich in August last year. You’d have thought they would have contacted me but they haven’t so we’ll just have to see where that takes me.

“I don’t know if they have someone responsible for the players who are out on loan – I can’t really answer that one.

“I just get on with playing for Ipswich, who have made me feel very welcome. There’s no issue with them. I thought I could give something to Leicester this season but obviously they thought differently. If they want me to stay hopefully I will have something to offer next year.”

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31324/#sthash.l8oIX486.dpuf

6 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Doesn't sound happy at not being contacted but not burning bridges which is good.

Lawrence said: “I couldn’t really say where my future lies. I just have to wait and see what they [Leicester] have to say in the summer and go from there. I really don’t know what’s going to happen. I can’t predict my future so I’ll just have to wait and see.

“I haven’t heard from Leicester since I joined Ipswich in August last year. You’d have thought they would have contacted me but they haven’t so we’ll just have to see where that takes me.

“I don’t know if they have someone responsible for the players who are out on loan – I can’t really answer that one.

“I just get on with playing for Ipswich, who have made me feel very welcome. There’s no issue with them. I thought I could give something to Leicester this season but obviously they thought differently. If they want me to stay hopefully I will have something to offer next year.”

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31324/#sthash.l8oIX486.dpuf

There's been far too many distractions for the club to see how our loanee's are progressing :nono:. Poor show from LCFC that we've not kept in touch with him imo.

12 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

There's been far too many distractions for the club to see how our loanee's are progressing :nono:. Poor show from LCFC that we've not kept in touch with him imo.

Surely it will be someone's job to keep an eye on how people are doing and checking in with them regularly? Pretty shocking if we haven't spoken to him in 8 months or so.  

I put this entirely down to John Rudkin and is a damning indictment of his effectiveness.

The rumour that we hawked Lawrence around during the transfer window then backed off when Newcastle and Burnley wanted him ,after he scored all those worldies ,sounds depressingly true.

Quite honestly its appalling. what kind of business doesn't look after its assets ??  if it was decided he has no future at the club he would have been sold. perhaps one can see why the club has ended up where it is on the pitch this season. i'm guessing that steve walsh would have kept in touch with the loanees and no one has picked the task up on his departure. cant think of any other excuse. very sad state of affairs and very unprofessional

39 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Hope someone has told him that Ranieri's gone!? 

36 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Not sure if anyone was watching how the players in the first team squad were getting on until the last few weeks :ph34r:.

Got to be honest this reflects as badly on the club as sacking Ken Way without having the decency tell him, not to mention it grossly short sighted.

Claudio in particular to the development of players was odd unless in the first team. Those bought are either duds or handled poorly, or both/ bit of each.

The fringe players were allowed to refuse to play in the 'reserves' and comments made when Harvey went to MK Dons although understandable were as sad indictment and reflection on the young lads who bust an ass in U23s.

Unknown if Lawrence is a one off but it wouldn't have happened under NP watch

"If he was here he wouldn't grow up very well because in the under-23s he won't improve.

Ranieri said first team football on loan was simply the next logical step for Barnes and he believes there are more prospects coming through the youth and development ranks

"I'm happy but of course with the system but of course there is a big difference between the first team and the under-23s," he said.

I find it quite incredible we have a talented youngster out on loan and doing well, yet he hasn't had any contact from Leicester since August of last year.

Wouldn't blame him running down his contract with us and looking to move somewhere who treats him better than that. 

It's actually in our interest to stay in contact and show more interest in these types of players we have anyway. 

Just hope someone high up hears of this interview and we rightly see some changes made, as this is not how I expect a professional company to be run. 

It is not unusual for a player who is on a season long loan to be left alone to get in with it ...it's generally what happens.

unless there is an issue with club or player there is no reason for the parent club to contact him in fact it's seen best for no contact so he can focus on his job in hand.

A parent club can still send reps to watch him but it would be unusual to contact him directly while he is with another club. 

Best thing all round when there was never a chance he could come back at any point as it was a season long loan. So there really is no issue here.

But hey any opportunity to jump on Rudkin it seems....

This forum amazes me sometimes 

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It is not unusual for a player who is on a season long loan to be left alone to get in with it ...it's generally what happens.

unless there is an issue with club or player there is no reason for the parent club to contact him in fact it's seen best for no contact so he can focus on his job in hand.

A parent club can still send reps to watch him but it would be unusual to contact him directly while he is with another club. 

Best thing all round when there was never a chance he could come back at any point as it was a season long loan. So there really is no issue here.

If you are correct in your assertion ,Lawrence should have been told ,so he wouldn't now be going public with his surprise at the absence of contact . Whichever way you dress it up , it's a management failing .

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'd have thought it was good practice to look after an asset, asking if they are happy to be where they are, making sure they are fit and healthy and not getting played through injuries etc.

Not only that, but also to show you are interested in his development as player and that he has a future here.

That doesn't have to be constant contact, but a call every few months, or someone going to see him personally take no effort.

All this shows is that we don't care about him or his career here.

Ok people think Rudkin is made out to be some kind of scapegoat and perhaps he is but he has to be at fault for atleast some of the finger point, surely, I mean what does he actually do? Either way whether he is at fault or not, what does he actually do?

It might not be his job per se, but surely it is atleast his job to employ someone or instruct staff to keep an eye on loanees, deal with them and communicate.

The fact Lawrence has been in such good form, scoring plenty of goals, good goals, rave reviews, it astounds me the club havn't been in contact or an eye on him but then I remember this is Leicester City isn't it.

Archived