Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

Yep, another two goals again for Ipswich today, including one corker! Questions have to be asked as to why he wasn't brought back earlier now. I couldn't see any of our strikers scoring in the Championship on present form, let alone some of the goals Tom has been banging in, plus volume wise too re goals per game ratio! I suppose he'd have been played this season during this appalling goal drought, much in the same way a young player like Chilwell has (finally...) been used this season. Looks a bit late now mind :-\

8 hours ago, sdb said:

Honestly don't think he's good enough but surely we try to be sure anyway?! He's bang in form and we need something different. 

Then the Tom Lawrence you saw play for Leicester is a different guy to who plays for Ipswich.

Unreal today, opposition can't even get close enough to foul him.

Most Ipswich fans are in agreement that he is our best loan player ever, including the local journo. For me Giovanni Dos Santos has that title, but in terms of a full season- Lawrence is the clear winner.

If I were you, I would be really questioning your club if he isn't given the chance for you next season. If you don't want him, they'll be plenty of other clubs in the Prem who will play him week in, week out.

He has been played as a winger, a centre mid, a number 10 and today as a striker partner to McGoldrick. Looks comfortable in any position, I personally think he is best as a striker.

He will bag a hat-trick before the end of the season, hopefully it's in a couple of weeks at Carrot Road.

4 hours ago, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

Then the Tom Lawrence you saw play for Leicester is a different guy to who plays for Ipswich.

Most Ipswich fans are in agreement that he is our best loan player ever, including the local journo. For me Giovanni Dos Santos has that title, but in terms of a full season- Lawrence is the clear winner.

If I were you, I would be really questioning your club if he isn't given the chance for you next season. If you don't want him, they'll be plenty of other clubs in the Prem who will play him week in, week out.

He has been played as a winger, a centre mid, a number 10 and today as a striker partner to McGoldrick. Looks comfortable in any position, I personally think he is best as a striker.

He will bag a hat-trick before the end of the season, hopefully it's in a couple of weeks at Carrot Road.

Would he be allowed to leave if he scored a hat-trick against Norwich?

6 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

We spent £7.5m on the Polish kid that's "not ready", and we already have an English player doing the biz? You couldn't make this season up if you tried!?

Lawrence is Welsh, other than that you're right...the fact we haven't recalled him is baffeling, but probably not in the same breath.....

3 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

There's no recall option in the loan is there??

The only way his season-long loan could be ended was if Leicester, Ipswich and the player all agreed though.

“I spoke to Jon Rudkin (Leicester’s director of football) the other day and as far as they are concerned he’s with us,” said McCarthy.

“We have a commitment with them until the end of the season and they have a commitment to us. The only way that can be broken is if we say ‘we don’t want Tom Lawrence’. Well that’s going to happen isn’t it?!'

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mick_mccarthy_says_there_is_no_way_tom_lawrence_will_be_cutting_short_his_loan_stay_with_ipswich_town_1_4867088

He continues to shine in a poor Ipswich side and seems to be making most of his goals himself. He won the goal of the day vote on Sky after yesterdays latest effort.

As for having him back, well thats all too late now. Im not sure if we have a recall option on him anyway but arent the facts these days that you register 25 players at the end of every deadline and thats it? If he isnt in the 25 he isnt getting a look in anyway.

Lets hope he continues to progress as a player as he has always been spoken of as someone majorly talented and if so, he can contribute to the squad going forward.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The only way his season-long loan could be ended was if Leicester, Ipswich and the player all agreed though.

“I spoke to Jon Rudkin (Leicester’s director of football) the other day and as far as they are concerned he’s with us,” said McCarthy.

“We have a commitment with them until the end of the season and they have a commitment to us. The only way that can be broken is if we say ‘we don’t want Tom Lawrence’. Well that’s going to happen isn’t it?!'

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mick_mccarthy_says_there_is_no_way_tom_lawrence_will_be_cutting_short_his_loan_stay_with_ipswich_town_1_4867088

/thread then.

Dunno what all the debate is about, we might as well talk about Messi coming here.

6 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

We spent £7.5m on the Polish kid that's "not ready", and we already have an English player doing the biz? You couldn't make this season up if you tried!?

Agreed but our manager would say he wasn't ready. It is pretty much his standard answer about any player who is new or on the fringes. Which begs me to question what the hell are he and his team actually doing about getting them ready.

10 hours ago, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

No I watched him play at Sincil Bank 2 weeks ago for Ipswich and he was bullied out of the game. 

43 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Lawrence is Welsh, other than that you're right...the fact we haven't recalled him is baffeling, but probably not in the same breath.....

My bad. It was very early in the morning and I couldn't be bothered to check his nationality!

13 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Perspective Chris Wood just netted 21st goal this season for Leeds-anyone asking for him back ? 

Yeah, but the difference is that Wood is no longer our player, where as Tom is.

I find it quite exciting that we have a no.10/second striker/attacking midfielder waiting for us next season. Hopefully we'll still be in the Prem, and we can go back to Tom, cap in hand, and integrate him into our match day squad.

We have no one like him in the squad currently. We tried to get Ramirez and failed. Okazaki is just not up to that role anymore. Let's hope we can work it out with Tom and we can get the best out of him, if he returns.

We've seriously mismanaged this situation, on the face of it. I hear he doesn't want to return.

Archived