Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

IMO Lawrence is PART of the answer to the much discussed failed no.10 position, in our side.

Okazaki has failed in that role this season.

We should buy another - Ramirez/Sigurdsson (wishful thinking) and rotate them to solve this problem.

The issue we now have, is that we are not the draw to the better no.10s, that we were, when we were in the Champions League.

A catastrophic failure of our transfer policy.

Get him back in. Quality player! Proving it this year.

I believe that he is pretty much Ipswich's player for the whole of the season -McCarthy more or less said that he can't be recalled and we can't sell him over their heads (last January) so it's almost academic that we haven't been in contact beyond the fact that he is still an employee of the club and it might have been a decent gesture to make some albeit limited contact with him 

43 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

IMO Lawrence is PART of the answer to the much discussed failed no.10 position, in our side.

We should buy another - Ramirez/Sigurdsson (wishful thinking) and rotate them to solve this problem.

The issue we now have, is that we are not the draw to the better no.10s, that we were, when we were in the Champions League.

I'd hope we go after Ramirez in the summer. If they go down they will have to get him of the books, I reckon £8-10m will do it. 

17 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I believe that he is pretty much Ipswich's player for the whole of the season -McCarthy more or less said that he can't be recalled and we can't sell him over their heads (last January) so it's almost academic that we haven't been in contact beyond the fact that he is still an employee of the club and it might have been a decent gesture to make some albeit limited contact with him 

It's called man management. We're clealry pretty sh1t at it this season, given the performance of the first team and this example. this illustrates everything that is currently wrong with the club. No way would the owners be happy that one of their employees has been left for the whole season without any contact. 

28 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd hope we go after Ramirez in the summer. If they go down they will have to get him of the books, I reckon £8-10m will do it. 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Maybe Lawrence can be that 'creative number 10' option. I think we need to sign another Okazaki type as his work ethic is very important to how our team functions. Perhaps Yoshinori Muto, the guy Mainz replaced Okazaki with, who's a similar player but quicker & younger. Sign Muto, keep Okazaki & integrate Lawrence into the squad?

I think Gray could be developed in a player who can play the number 10 role. Lawrence went to Ipswich to develop, something the club has got right because he has come on leaps and bounds.

The next stage of his development should be trying to hold down a regular spot in the match day squad!

It might be naive of me to think/expect this but I'd want us to meet with all the loan players on a monthly basis.

From a marketing perspective I'd be doing monthly blogs with them too and video diaries, all the sort of stuff that people like to see in terms of player development, it also makes the player feel wanted.

strange really as we do a "loan watch" you'd think even getting a quote from the player after the game would be enough for them to feel like you were keeping in touch 

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think Gray could be developed in a player who can play the number 10 role. Lawrence went to Ipswich to develop, something the club has got right because he has come on leaps and bounds.

The next stage of his development should be trying to hold down a regular spot in the match day squad!

I think grays best postion is wide. So he can use his pace and go either on the outside of the full back or cut inside. I don't think he's 'clever' enough(in football terms) to play those cute passes like Riyad does.

I said it once and I'll say it again.

if a player is at a club on a season long loan it would be in very unusual circumstances that contact with the parent club and the player would take place.

They are regarded as a club asset but respect the club he is on loan at and the player to leave them alone with no distraction. Yes we would still watch him from time to time but unless there is a problem no direct contact would be made. 

If you look at the interview with Lawrence he was not making an issue rather just saying he didn't know his future as he had not spoken to Leicester about it. Just answering a question it seems.

Its amazing how so many people here  think we are failing him as a club and they really don't know how these things work. 

There is no issue 

This forum is Unbelievable Jeff

15 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

if a player is at a club on a season long loan it would be in very unusual circumstances that contact with the parent club and the player would take place.

They are regarded as a club asset but respect the club he is on loan at and the player to leave them alone with no distraction. Yes we would still watch him from time to time but unless there is a problem no direct contact would be made. 

If you look at the interview with Lawrence he was not making an issue rather just saying he didn't know his future as he had not spoken to Leicester about it. Just answering a question it seems.

Its amazing how so many people here  think we are failing him as a club and they really don't know how these things work. 

There is no issue 

I appreciate your point re him being part of Ipswich town for the whole season. However, he remains our employee. If he suffered a season ending injury he would return to Leicester for treatment, not stay in Ipswich.  it may have been the way years ago to just leave players alone and make no contact, either directly or via the host club but I think things have changed with the more enlightened outfits. Chelsea have a whole department to monitor their dozens of loanees and check how they are progressing. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I appreciate your point re him being part of Ipswich town for the whole season. However, he remains our employee. If he suffered a season ending injury he would return to Leicester for treatment, not stay in Ipswich.  it may have been the way years ago to just leave players alone and make no contact, either directly or via the host club but I think things have changed with the more enlightened outfits. Chelsea have a whole department to monitor their dozens of loanees and check how they are progressing. 

Your key word is monitor .

Yes of course we would monitor but we would not disrespect Ipswich by making contact unless there was an issue.

Its simply not done. 

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

There is no issue 

The Club have just advertised a role for full time liaison officer for loan players

As stated many times before CR did not like creative no 10's that's why we never bought one. He saw the 10 role as defencive as much as offensive hence Shinji running around like a headless chicken when we didn't have the ball.

Wether Shaky will follow suit remains to be seen

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

There is no issue 

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Your key word is monitor .

Yes of course we would monitor but we would not disrespect Ipswich by making contact unless there was an issue.

Its simply not done. 

Maybe if we loan our players we should dictate the terms on how and when we contact them. No disrespect to speak with Ipswich by contacting them, we are in an agreement with them. A big difference in involving yourself in you players development and being disrespectful. If things are simply not done then maybe they simply should just change.

Not involving yourself with your people simply sends the message we don't care or value you, man management basics I am afraid.

I have to disagree the club is failing him if he has not contact.

15 hours ago, Mease said:

Maybe if we loan our players we should dictate the terms on how and when we contact them. No disrespect to speak with Ipswich by contacting them, we are in an agreement with them. A big difference in involving yourself in you players development and being disrespectful. If things are simply not done then maybe they simply should just change.

Not involving yourself with your people simply sends the message we don't care or value you, man management basics I am afraid.

I have to disagree the club is failing him if he has not contact.

You will find it's the same at all clubs when it comes to loans not just Leicester. You really think we are acting any differently to anyone else? It's just the way it is. 

Its all about respect all round.

You just don't get it?

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Scored a last minute equaliser to upset Matty's day yesterday! 

Basically don't even need to check Ipswich's results anymore as he scores every week.

I think there's a better chance of him being integrated into the squad next season after the change of manager.

28 minutes ago, JerryLundegaard said:

Basically don't even need to check Ipswich's results anymore as he scores every week.

I think there's a better chance of him being integrated into the squad next season after the change of manager.

He's only got 9 goals this season, i think if he was scoring every week he'd have a lot more! 

Chris Wood and Knockart have 35 goals between them and neither would get into our team, the step up from championship is just too much. He would be a great addition if we got relegated but i just cant see him getting near the team when we're playing how we have in the last 2. 

If we could get may be  £8-10m for him it would probably be best for all parties if he went in the summer, unless we are relegated of course...

If as a club you just want to get rid of a player and get someone else to pay his wages until you can sell him, then fine, you don't need to monitor him.

If you're loaning him out for development purposes of a potential several millions  pound asset, it would make sense to go and watch him occasionally or how else would you know how he's doing and whether he could eventually fit into your team thoughts? Likewise it would make sense to check on his welfare why he's there and make him feel wanted. Ipswich surely couldn't complain about this as he's not their property, the deal is for them to borrow him for a season and enquiring as to an individual's welfare is hardly going to effect them, on the contrary, a happy player may be a better player.

If I was out on loan and coming to the end of a contract, if my parent club had shown no interest in me I wouldn't feel any kind of allegence to them albeit you would study all deals on the table. Whilst this may not be the way clubs carry out loan business as somebody has pointed out,  and I bow to their superior knowledge on this, then perhaps  it should be the way to go in the future.

29 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He's only got 9 goals this season, i think if he was scoring every week he'd have a lot more! 

Chris Wood and Knockart have 35 goals between them and neither would get into our team, the step up from championship is just too much. He would be a great addition if we got relegated but i just cant see him getting near the team when we're playing how we have in the last 2. 

If we could get may be  £8-10m for him it would probably be best for all parties if he went in the summer, unless we are relegated of course...

I think next season you may realise we have made a big mistake over Mr Knockeart.

30 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Wood and Knockaert have pretty much hit their peak though, they won't get that much better than what they are now. Lawrence is still so young and relatively inexperienced, but his rate of progress this year has been unbelievable. Wouldn't rule him out being involved next year if he has a good pre season

Archived