Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

4-4-2 is dead and buried. Who's going to play up with Slim? Shinji? Who's gonna cover for the 2 CB? Ndidi? The guy just came in. Want to see Mahrez get the ball in his own half with three plays at his neck again? How many pigeons and spectators does Albrighton shoot down before putting one decent cross in the box?

No, 4-3-3 all the way with gray on the left, Riyad on the right and Slim up front. Hopefully Drinkwater will step up now.

Would like this too but did you see the midfield 3 yesterday? Was woeful. Had no idea what they were doing. Drinkwater was constantly being pushed out to the right to cover Simpson and likewise for Mendy on the left. We shipped 3 goals and created nothing. At least in a 4-4-2, the players know the system and know it can work, they just need to work a hell of a lot harder and N'didi needs to be as good as we hope he is. 

I will give you that on Albrighton, and it may mean Gray has to come in on that side. As for Mahrez being doubled/tripled up on, that will happen no matter what system we play. If Gray does play, we can constantly switch them and Gray is also someone you can't leave 1 on 1 with, so either or both could be drawing many players out of position and so creating more space for others.

lol

I do love Slimani. I know he's got the touch of a rapist and he's not scored as many as we were hoping but I can't help but admire a footballer who's so ****ing unashamedly old school.

It's why we love Wasyl.

He's playing in the most expensive league in the world in some multi million pound stadia yet he plays like he's on Braunstone park playing against a team from the Saff.

Expected that really, Algeria have been playing him even with his known ongoing groin issue, doesn't matter to them as he just gets returned to us. Think similar happened on the last international break, played all their games but came back injured

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol

I do love Slimani. I know he's got the touch of a rapist and he's not scored as many as we were hoping but I can't help but admire a footballer who's so ****ing unashamedly old school.

It's why we love Wasyl.

He's playing in the most expensive league in the world in some multi million pound stadia yet he plays like he's on Braunstone park playing against a team from the Saff.

Yep, he'd have been a great striker in the 1950s

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Expected that really, Algeria have been playing him even with his known ongoing groin issue, doesn't matter to them as he just gets returned to us. Think similar happened on the last international break, played all their games but came back injured

I honestly don't think its the federation as much as the coach. Leekens is really bad.

Archived