Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

50 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would like this too but did you see the midfield 3 yesterday? Was woeful. Had no idea what they were doing. Drinkwater was constantly being pushed out to the right to cover Simpson and likewise for Mendy on the left. We shipped 3 goals and created nothing. At least in a 4-4-2, the players know the system and know it can work, they just need to work a hell of a lot harder and N'didi needs to be as good as we hope he is. 

I will give you that on Albrighton, and it may mean Gray has to come in on that side. As for Mahrez being doubled/tripled up on, that will happen no matter what system we play. If Gray does play, we can constantly switch them and Gray is also someone you can't leave 1 on 1 with, so either or both could be drawing many players out of position and so creating more space for others.

It was 4-4-2 diamond. One of the most difficult systems to master and an absolute crazy gamble from Ranieri. The players were clearly not used to it. We got rightly punished and this one is really on the coach. Stick to the 4-5-1/4-3-3, we don't have a defense solid enough to afford two in the midfield away or against a good team. The first half of the season is there to prove it.

The 4-4-2 suppose harassing from the attacking line and a rock solid midfield. We have neither. Shinji spends most of his time looking closely at the grass and Vardy doesn't run. Ndidi is good, but he's no Kanté. To the contrary of the actual myth, Riyad is actually defending/backtracking a lot more and it's killing his game. He must start from our own half and has already at least players on him. Last year he didn't defend that much. He ain't a workhorse, people must understand it. 

Dejected to be already at the end of january see us gambling about our best formation.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

It was 4-4-2 diamond. One of the most difficult systems to master and an absolute crazy gamble from Ranieri. The players were clearly not used to it. We got rightly punished and this one is really on the coach. Stick to the 4-5-1/4-3-3, we don't have a defense solid enough to afford two in the midfield away or against a good team. The first half of the season is there to prove it.

The 4-4-2 suppose harassing from the attacking line and a rock solid midfield. We have neither. Shinji spends most of his time looking closely at the grass and Vardy doesn't run. Ndidi is good, but he's no Kanté. In the contrary of the actual myth, Riyad is actually defending/backtracking a lot more and it's killing his game. He must start from our own half and has already at least players on him. Last year he didn't defend that much. He ain't a workhorse, people must understand it. 

Dejected to be already at the end of january see us gambling about our best formation.

Totally agree. I actually think it is more down to the players than any formation though. We could try anything but if the players don't work harder then it won't make any difference.

The problem with changing formations, is that we now not only have players not working hard enough and out of form, but we also have them trying to adapt to a new system after 18 months of playing 4-4-2. Yesterday and against Chelsea, changing formations just seemed to add to our issues, rather than help them. 

I'd be tempted to play the 4-4-2 at Derby on Friday with the same team we finished last season with but Gray for Mahrez and N'didi at CM alongside Drinkwater. At least we can see how N'didi does in that role. If we are getting overun by even Derby, then perhaps you are right, and I was right before and the 4-4-2 is simply dead without Kante and these underperforming lot. 

If so, then hope Claudio and the players can quickly find and adapt to something new. The 3-5-2 against Chelsea was woeful and yesterday was too. West Ham and Everton were better though, so 3 in the midfield can work, but I still think we could end up with the 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and just having to work a lot harder than we have been doing. 

4 hours ago, USFox said:

Ok so since we're picking things apart let me do you the honors:

1) "You also tried to be smart arsed by saying England are also a big team but 'where are dem medals' when England have won the biggest honour in international football, regardless of how long ago it was. "

Yet you went ahead and said that Algeria in 2014 means nothing to the team that's playing now, very interesting. I assume you're a big England fan (which is fine) but I also assume this is where the butt-hurt occurred.

2) Yes I said Algeria was big, but they are playing in AFCON and so I assumed it was clear I meant in the sense that they are big on the continent for which they play.

3) I never spoke any "shat", I made my points, you have every right to disagree with them, I apologize if I hit a nerve.

4) They did lose to Tunisia and were awful against Zimbabwe, which is why I made the statement to begin with. I was saying that Algeria, which is a big team (on the continent), played a long ball sort of game, and in turn were very bad against teams they were supposed to lose to.

Look dude, I'm really not trying to go back and forth with you. If you aren't understanding what I'm saying then that's fine. All I was trying to say is the following:

Long ball is bad. Even big teams (on the relative scale for which they play) can fail miserably when doing so. England is a big team on their continent and they haven't had relative success in the past 20-30 years. That doesn't change the fact that they are a big team on their scale as well. It means that you can be a big team without having many medals. Look at Croatia, the Netherlands, Belgium and England as examples. Your post is marred in pro-English sentiments, which I understand, but c'mon man, its really not that deep lol.

You're talking semantics, It's not pro English sentiments, it's a statement of absolute fact. I reiterate, YOU said show us dem medals regarding  England and made a cvnt of yourself as they have won the highest honour possible, an honour that only 8 national teams in the history of football have won. Personally, whilst I prefer England to win, I don't really give much of a toss about the national team. As a final note, you will never convince me that, to this point, Algeria are a big team. That is utter drivel.

14 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

You're talking semantics, It's not pro English sentiments, it's a statement of absolute fact. I reiterate, YOU said show us dem medals regarding  England and made a cvnt of yourself as they have won the highest honour possible, an honour that only 8 national teams in the history of football have won. Personally, whilst I prefer England to win, I don't really give much of a toss about the national team. As a final note, you will never convince me that, to this point, Algeria are a big team. That is utter drivel.

Again you keep pointing out this England medal thing again and it just seems you're sour about it. Sorry if I offended you. Couldn't care less to convince you of anything really. Lets just agree to disagree.

42 minutes ago, martyn said:

Way Slimani was walking there I'd be surprised if we see him in the next few weeks.

Hopefully not as serious as it appears.

He always walks around the pitch looking like an injured lamb. whats new?

Get Slim back asap and shut him in the freezer until Tuesday

Wasn't going to play vs Derby regardless, but will be very annoyed if this makes him miss the Burnley game, his head scored 2 past Burnley last time we played them..

5 minutes ago, teblin said:

Slimani is so much better than he gets credit for on here

Nah, keep our second top scorer and top assister in Africa. Let's stick with Morgan's long ball game to Vardy and get Okazaki to run around a bit, because teams reaaally don't know how to deal with scary threat. Ulloa will love to stick here for a 6 months after asking to leave twice.

On 1/20/2017 at 16:24, USFox said:

Bahaha, I have none to show as the US sucks at football. One day though....one day... (eerie stare into the distance). As for Algeria, hey England is a big team right? Where are dem medals? I just meant name wise and comparable talent, Algeria is a good side. The 2014 team almost beat Germany in the World Cup and the team is made up of almost the same players.

13 hours ago, USFox said:

Again you keep pointing out this England medal thing again and it just seems you're sour about it. Sorry if I offended you. Couldn't care less to convince you of anything really. Lets just agree to disagree.

I keep mentioning it In direct response to your post (included above in case you've erased it from your memory).

You have, several times, referred to me as being sour and that you've touched a nerve. You couldn't be more wrong. The original post I disagreed with was your post regarding Algeria being a big team. For the record and to disabuse you of your notion that I am somehow responding to defend the England national team, I don't believe England are a big team either. The big international teams are Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Spain and arguably France, serial winners all.

England are below that level with a myriad of others which incudes the likes of the likes of Dutch and Uruguay but doesn't include Algeria.

When you then added the caveat that they were a big team in Africa I still disagreed with you on the basis that Egypt, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Ghana and Congo have all won more cup of nations tournaments and Algeria have won once in the 30 times it has been held.

Those facts make it irrefutable to me so we seem to judging on a different basis. However, it's all opinion and ours will never meet it seems.

Archived