Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Also an interesting interview with Piers Moron:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42829555

A mistake of ignorance rather than malice then, or just trying to backpedal to curry favour somehow?

Certainly a fair bit more conciliatory than of late.

It was always ignorance I think, most British people haven't got a clue who Britain First is let alone the US President, it's exactly why he shouldn't be posting on Twitter.

P.S Right as I said his speech was presidential he went off on one at the press lol

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Also an interesting interview with Piers Moron:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42829555

A mistake of ignorance rather than malice then, or just trying to backpedal to curry favour somehow?

Certainly a fair bit more conciliatory than of late.

Big of him to own up, but what on Earth is the POTUS doing sharing material on which he has zero knowledge of the author?

Piers is going to be even more insufferable post broadcast of the interview. Yes we all know you are mates with Trump, I once had a slash next to Ian Beale's son at Barnsley away but I don't go on about all the time. 

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

It was always ignorance I think, most British people haven't got a clue who Britain First is let alone the US President, it's exactly why he shouldn't be posting on Twitter.

P.S Right as I said his speech was presidential he went off on one at the press lol

You weren't expecting him to keep that up all the way through, were you? lol

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Big of him to own up, but what on Earth is the POTUS doing sharing material on which he has zero knowledge of the author?

Piers is going to be even more insufferable post broadcast of the interview. Yes we all know you are mates with Trump, I once had a slash next to Ian Beale's son at Barnsley away but I don't go on about all the time. 

Good question.

3 hours ago, treer said:

You are very lucky then, to have been born when you were, and not 100 years ago

I like to think that those who fought and died all that time ago would look fondly on those who don't fight now, because it means what they fought and died for - the idea of "Never Again" - was successful.

Guest FriendlyRam

His big conference speeches are written up for him, hes reading from a pre packaged script. His attack on the press after was the real him. And I dont think he knew who britain first was, but he didnt think for one second his retweeting of an attack on muslims was going to cause controversy? The man is a disgrace and needs removing from office, but that doesnt seem to happening anytime soon.

6 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

but he didnt think for one second his retweeting of an attack on muslims was going to cause controversy? 

Didn't he tweet videos of Muslims attacking people and Christian antiquities? 

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nothing antique about the cheap statue that dude smashed lol 

I've seen better virgins on in St Matthews.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

I'm sure he does have a hardcore of fans in the UK and they likely do send him fan mail...but when he does come here he might get something of a surprise on that score.

In other news, Trump supporters ask a Navajo lawmaker if he was in the country illegally.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/371150-arizona-state-lawmakers-claim-trump-supporters-questioned-them-on-their

Let that sink in for a moment.

10 hours ago, Buce said:

Anyone who goes along to this protest who didn't say a peep about the state visits for Assad, Xi, Mugabe etc really should take a look at themselves in the mirror. 

I do sometimes wish as a nation we were a bit more mature like the French when it comes to stuff like this.

They had his visit, got on with and now will reap the benefit, we'll have 50 Labour MP's more interested in virtue signalling than protecting the interest of the country.

Edited by MattP

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Anyone who goes along to this protest who didn't say a peep about the state visits for Assad, Xi, Mugabe etc really should take a look at themselves in the mirror. 

I do sometimes wish as a nation we were a bit more mature like the French when it comes to stuff like this.

They had his visit, got on with and now will reap the benefit, we'll have 50 Labour MP's more interested in virtue signalling than protecting the interest of the country.

Agree regarding the lack of consistency with regimes with dubious human rights records, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I guess the difference between us and the French in this matter is that they have a leader in Macron who was willing to tell Trump he's a fvckup in the eyes of the wider world and going from there to some kind of compromise, I'm not sure if we could expect the same from May.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Agree regarding the lack of consistency with regimes with dubious human rights records, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I guess the difference between us and the French in this matter is that they have a leader in Macron who was willing to tell Trump he's a fvckup in the eyes of the wider world and going from there to some kind of compromise, I'm not sure if we could expect the same from May.

Is there actually any evidence Macron has done this?

May bollocked Trump over the re-tweets and his threw his toys out the pram over the embassy visit.

I wouldn't normally go to a protest about a state visit, but I'd go and protest Trump just because he's a bit of a nob, and it winds him up so much.

It's the British way. I don't think I'd bother if he hadn't made such a big fuss about it.

Edited by Charl91
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Is there actually any evidence Macron has done this?

May bollocked Trump over the re-tweets and his threw his toys out the pram over the embassy visit.

He certainly thinks his stance on climate change is a joke, and has made a joke about it, as well as the infamous handshake.

I could have a dig for a few specific examples if you like, but the outward appearance certainly seems to be (as told by the media, anyway) that Macron believes him to be a blithering idiot, though Trump did seem to be pretty impressed by the song and dance France put on for him.

It's true that May gave him some stick about the BF retweets and we might be pleasantly surprised as she might take a leaf out of the Macron book should he make a state visit, I'd hope she might but I'm unsure.

Additionally, a point I've made before that I could have added to my post above: you hold your allies to a higher standard than your....not allies, so when the US seem bound and determined to fvckup in the eyes of the world more noise should be made about it than, say, NK or Assad brutalising their own citizens again or Putin acting like a classic Bond villain.

So we dont actually have any evidence of it then? 

It really is amazing how we believe anything the press says that's anti-Trump is gospel and we'll scrutinise the hell out of any opinion or piece that shows him in a good light.

Him and Macron seem to be getting on well, I have grave doubts that the French Prime Minister has been unpleasant about him.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

So we dont actually have any evidence of it then? 

It really is amazing how we believe anything the press says that's anti-Trump is gospel and we'll scrutinise the hell out of any opinion or piece that shows him in a good light.

Him and Macron seem to be getting on well, I have grave doubts that the French Prime Minister has been unpleasant about him.

Is the handshake and the joke or two not enough, then? I guess it could be a facade and of course you can't really take anything the media says at face value, but outside of second-hand reporting how are you going to judge how they're getting on?

FWIW I think there's something of a power play element in there in that Macron knows the game that Trump plays (no friends, only enemies and subordinates) and wasn't having any from the start - and maybe making that clear to him from the very beginning made things go smoother between them...but that's purely speculative on my part.

In any case, if the UK want to arrange a visit for Trump I personally have no issue with it, I just hope May could also tell him in no uncertain terms that she doesn't buy what he's selling and we can go from there.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, consistent or not, I think Trump will be left in no doubt of what the British public think of him. 

The public won't get near him. The security around the US President is like no one else.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

The public won't get near him. The security around the US President is like no one else.

His security doesn’t make him blind or deaf, and if it’s a State visit he gets to ride through horse guards parade or something, doesn’t he?