Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Unfortunately, he doesn't know the basic history of the US.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331349-trump-why-was-there-the-civil-war

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why?" Trump said  

"People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

Yeah, no one has every written any books about the Civil War... at least, he clearly as never read one of the 10's of thousands of books on the subject.

9 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Unfortunately, he doesn't know the basic history of the US.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331349-trump-why-was-there-the-civil-war

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why?" Trump said  

"People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

Yeah, no one has every written any books about the Civil War... at least, he clearly as never read one of the 10's of thousands of books on the subject.

"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'There's no reason for this.'" 

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

And this guy has his finger on the nuclear button.

Seriously scary stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Buce said:

"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'There's no reason for this.'" 

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

And this guy has his finger on the nuclear button.

Seriously scary stuff.

I was going to mention that too. If only Frederick Douglass would write a book about the Civil War, I am sure Trump would read it, he's been hearing a lot of good things about him recently.

It seems the US Education system is in desperate need of reform given this man's, and their other politicians, lack of knowledge of history.

If Trump really is a man of the people that he claims to be, then surely he should be making efforts to reform their systems which benefit the American people in the long term.

Edited by China Black

2 hours ago, China Black said:

It seems the US Education system is in desperate need of reform given this man's, and their other politicians, lack of knowledge of history.

If Trump really is a man of the people that he claims to be, then surely he should be making efforts to reform their systems which benefit the American people in the long term.

Trump is a muppet who has no idea what he is doing.  Doesnt know his history (which can relate to previous wars or even as much as how government works or has always worked etc).

Con artist and the only people  who seem to get this are the dems and like 90% of everyone in the world except the republican supporters.

But who are we all kidding we are just fake news

I'm curious now: for the last few pages we've had a lot of criticism of Trump...but no one speaking out in favour of him.

Is there anyone out there on FT still backing him and the decisions he's making? If there are, it would be nice to speak up - this whole thread is getting rather one-sided.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I'm curious now: for the last few pages we've had a lot of criticism of Trump...but no one speaking out in favour of him.

Is there anyone out there on FT still backing him and the decisions he's making? If there are, it would be nice to speak up - this whole thread is getting rather one-sided.

I dare say there are a few, just too embarrassed to admit it.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

I dare say there are a few, just too embarrassed to admit it.

And a couple that aren't.

*Patiently awaits arrival of DT*

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

TBF I think even DT was a bit taken aback with how Trump handled (or is handling) the North Korea thing if I remember right.

22 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

IIRC, the only one to give unqualified support to Trump was Claridge. Possibly Darkon too.

50 minutes ago, Buce said:

IIRC, the only one to give unqualified support to Trump was Claridge. Possibly Darkon too.

Just to clarify, I was never backing Trump. I was, however, hugely against Clinton and I did fight Trump's corner on some issues before and just after his appointment, but mainly simply to provide balance and play devil's advocate, or highlight hypocrisy really.

Unfortunately, since starting this new job in February, I'm mainly just a lurker on here now and don't get too much time to post etc. Plus, I just can't really be arsed with a lot of it lately. Some people are so entrenched in their views that it's almost pointless and a waste of time to argue otherwise (on both sides of the political spectrum).

At the risk of sounding like Trump lol over the last few months the level of reporting and journalism has really taken a turn for the worst and divebombed in terms of quality. Similar to on here, the news outlets and papers etc have become even further entrenched in their invested views and it winds right up. It's not even subtle anymore and it's no surprise that social tensions are increasing when you can't even receive fairly level headed news anymore. Unfortunately, it's caused me to become a little bored with politics and the resulting discussion, which is a real shame, considering this period of time will be looked back as one of the most interesting and discussed era's in politics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Just to clarify, I was never backing Trump. I was, however, hugely against Clinton and I did fight Trump's corner on some issues before and just after his appointment, but mainly simply to provide balance and play devil's advocate, or highlight hypocrisy really.

Unfortunately, since starting this new job in February, I'm mainly just a lurker on here now and don't get too much time to post etc. Plus, I just can't really be arsed with a lot of it lately. Some people are so entrenched in their views that it's almost pointless and a waste of time to argue otherwise (on both sides of the political spectrum).

At the risk of sounding like Trump lol over the last few months the level of reporting and journalism has really taken a turn for the worst and divebombed in terms of quality. Similar to on here, the news outlets and papers etc have become even further entrenched in their invested views and it winds right up. It's not even subtle anymore and it's no surprise that social tensions are increasing when you can't even receive fairly level headed news anymore. Unfortunately, it's caused me to become a little bored with politics and the resulting discussion, which is a real shame, considering this period of time will be looked back as one of the most interesting and discussed era's in politics.

Fair enough. :)

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

No dramas. That wasn't all aimed at you by the way, just thought I'd explain and get a couple of things off my chest etc.

No worries, I didn't think it was.

12 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

But what do you think of what Trump has done so far, Darkon? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

But what do you think of what Trump has done so far, Darkon? :ph34r:

I think everything he's done has been brilliant, as expected and you lot are just sour faced lefties, overindulging in fake news. Obviously.

In all seriousness though, I just haven't had the time or interest to get too involved and read up as much as I'd like to, to have an informed opinion.. Without reading and researching more until I'm happy I've got a good overall grip of the contentious subjects, I can't comment properly.

However, on face value though, it's not looking good is it! He's out of his depth with some of the big issues and it certainly appears to be a big step too far for the man. His knowledge of subjects (both important and routine) isn't up to scratch and the direction of his foreign policy seems to change with the wind...both militarily and in terms of keeping his word to certain countries (eg: Britain, EU and trade). I hope that things will start to calm down and level out, but that would require him to really knuckle down, learn, be prepared to concede sometimes, take advice from better people and keep off Twitter, as well as people actually allowing these things to happen, instead of reporting every single thing with it turned all the way up to 11.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39809168

Good grief, it's rolling in today!

Still, according to a friend better-versed in the political process than I the bill not being examined by the CBO means that it doesn't have a "CBO score", meaning the bill does not qualify for "reconciliation rules" in the senate...and therefore will die at the hands of a filibuster. Guess we'll find out.

I'm vaguely optimistic about the Trump administration's Russian and European foreign policy but I'd hate to be non-white or an immigration living in the US.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-the-snake-trump-oscar-brown-jr-chicago-poem-perspec-0314-jm-20160316-story.html

Trump is reading a poem called "The Snake" to US crowds. And he explains the metaphors, too.

It's about a charitable women who takes in an ailing snake, who then turns on her. And it ends:

"'Oh shut up, silly woman,' said the reptile with a grin. 'You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.'"

Trump explains the metaphor is about terrorism. (The original poem is, however, by a black guy who rejected Communism stating he's "too black to be red". But whatever I guess!)

And since Trump has spoken about needing to solve the "Muslim problem" it's clear who he's talking about. And is such is eerily similar to remarks about the "Jewish-Bolshevik conspiracy" seventy-five years ago.

Trump also now publishes a list of crimes committed by immigrants reminiscent of the Nazi's declaration 'Jews are criminal by disposition. The Jews are not a nation like other nations but bearers of hereditary criminality.'

This foreign policy looks like it may be improving in regard to Russia and Europe but his domestic policy must have an harrowing effect on lives of large swathes of his population - who he deems a "problem".

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm vaguely optimistic about the Trump administration's Russian and European foreign policy but I'd hate to be non-white or an immigration living in the US.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-the-snake-trump-oscar-brown-jr-chicago-poem-perspec-0314-jm-20160316-story.html

Trump is reading a poem called "The Snake" to US crowds. And he explains the metaphors, too.

It's about a charitable women who takes in an ailing snake, who then turns on her. And it ends:

Trump explains the metaphor is about terrorism. (The original poem is, however, by a black guy who rejected Communism stating he's "too black to be red". But whatever I guess!)

And since Trump has spoken about needing to solve the "Muslim problem" it's clear who he's talking about. And is such is eerily similar to remarks about the "Jewish-Bolshevik conspiracy" seventy-five years ago.

Trump also now publishes a list of crimes committed by immigrants reminiscent of the Nazi's declaration 'Jews are criminal by disposition. The Jews are not a nation like other nations but bearers of hereditary criminality.'

This foreign policy looks like it may be improving in regard to Russia and Europe but his domestic policy must have an harrowing effect on lives of large swathes of his population - who he deems a "problem".

With this new healthcare bill amongst other things, you have no idea how true that is.

Here's an article with a list of "pre-existing conditions" that insurance companies could 'deny' (read: charge so much people can't afford it which is essentially the same thing) cover for:

http://time.com/money/4763609/pre-existing-conditions-ahca/

How many do you have?

Blows my mind that he gets in because all of the rust belt etc and one of the first things he does is shaft the country's poor.

I really can't get my head round the repeal of Obamacare, whatever your politics, it's just woeful.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Blows my mind that he gets in because all of the rust belt etc and one of the first things he does is shaft the country's poor.

I really can't get my head round the repeal of Obamacare, whatever your politics, it's just woeful.

It shows a certain level of mastery of manipulating public opinion tbh - shafting that many of your voter base and then getting them to vote for you anyway because "those Muslims/illegals/muh freedom/insert other reason here.

Oh, and it's interesting: people with pre-existing mental health conditions now have the access and the right to go get a gun and do what they want with it, but what they don't have the access or right to get is healthcare to help them live their lives.

(No implication intended that most mental health patients are folks who would take a gun and go on a killing spree, btw.)

I thought he failed to repeal Obamacare? Or are there new moves to repeal it?

So as long as you're not Muslim, not Mexican, ideally either white or heavily tanned and in no way suffering in any physical or mental way Trump is your man.