Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest MattP
Just now, leicsmac said:

But I thought you thought he'd be a good thing? :P

I said I wouldn't vote for either of them.

It was still worth him being elected just to see the butthurt afterwards.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I said I wouldn't vote for either of them.

It was still worth him being elected just to see the butthurt afterwards.

:D

To be fair if the fallout from this and subsequent events are anywhere near as big as they might be the Repubs are going to render themselves unelectable at the executive level at least for some time, so on that the Dems might actually have played a blinder long-term (unintentionally I would think though; they're too busy fighting amongst themselves for that to have been a legitimate, well-thought out strategy).

It's just a shame about all the stuff that's going to make vulnerable people suffer before that change comes.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

To be fair if the fallout from this and subsequent events are anywhere near as big as they might be the Repubs are going to render themselves unelectable at the executive level at least for some time, so on that the Dems might actually have played a blinder long-term (unintentionally I would think though; they're too busy fighting amongst themselves for that to have been a legitimate, well-thought out strategy).

It's just a shame about all the stuff that's going to make vulnerable people suffer before that change comes.

Im sure I said on more than one occasion during the debate that the candidates were so bad whoever lost might be out for a while, I see no reason to change that thought.

If I had a pound now I've got Cory Booker as the next President, the bloke is seriously impressive, he's like Obama and with some substance.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Im sure I said on more than one occasion during the debate that the candidates were so bad whoever lost might be out for a while, I see no reason to change that thought.

If I had a pound now I've got Cory Booker as the next President, the bloke is seriously impressive, he's like Obama and with some substance.

That's certainly a possibility now, though I think you meant "won" rather than "lost", right, unless I'm missing something? Of course it's conjecture about whether Hillary would have been as bad as this in terms of putting the Dems out in the cold for the future but certainly possible.

I've read a bit about Booker - a friend of mine campaigned for him in NJ. He's certainly saying the right things (and doing them, too) - socially liberal with a little edge/compromise on some issues that would enable him to appeal to a wider group of people. Quite an interesting piece about him here, though it's a few years old now:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/why-do-liberals-hate-cory-booker/278992/

On 16 May 2017 at 07:17, Vacamion said:

WaPo and Buzzfeed reporting that highly classified info relating to ISIS was disclosed to the Russians last week in the Oval Office.

( "But her e-mails..."  "Lock. Her. Up." etc).

21 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Either that or it'll just be dismissed as "fake news".

You do wonder when such matters will finally build up to critical mass, don't you?

Two completely different scenarios there.

Any President has absolute authority to discuss and share whatever information they like, it's not illegal. Classified information will have been shared with ourselves, and vice versa. Just imagine how much information Israel has received from the USA, or how much Iran gained from the USA/Obama during their dealings. It's really a nothing story.

44 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Two completely different scenarios there.

Any President has absolute authority to discuss and share whatever information they like, it's not illegal. Classified information will have been shared with ourselves, and vice versa. Just imagine how much information Israel has received from the USA, or how much Iran gained from the USA/Obama during their dealings. It's really a nothing story.

I believe the issue is it was classified information obtained by a third party country and provided to America... and that the source wasn't aware Trump would pass this onto the Russian's (circumstances around laptop ban?). 

32 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I believe the issue is it was classified information obtained by a third party country and provided to America... and that the source wasn't aware Trump would pass this onto the Russian's (circumstances around laptop ban?).

lol If that's the case, I semi-retract my previous post. I'll have a bit more of a read up on the situation.

56 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

lol If that's the case, I semi-retract my previous post. I'll have a bit more of a read up on the situation.

Yeah, what Vac says is pretty much it. The Israelis aren't particularly happy about it.

Also, an advisor to four different Presidents (including Nixon, who jumped ship before being impeached and Clinton, who was impeached) has come out and said that things are approaching that territory again in his opinion.

1 minute ago, Detroit Blues said:

I wish I could say I was surprised that it was Erdogans goon squad who would be the first to grossly violate the standards of international relations in this way for some time...but I'm not.

Erdogan and Trump are like two peas in a pod, except that Trump is damned foolish and a shit show horror when he tries to be cunning while Erdogan is actually intelligent enough to be purposefully obtuse when he manipulates.

I thought Trumpy might just be a breath of fresh air and cut through red tape to get things done ...   But I now increasingly find his voice annoying ...    And when he does that thing with his finger and thumb, making an O shape, every time he talks, ...    I just want to punch him.

I will cover his policies in detail at a later date ...  :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I thought Trumpy might just be a breath of fresh air and cut through red tape to get things done ...   But I now increasingly find his voice annoying ...    And when he does that thing with his finger and thumb, making an O shape, every time he talks, ...    I just want to punch him.

I will cover his policies in detail at a later date ...  :)

When it comes to policies he'll actually enact, I think you already have :matty:

You get the impression that we will be speaking about these days in hushed tones in 20 years, as younger members of the community ask "what really happened?" and "How did it happen?".

We will tell them that a woman used a private email server and a man shouted "lock her up" and it all went downhill from there.

Then we'll enjoy the stew ration before getting back to work clearing the irradiated rubble.

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You get the impression that we will be speaking about these days in hushed tones in 20 years, as younger members of the community ask "what really happened?" and "How did it happen?".

We will tell them that a woman used a private email server and a man shouted "lock her up" and it all went downhill from there.

Then we'll enjoy the stew ration before getting back to work clearing the irradiated rubble.

Won't be irradiated, just dust-bowled and generally poisoned. :D

Oh, and according to ABC News, the info Trump let loose to the Russians involved a group trying to use a laptop bomb to blow up a commercial jet, hence the laptop ban from certain countries not all that long ago. The Israelis aren't overly pleased about it because the Mossad boyo (I would assume) who supplied the intel which the Israelis passed onto the US is now in the excrement because it couldn't have come from many other sources.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-spys-life-at-risk-after-trumps-careless-intel-leak-abc/

Guest MattP
8 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The Dem's have jumped the gun a little haven't they? There's more to come out.

Nah, even if they lose it won't do any harm to have the names down who said no.

Guest FriendlyRam

Will he walk or have to be removed?

Best one was his staff having to turn the TV up a few bars to drown out the shouting lol

Got to be the biggest idiot to ever be a leader,, and his voters were warned about him.

51 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Will he walk or have to be removed?

Best one was his staff having to turn the TV up a few bars to drown out the shouting lol

Got to be the biggest idiot to ever be a leader,, and his voters were warned about him.

Trump will never quit. He is here for the full term and the only way out is impeachment, death or the next election.

I don't know, I think he could walk. He'll blame it on health or something. And then he'll tour the country claiming he was screwed by the 'deep state' and media. The fans will cheer, he'll feel better about himself again, and the rest of us can go back to ignoring him.. However, if this special investigation finds dirt, he could just be going to prison.