Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I thought he failed to repeal Obamacare? Or are there new moves to repeal it?

So as long as you're not Muslim, not Mexican, ideally either white or heavily tanned and in no way suffering in any physical or mental way Trump is your man.

New healthcare bill got through the House yesterday - article posted above. Still has to go through a fair bit more before it becomes law, though.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

New healthcare bill got through the House yesterday - article posted above. Still has to go through a fair bit more before it becomes law, though.

That was a hollow victory a month ago then.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

That was a hollow victory a month ago then.

Possibly. Some pretty major concessions had to be made to get this one through the House, and that is arguably the 'easier' stage for the Repubs to get legislation through. It still has to go through a slim-majority Senate and (as also mentioned earlier) hasn't been subject to a Congressional Budget Office scoring so it could be filibustered. There are a few Repub senators saying that they don't have much confidence in it right now...so at the very least it may take a while.

An additional observation: I would advise those who complain about the NHS to read up on what is going on regarding healthcare reform over here...and though the choice isn't between one and the other, consider that things could be so, so much worse.

• Like 1

Oh, and it's interesting: people with pre-existing mental health conditions now have the access and the right to go get a gun and do what they want with it, but what they don't have the access or right to get is healthcare to help them live their lives.

(No implication intended that most mental health patients are folks who would take a gun and go on a killing spree, btw.)

The mental health and gun thing is not quite correct. They overturned an Obama ban on people who are receiving social service support, and have been deemed incapable of managing their finances. They do not necessarily have mental health issues, and it wasn't a sweeping change. I believe it affected a relatively small amount of people.

I can see that if you're struggling financially, you might be at risk of suicide and perhaps murder. But that's not the reason they were getting sort from social services.

12 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

The mental health and gun thing is not quite correct. They overturned an Obama ban on people who are receiving social service support, and have been deemed incapable of managing their finances. They do not necessarily have mental health issues, and it wasn't a sweeping change. I believe it affected a relatively small amount of people.

I can see that if you're struggling financially, you might be at risk of suicide and perhaps murder. But that's not the reason they were getting sort from social services.

Yeah, I was being a little trite and facetious with that one. I know it's more complex than that.

In other news...

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/interior-department-releases-list-monuments-under-review-announces-first-ever-formal

Yeah, of course these monuments are under review to be given back to the states and their people and the energy companies chomping at the bit to tear the tops off and grab what's underneath aren't interested and aren't going to be involved at all...right?

• Like 1

I don't understand this new sacking. He says he's sacking him for mishandling the Clinton thing? Is it also related to the Russian links thing? Was the sacked judge looking into that and so Trump sacked him in favour of someone more pliable?

Oh no look. He's sacked the judge because the judge has something on Trump or Trump has reason to want someone more pliable. Second paragraph.

C_apBEWWAAAN5DO.jpg

"Thanks for letting me know you're not investigating me but I still have doubts you can lead the FBI". Maybe those two things are completely unrelated and they were put into the same sentence by accident.

I need to know you're not investigating me. Okay. Okay. You've told me three times. But I still don't have confidence in you to run the FBI. Hmm!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 12:18, China Black said:

This is America we're talking about. Only in America would a person with such a racist and backward looking attitude be voted by the people to become it's nation's leader. Bush and Trump are one in the same. Both are from the Republican Party, which is populated with such ridiculous politicians.

You clearly don't know much about the rest of the world if you think this is true.

• Like 4

Apparently Comey first heard about the sacking from seeing it on the news.  This is becoming a bit of a theme with Trump dismissals, the man doesn't even have the courage to fire a person (ironically enough given how half the planet knows him from that crappy TV show) and people still reckon he has the strength of character to be POTUS?  Hmm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Wonder how long before he 'commits suicide' with  40 bullets in the back, before slipping himself in a suitcase and throwing himself in the sea. 

Well either you pay somebody off and keep them happy or you fire them publicly and risk them going to work in the private sector or worse - for another country's security services. I bet his phone hasn't stopped ringing....

20 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Get Comey on the stand ASAP. He has an interesting story to tell.

I'm sure he has. The investigations surrounding Weiner, Benghazi, Blumenthal, E-mails, and essentially re-writing law for Clinton would be amazing to hear :ph34r:

The flip-flopping of the left in the USA over this is hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone wanted him sacked back in January, and now they're all condemning it and sticking up for him lol What a huge mess, on both sides.

3 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

I'm sure he has. The investigations surrounding Weiner, Benghazi, Blumenthal, E-mails, and essentially re-writing law for Clinton would be amazing to hear :ph34r:

The flip-flopping of the left in the USA over this is hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone wanted him sacked back in January, and now they're all condemning it and sticking up for him lol What a huge mess, on both sides.

Well, as you said earlier, the timing is what's important. If he'd gone before now then...yes people may have been talking about all those things, but as he's gone now people are instead rather eager to know what he knows about Trump and any possible Russian connection instead.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Before he goes missing :ph34r:

"Accidents happen all the time..."

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, as you said earlier, the timing is what's important. If he'd gone before now then...yes people may have been talking about all those things, but as he's gone now people are instead rather eager to know what he knows about Trump and any possible Russian connection instead.

It's all very dubious until we know more. He was fired upon the recommendations to Trump by Sessions and Rosenstein, who were asked for rationale to do so. They could have said there is none, but both found reasons and recommended it occur. This needs to be held in mind. If you'd asked me if he should be sacked around June last year, I'd have said yes. If you ask me now, I'd say his handling of the incidents I mentioned would still warrant it to a point, though considering so much time has passed since then and January too, I'd say the moment has gone and he could possibly continue to do his job. I'm very dubious about the timing, but until we know more, it's all wild speculation.

1 minute ago, Darkon84 said:

It's all very dubious until we know more. He was fired upon the recommendations to Trump by Sessions and Rosenstein, who were asked for rationale to do so. They could have said there is none, but both found reasons and recommended it occur. This needs to be held in mind. If you'd asked me if he should be sacked around June last year, I'd have said yes. If you ask me now, I'd say his handling of the incidents I mentioned would still warrant it to a point, though considering so much time has passed since then and January too, I'd say the moment has gone and he could possibly continue to do his job. I'm very dubious about the timing, but until we know more, it's all wild speculation.

No disagreement there. Now let's get an independent investigator hired and stick him on the stand to talk about stuff publicly and make the "speculation" fact ASAP before anything happens to him.