Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

As a fluent German speaker, I can almost hear the synapses in Fuchsy's cortex wrestling over which language to think in.

Promis = Prominent people, the higher ups.

Po = German for bum.

Basically, "it ain't fair that we call Trump out for sexism them plaster Pippa's behind over the front pages, but Fuchsy admits he likes an arse, but ladies are, errr... nice to look at."

You're welcome.

[emoji3]

Saying "Grab her by the pussy", or that he just starts kissing attractive women (regardless if they are interested), and moving on them "like a bitch" is basically advocating for molestation.

Saying someone has a nice rear end is surely just a compliment? They are not saying, look at that sexy arse, go grab it.

At least that's how I read it.

All this talk about how obama bowed to the king when he visited. Looks like donald kind of did one tooo (even though he called obama out for it). May or may not but close enough haha.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/20/politics/trump-saudi-bow-medal/index.html

I laugh at how he was dancing with the saudis....its as if the saudis are like "lets dance and make this guy look like a clown, he wont even realize.."

Edited by Jattdogg

On 05/21/2017 at 07:02, Merging Cultures said:

Trump thinks he is tough, he often talks it. His actions speak otherwise. He's an incompetent bully, who only succeeds when he is the far larger party, e.g. not paying small businesses, and telling them to take him to court for payment. That works because they are too small to compete. "I never settle" Trump has had to settle in other cases (Trump Uni, and over 100 other cases). He talks big, but he's really not tough.

China, no longer a currency manipulator.

His Saudi speech, won't mention "Radical Islamic Terror". 

What a tough guy!!

He goes against the media because it is a populist thing to do. His base love it. And he can bully the media face-to-face, because what are they going to do and say to the President? It makes the man-child feel powerful.  What are the assumptions you are referring to? The anonymous sources are a bit annoying, but the media also report direct quotes from either Trump himself or people like Comey, Yates, Rosenstein... it's clear  that this is beyond assumptions and accusations.

I heard the description "Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man."

• Like 3

I found this interesting although difficult to understand at first. It's FBI staff discussing why it's so hard to give Trump FBI intelligence.

The guy speaks about "Active Measures" which I had to look up. It is, instead of your normal intelligence gathering, spreading fake information, discrediting your opponents to your advantage.

Lying, but sensationalist media savvy lying, done through various media outlets, to create paranoia, division and social destabilisation for political purposes from what I've understood.

The guy in the interview is saying that Trump has been using these Russian Active Measures against his opponents in the past. And, as such, the rapport between Trump and the Russian media machine by proxy is so great that Trump will happily ignore the FBI.

And that, currently, conspiracy theories pumped at him through Twitter has more weight than the FBI intelligence which he's been poisoned against. The Russian media machine, its emotionally compelling conspiracy theories, has more influence over him than anyone else.

Reading about Active Measures has been interesting. It seems to be a Divide and Conquer for the media age. Set up various front organisations and fund politically divisive organisations or parties in country X in the knowledge that their victory will destabilise the country and see your importance rise, theirs decreases and your influence grow.

The Soviets did donate to the Nation Union of Miners when they were fighting against Thatcher and Thatcher was very paranoid about this for instance. Although it is difficult to differentiate between solidarity and the Russia funding divisive political movements, but that may be how Active Measures could be so effective, although it's not really proof.

General Russian influence in Le Pen could be argued also:

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Disagree. Was a ****, said he would be a ****, is a ****.

I think this probably applies better to some of those that follow him rather than the man himself, but yeah: what happened was a tremendous example of various people (read: anyone not white, rich, male or given special dispensation) voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party and then somehow expecting their faces to not get eaten by leopards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I think this probably applies better to some of those that follow him rather than the man himself, but yeah: what happened was a tremendous example of various people (read: anyone not white, rich, male or given special dispensation) voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party and then somehow expecting their faces to not get eaten by leopards.

Well Obama bombed Libya. 

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

I found this interesting although difficult to understand at first. It's FBI staff discussing why it's so hard to give Trump FBI intelligence.

The guy speaks about "Active Measures" which I had to look up. It is, instead of your normal intelligence gathering, spreading fake information, discrediting your opponents to your advantage.

Lying, but sensationalist media savvy lying, done through various media outlets, to create paranoia, division and social destabilisation for political purposes from what I've understood.

The guy in the interview is saying that Trump has been using these Russian Active Measures against his opponents in the past. And, as such, the rapport between Trump and the Russian media machine by proxy is so great that Trump will happily ignore the FBI.

And that, currently, conspiracy theories pumped at him through Twitter has more weight than the FBI intelligence which he's been poisoned against. The Russian media machine, its emotionally compelling conspiracy theories, has more influence over him than anyone else.

Reading about Active Measures has been interesting. It seems to be a Divide and Conquer for the media age. Set up various front organisations and fund politically divisive organisations or parties in country X in the knowledge that their victory will destabilise the country and see your importance rise, theirs decreases and your influence grow.

The Soviets did donate to the Nation Union of Miners when they were fighting against Thatcher and Thatcher was very paranoid about this for instance. Although it is difficult to differentiate between solidarity and the Russia funding divisive political movements, but that may be how Active Measures could be so effective, although it's not really proof.

General Russian influence in Le Pen could be argued also:

This has been hinted at on here before. Sadly (as you state) it's clever, it's really difficult to prove and as such most people won't buy it even if it is happening.

The US senate has some information of Active Measures btw

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-trid-033017.pdf

Active measures are semi-covert or covert intelligence operations to shape an adversary’s political decisions. Almost always active measures conceal or falsify the source—intelligence operators try to hide behind anonymity, or behind false flags. Active measures may also spread forged, or partly forged, content.

The most concise description of disinformation as an intelligence discipline comes from one of its uncontested grandmasters, Colonel Rolf Wagenbreth, head of the East German Stasi’s Active Measures Department X for over two decades: "A powerful adversary can only be defeated through […] a sophisticated, methodical, careful, and shrewd effort to exploit even the smallest ‘cracks’ between our enemies […] and within their elites."

The tried and tested way of active measures is to use an adversary’s existing weaknesses against himself, to drive wedges into pre-existing cracks: the more polarized a society, the more vulnerable it is—America in 2016 was highly polarized, with myriad cracks and fissures to drive wedges into. Not old wedges, but improved high-tech wedges that allowed Moscow’s operators to attack their target faster, more reactively, and at far larger scale than ever before.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

The bit at the end of the report blames Wikileaks, Twitter (especially bots to distribute disinformation and bully opponents) and journalists using the anonymous leaks without checking them enough for modern Russian Active Measures.

The last point is interesting. They say the Soviets used to feed disinformation all the time but "doing so required handiwork and craftsmanship: preparing documents; writing cover letters; trust-building; or covert and cumbersome surfacing operations. Cold War disinformation was artisanal; today it is outsourced, at least in part—outsourced to the victim itself."

Give journalists a leak and you don't even need to gain the journalist's trust. It's kind of genius really. Even more so because undoubtedly some of what Wikileaks have published is surely true and from good well-meaning sources. But how could a journalist, or indeed a reader, tell the difference?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

He told Duterte there are nuclear subs in Korean waters.

And I've read the leaks about the Manchester bomber coming from the US are probably coming from the White House. An attempt to deflect attention. Awful if true and make working with them on intelligence matters much harder.

He is the one probably leaking (or bragging) the intelligence to others that shouldn't know. 

And to think that he criticised Hilary Clinton for not being careful with intelligence provided.

Donald Trump is a hypocrite of the highest order.:facepalm:

• Like 1