Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It seems like we WERE duped by Slimani's price tag. It looks like we paid well over his market value because we took a punt on him and wanted to get him in. All will come out in the wash I suspect. It usually does.

Mate, CONSIDERING the season he had, the price was fair. Nowadays, of course he isn't worth that, but maybe if he went to other club in the PL he could be a success or another league. Everything is subjective, but you weren't duped, he was worth that money considering the season he had. Football works that way if you didn't know.

3 hours ago, the fox said:

1- 21 next may

2-it bounced off the ground and vardy/okazaki helped distract the keeper

3-I well known website that uses a formula by calculating all deferent types of stats to determine the final rating

4- but he passed it nonetheless

5- a great corner that landed into n'didi's feet

6- during the game he put him one v one

7- he passed 40 times ( 32 correct passes) and here is a pic if you want to make sure

_20170319_114454.JPG

8- no need, I'm more than happy to link you the stats

9-we, to your defense he was 5 from 11, not the best but average

IMG_20170319_114844.jpg.ac851904f4bae5dc5491ebee7c6c9cd7.jpg

10- so, he was the only one underperforming in this team.

The Fox, one thing you do have to admit a few weeks ago you said Riyad would shine at one of the so called bigger clubs because it was his team mates here and their poor ability that was holding him back. 

Well, now this team is performing and Riyad isn't the star performer. If he was to replace the Pedro's and Walcott's (as you suggested) he has got a long way to go. 

By the way, I think Riyad has a lot more to offer and he has slowly improved in the last few games (especially defensively) but he has set his own high standards and he isn't there yet. 

Guest CityFan 06

Another huge result yesterday to pull away from danger. What a job Shakespeare has done, undeniable impact. 9 goals and 9 pts from 3 league matches.

Thought we showed excellent character to hold on after relentless pressure from West Ham late on. We're 15th but if we can continue with this sort of form we could be looking at a top half finish, and in that case Shakespeare would have to be a serious contender for the job. 

37 minutes ago, the fox said:

So, you are admitting that you come to the forum with an already conceived notion that mahrez is overrated by the fans here and that is effecting your judgment. Those are your wards, not mine.

Of course I do.

If you thought this Forum was for anything other then you have, as we say, "got the wrong end of the stick". 

I don't come to the Forum to have my opinion altered to other that of yours or anyone's else's.

I come to offer my own opinion, and when countered, to argue the case for that opinion.

I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me; that's fine. 

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The Fox, one thing you do have to admit a few weeks ago you said Riyad would shine at one of the so called bigger clubs because it was his team mates here and their poor ability that was holding him back. 

Well, now this team is performing and Riyad isn't the star performer. If he was to replace the Pedro's and Walcott's (as you suggested) he has got a long way to go. 

By the way, I think Riyad has a lot more to offer and he has slowly improved in the last few games (especially defensively) but he has set his own high standards and he isn't there yet. 

Yes I did, as did many posters here. And I stand by it, the players picked up and he did too.

In the last 3 games, Kasper was the star. But, mahrez is defiantly in the top 3

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Of course I do.

If you thought this Forum was for anything other then you have, as we say, "got the wrong end of the stick". 

I don't come to the Forum to have my opinion altered to other that of yours or anyone's else's.

I come to offer my own opinion, and when countered, to argue the case for that opinion.

I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me; that's fine. 

1- So, in other wards you are saying " my way or No way".  how do you expect a proper conversation if you are not ready to consider other peoples opinions as true?

2- and your opinion is welcomed, just be a little open. I didn't rate drinky, Albrighton and Simpson much last season but I was ready to be convinced otherwise, and I was after this season

Not telling you that you are not free to have an opinion, just telling you that sometimes you are wrong, just like any other human in this world.

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yes I did, as did many posters here. And I stand by it, the players picked up and he did too.

In the last 3 games, Kasper was the star. But, mahrez is defiantly in the top 3

Kasper 

Vardy

Albrighton

Ndidi

Simpson

Drinkwater.

top 3, he is not. Mahrez is an equal part of this teams success as he is its shortcomings. There are no superstars unless they show otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Kasper 

Vardy

Albrighton

Ndidi

Simpson

Drinkwater.

top 3, he is not. Mahrez is an equal part of this teams success as he is its shortcomings. There are no superstars unless they show otherwise.

The top Leicester performer in the last 3 games by whoscored.

_20170319_162618.JPG

Are people really using the player ratings on whoscored as a guide?

There's a reason people who call it "who dribbled" as a mocking title - because the ratings are absurdly and inherently in favour towards a particular type of attacking player who is good at dribbling like Mahrez - dribbling it given an absurd weighting on their rating system.

I think Mahrez has played very well recently and don't agree with the criticism, but at the same time it's a bit much to say he's been in our top 3 players - Kasper, Albrighton, Vardy, Fuchs and Ndidi have defienitely been better in Shakespeare's games so far.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

There's a reason people who call it "who dribbled" as a mocking title - because the ratings are absurdly and inherently in favour towards a particular type of attacking player who is good at dribbling like Mahrez - dribbling it given an absurd weighting on their rating system.

I think Mahrez has played very well recently and don't agree with the criticism, but at the same time it's a bit much to say he's been in our top 3 players - Kasper, Albrighton, Vardy, Fuchs and Ndidi have defienitely been better in Shakespeare's games so far.

They have been better but that is good because it shows we do have some awesome players really... Mahrez has actually been very good but not our best, that says a lot 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They have been better but that is good because it shows we do have some awesome players really... Mahrez has actually been very good but not our best, that says a lot 

Completely agree, As I said, he has played very well the past couple of games, but he was notable for lacking confidence against Liverpool and slowly grew into the other games. But he has played well, but at the same time it's understandable people aren't praising him as much as Kasper, Albrighton, Vardy, Fuhs or Ndidi - because they have simply been better.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sometimes have trust in your own ability to asses something. 

I did, and that's why I said Kasper was the best, numbers don't tell the whole story, but it will clear some things, two goals and 1 assists in the last 3 games suggest that he is at least the 3rd best player lately.

40 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tell that to dembele and idrissa gueye. They have 1 goal and 2 assists, combined.

I'm not telling you the formula is perfect, but it helps little

_20170319_173815.thumb.JPG.9b5c2d895adb19f5b3aaca85fc2fec19.JPG_20170319_173837.thumb.JPG.60fdfd8ce171810b8b3a2a70a785b562.JPG

I've been saying that ryhad has been double marked.. so he needs to put the ball in early.... eso early on in games. 

Lo and behold.... nice early diagonal ball in. Keeper couldn't cone ibcase shinji got a touch and it goes in.  Great. I hope ryhad will reprise this  

37 minutes ago, the fox said:

I did, and that's why I said Kasper was the best, numbers don't tell the whole story, but it will clear some things, two goals and 1 assists in the last 3 games suggest that he is at least the 3rd best player lately.

Do you believe his performances are the best he can put out there. You said the only reason he was mis-performing previously was because his team mates were poor. They have not been poor in the last four games, so why does he not look like the best thing since slice bread again? 

Archived