Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do you believe his performances are the best he can put out there. You said the only reason he was mis-performing previously was because his team mates were poor. They have not been poor in the last four games, so why does he not look like the best thing since slice bread again? 

1-No, mahrez on form is a top 5 player in the league

2-Said the biggest, not the only.

3- he looks great, not the best but he is playing on a high level.

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Good to know you are enjoying it.

What gets my gander is the praise lauded on this bloke for doing something good every 20 attempts whether it be dribbles or shots while ignoring the other 19 occasions that are totally shit. 

Nobody else would get the game time  he has had to get his shit together since last season, and as I write I have not seen enough good stuff to outweigh the bad, to convince me that he has turned the corner.

Each to their own mate. I'll just carry on enjoying one of the most outrageously gifted players to ever wear the shirt. You can carry on complaining until we end up with a player worth complaining about! 

12 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Each to their own mate. I'll just carry on enjoying one of the most outrageously gifted players to ever wear the shirt. You can carry on complaining until we end up with a player worth complaining about! 

Sums up exactly my feeling. Well said  :thumbup:

Really tough match for us as you would expect and we were under the cosh especially in the second half but we managed to stay firm and stand up to the pressure with Kasper making some magnificent saves for us. we started like a steam train and to go two up after a few minutes was amazing and shows how well we have started games recently. we just were not as good second half and obviously thought the job was done before half time. we should have continued in the same vain in the second half and it was disappointing that we could have conceded an equalizer but thankfully we didn't and went on to win the game.

The change in Albrighton and his influence on the game is noticeable since CR has gone.  He isn't pumping the ball into the box at every chance, no matter where he is on the pitch, he's carrying the ball forward more and bringing others into the game.

The same for Drinky, he is taking responsibility for the midfield and passing forward instead of knocking the ball to Morgan to Huth back to the opposition.

The subs didn't work at all.  I can understand Shakey giving Musa a chance but he failed to take it.  I nearly launched my iPad across the room when he had the ball at his feet and should've just ran forward, instead he stops waits for others to come into play, gets crowded and passes the ball out of touch. 

Good to see Jamie score a poachers goal not just outpacing the last defender.  It's a shame that Slim has missed chances with his feet that he should be burying.  He is way better than he's showing. He needs to start scoring quickly to get his confidence back, we can't have someone not producing when the team are clicking. 

On 18/03/2017 at 18:56, cityfanlee23 said:

He ran 8k today, Lanzini ran further, made more sprints, ran faster. 

Mahrez is not a grafter compared to other players in the squad, I see him jogging back all the time when we are being countered, can't count how many times I've seen Ndidi/drinky sprinting past Mahrez to get back and defend when Mahrez is closer to our back 4 than them.

It almost reads like a textbook comparison between defensive midfielders and wingers duties. 

I was equally as disgusted that ndidi and drinky didnt hang around up front as an outlet for our counter attacks. I saw mahrez do that and all ndidi and drinky could do was sprint back to help the defense ?????

On 19.3.2017 at 18:29, the fox said:

1-No, mahrez on form is a top 5 player in the league

2-Said the biggest, not the only.

3- he looks great, not the best but he is playing on a high level.

Mahrez on form is a Top Ten player. I still see Hazard, Sanchez, Kane, Costa, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Agüero and Lukaku ahead of him.

In order to make the Top Five, he'd have to become more consistent and further up his defensive aspect of the game, receive more support from the full-back on his side of the pitch, more stability from a more established CDM, more support from a more experienced or talented attacking midfielder in a proper N0. 10 role or play in a different PL league team altogether (sacrilege, I know).

He's great to watch when he seems to glide past defenders and has enough space at his disposal. However, he could or should become a more complete player in the next two to three years to really have a tremendous impact.

Archived