Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Lanzini looks like he would be the perfect for for us. Works his tail off and is quality. He might be wanting a move at the end of this season. If I was in charge of recruitment I would be looking to splash the cash for him this summer. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I can't believe the negative reaction.

We never used to win at West Ham. Some sort of stat was that we didn't win there for about 34 years from 1966 until 2000.

You have to look at the 1st half performance as the barometer of the quality of the team. We were bound to tire in view of the effort expended in the Seville game.

We definitely have the real Leicester back and we should all be on cloud 9.

Understandable we were gonna struggle second half with fatigue. However what really annoyed me today was our lack of intelligence when it came to clearing the ball away and giving away silly fouls. 

We have to be more 'street smart' than that. 

Anyway West Ham Unites RIP, sterile stadium lost their soul with 14 yr olds wearing 1991 retro tops giving it the big un.

18 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I can't believe the negative reaction.

We never used to win at West Ham. Some sort of stat was that we didn't win there for about 34 years from 1966 until 2000.

You have to look at the 1st half performance as the barometer of the quality of the team. We were bound to tire in view of the effort expended in the Seville game.

We definitely have the real Leicester back and we should all be on cloud 9.

I don't think it's meant as a negative reaction as everyone is chuffed to bits with the result and grateful for the job the players and Shakespeare are doing but....you have to admit at least one of the substitutions was a strange one that could have cost us dearly. If Ranieri had done that just a few weeks ago the air would be blue!

Slimani you could perhaps understand for a number of reasons but Musa?  A player low on confidence who is easily pushed off the ball, no defensive qualities with a tendency of giving the ball away? What does Gray have to do?  Admittedly he's young raw and can also give the ball away on occasions but with the right orders? Wouldn't Armarty have been a more logical choice? Or King? 

There is a honeymoon period and I'm really happy Shakespeare has got the job until the end of the season but...what then? Are we going to play in the same style/way? If so there needs to be some quick expensive recruitment because we've got some ageing players with some others that seemingly do not fit the mould for this style of play. Or, the style will have to change, could that be what Ranieri was unsuccessfully trying to do but the players couldn't or wouldn't adapt, who knows. Either way it's going to be a very big decision as to whether Shakespeare is to be the long term answer. Personally I'm not sure either way.

11 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Think everyone pretty much agrees that bringing on Musa was a big mistatke

im guessing most of us made plenty of mistakes in the first month of a new job

if you keep making the same mistake that is another story all together 

Musa wasn't the mistake - it was musa and slim together. That's shoŵed a tactical ineptness which is very concerning - it isn't just shakey making the call and if stowell had pointed out the obvious error then shakey wouldn't have done it. They just have been in agreement. . If he had brought musa on a a vardy replacement to try and stretch the play with king/amartey to bolster the midfield then I could have understood that. and shinji needed replacing ten minutes earlier. We had to get some control of the ball back somehow. 

Of course we are all delighted to have finally  won away from home - but we were three one up with half an hour to go and we should have drawn that game or even worse. with the fatigue setting in being predictable then decisions/ lack of decisions were puzzling. CS has another 12 games in this audition - I would suggest he surrounds himself with someone in addition to stowell because another 45 minutes like yesterday's second half will alarm the owners. 

I would also also like to know if stringer or tanner asked that obvious question in the post match presser. would have been an opportunity for CS to show some humility and say he got it wrong but we all make mistakes. I'm continually struck by how poor sports journalism is from the written right through to visual broadcast. 

Looking forward to Stoke already - April is 8 fixtures!!!!

2 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

Lanzini looks like he would be the perfect for for us. Works his tail off and is quality. He might be wanting a move at the end of this season. If I was in charge of recruitment I would be looking to splash the cash for him this summer. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Yes, especially after watching the analysis on him by MOTD.

It may have been the case, with a 2 goal cushion (ie the best time to do it) to give Musa another chance under the new regime to see if he's up to it. He's clearly not that good and now we've seen it under CS too. The fact that some people seem to be giving a single substitution equal weight to four consecutive wins including a domination of a top, top Spanish team is to me crazy, but hey, we're Leicester fans, normal is the abnormal.

Theoretically bringing Musa on is a good move as he should push the West Ham defence back 5 / 10 yards - It's just that at the moment he's clearly not up to the task and Shakey needs to out his arm around the lad and start getting the best out of him.

He has shown signs of ability- I'm thinking Arsenal at home when he came on and the Palace game (I grant you he has looked shocking in others and the jury's very much out as to his ability) but his confidence looks to be shot.

Musa made sense in some ways. An out ball/pacey striker to keep them on the back foot. Just a shame he's not yet adapted to this league and has zero confidence. Fair play to CS for showing some faith in him though. Even if it appears misjudged in hindsight. 

2 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

I doubt West Ham would let him go

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You don't score goals against Barcelona, even in a friendly, if you're shite. 

Seriously the bloke has talent. He needs encouragement not constant abuse. First season syndrome?  We might find out. 

The goal against Barcelona was a thing of beauty, no doubt about it.

However, he is wasted in left midfield or even on the wing where you can't just rely on pace, and ought to consistently play as a centre forward or striker to have an impact. Problem is, we won't drop Vardy now that he's rediscovered his scoring boots and left midfield is Albrighton territory. I'd even take Gray over Musa after what I've seen so far, Gray's decision-making seems smarter and he holds up the ball in a more mature way.

Fantastic first 30, looking good the next 30, knackered for the last. Thank God we managed to see it out. Table looking much more comfortable now.

Kasper man of the match. Benny did well, and Albrighton looks a changed man. Unfortunately haven't seen anything out of Musa or Slimani to warrant the money.

15 hours ago, the fox said:

lollollol is that all you have to say, OK! Here are some stats

5 dribbles

3 tackles (only behind n'didi as a Leicester player)

Scored the first goal

Was behind the vardy and huth goal

A one on one pass to vardy

And last but not least, whoscored scored gave him 8.35 (the best note for a Leicester player)

So yeah, I'm blinded by "nationalist favouritism" and you are looking for a reason to "criticize" mahrez

How old are you - your argument is comical.

Firstly the goal was a fluke - it was a cross that the keeper made a massive hash of.

Ratings from a website - really?

He passed to Albrighton who put in a great ball for Huth to score.

He took a corner then after many ricochet's Vardy scored.

During the game he passed to Vardy you say.

These instances can hardly be used as evidence to back up your argument as I would expect him to pass to team mates as a matter of course - which as we are on the subject, he does far too little of.

I won't argue the stats you supply for tackles and dribbles; I will have to trust you on that; indeed since his goal against Hull there has been a noticeable increase in effort which previously had been noticeable by its absence.

What you fail to consider is how many times he dribbles unsuccessfully where a simple pass would be the better option for the TEAM. Time and time again even over the last four games, he is constantly giving the ball away whether by this or misplacing simple passes.

I can tell you now, since the team's form has picked up he was shocking against Liverpool, our worst player against Hull until his goal. 

He is a very talented individual but he has been fortunate to have been on the pitch as long as he has, given countless insipid performances over the last 8 months.

Lets hope he hits some form now as up to this point I don't think he's anywhere near where he could be.

Archived