Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

It would be boring if we didn't have something to moan about.

We won our first away game of the season............ can't we just be Happy

Amazing really that the post match thread is largely just criticism for some players and even the bard himself.  

Can't you remember when we were dead and buried after Swansea?  Look at us now.

Cracking result away from home and have learnt 2 new things from my day out.

1) That is the least atmospheric and football orientated stadium in the Premier League.

2) Musa is not, was not and never will be a football player...truely shocking.

We have our Leicester back....I had misgivings about sacking CR but whatever was wrong internally is clearly being sorted...

All the boys that started put in a terrific shift and the improvement in Huth, Simpson, Fuchs, Mahrez and Albrighton over the past few games is incredible....thought the subs were poor and feel for Gray and Amartey a bit but 3 points and we move on.

Poor stadium set up and we tried to do our bit but the upper and lower tiers were in different postcodes which didn't help the atmosphere!

Keep playing with the effort and commitment today and we could go on a memorable run especially as Riyad is starting to look like last seasons version!!

4 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Great win  but a nervous last 30 mins.

I understand people wanting Slimani to be so great that they will go against what their eyes are seeing but he is not very good. He is not and at his age never will be a £30 million pound player. The technique he has is sub premier league standard.

I hope we can offload him and Musa in the summer because neither is going to get much of a look in next season. If we can get anywhere near our money back for them it will be a bonus.

Good job we got rid of Vardy after his awful first season. Ohh wait.....

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I have.

And I have not seen a worse player in terms of value for money in 45 years.

Is yours a throw away comment or do you not think he's awful? 

I don't think he's THAT bad ..... 

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly, that last 30 minutes is up there with the worst we've played this season.

Don't think we put two passes together and West Ham missed some sitters.

Would have been such a shame to have thrown away the first 60 minutes, in which we were superb.

I do agree that we weren't great when we had the ball in the last half an hour, but the players were definitely running on empty. They put an absolute shift in against Sevilla and did a similar thing for the first hour. The resolve and determination was brilliant!

Only watched the first half, but I thought West Ham matched us well in the first half, bar their inability to defend set pieces.

We were lucky today, which slightly evens out the bad luck we've had all season.

Archived