Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can't be many coaches in world football who would have continued to play 4-4-1-1 when 2 goals ahead away from home against a side who had gone to 3 in central midfield. and with 2 fellas who had run themselves to a standstill four days earlier. Said it during the match thread and it's still true, despite the win - tactically naive. amartey or king for Okazaki after 55 mins was the call. 

A win is a win... so I'm happy! But we did however look done around the 65 minute mark, but CL will do that even to the best of teams. It is still better to be defending a lead than what we had all season until Shakey took over. 

Mahrez was mint yesterday for the first 60. 

The full backs at the moment are as good as Kasper. Vardy being his old niggly self and Albrighton is playing as well as he ever has for Leicester 

I thought the two in midfield really struggled but after Tuesday, it was unstandable.

We are gonna have to shuffle the pack over the coming weeks, so Shakespeare will have to be open going from the standard XI.

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Mahrez was mint yesterday for the first 60. 

The full backs at the moment are as good as Kasper. Vardy being his old niggly self and Albrighton is playing as well as he ever has for Leicester 

I thought the two in midfield really struggled but after Tuesday, it was unstandable.

We are gonna have to shuffle the pack over the coming weeks, so Shakespeare will have to be open going from the standard XI.

If we get 6 points from our next two games (Stoke&Sunderland) he can start giving youth a chance and resting players. 

57 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

How old are you - your argument is comical.

Firstly the goal was a fluke - it was a cross that the keeper made a massive hash of.

Ratings from a website - really?

He passed to Albrighton who put in a great ball for Huth to score.

He took a corner then after many ricochet's Vardy scored.

During the game he passed to Vardy you say.

These instances can hardly be used as evidence to back up your argument as I would expect him to pass to team mates as a matter of course - which as we are on the subject, he does far too little of.

I won't argue the stats you supply for tackles and dribbles; I will have to trust you on that; indeed since his goal against Hull there has been a noticeable increase in effort which previously had been noticeable by its absence.

What you fail to consider is how many times he dribbles unsuccessfully where a simple pass would be the better option for the TEAM. Time and time again even over the last four games, he is constantly giving the ball away whether by this or misplacing simple passes.

I can tell you now, since the team's form has picked up he was shocking against Liverpool, our worst player against Hull until his goal. 

He is a very talented individual but he has been fortunate to have been on the pitch as long as he has, given countless insipid performances over the last 8 months.

Lets hope he hits some form now as up to this point I don't think he's anywhere near where he could be.

1- 21 next may

2-it bounced off the ground and vardy/okazaki helped distract the keeper

3-I well known website that uses a formula by calculating all deferent types of stats to determine the final rating

4- but he passed it nonetheless

5- a great corner that landed into n'didi's feet

6- during the game he put him one v one

7- he passed 40 times ( 32 correct passes) and here is a pic if you want to make sure

_20170319_114454.JPG

8- no need, I'm more than happy to link you the stats

9-we, to your defense he was 5 from 11, not the best but average

IMG_20170319_114844.jpg.ac851904f4bae5dc5491ebee7c6c9cd7.jpg

10- so, he was the only one underperforming in this team.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think it's meant as a negative reaction as everyone is chuffed to bits with the result and grateful for the job the players and Shakespeare are doing but....you have to admit at least one of the substitutions was a strange one that could have cost us dearly. If Ranieri had done that just a few weeks ago the air would be blue!

Slimani you could perhaps understand for a number of reasons but Musa?  A player low on confidence who is easily pushed off the ball, no defensive qualities with a tendency of giving the ball away? What does Gray have to do?  Admittedly he's young raw and can also give the ball away on occasions but with the right orders? Wouldn't Armarty have been a more logical choice? Or King? 

There is a honeymoon period and I'm really happy Shakespeare has got the job until the end of the season but...what then? Are we going to play in the same style/way? If so there needs to be some quick expensive recruitment because we've got some ageing players with some others that seemingly do not fit the mould for this style of play. Or, the style will have to change, could that be what Ranieri was unsuccessfully trying to do but the players couldn't or wouldn't adapt, who knows. Either way it's going to be a very big decision as to whether Shakespeare is to be the long term answer. Personally I'm not sure either way.

All this tosh about substitutes.... (Shakespeare may have asked the subs to do xyz, and they didnt)

Anyway..Where would these negative poster Fall  (too negative for this moment in time)  if/when we had/have

a new manager, and he made also in their eyes a substitution error...sack him..????

If you fancy yourself as a would be replacement manager, and OTT  knowall.. answer yourself this 1 question.

How often in any game, do the subs really change or make the difference...

Top teams Rarely, any others including ourselves, occasionally, once in a blue moon...????

Forget the Myth  of Ranieri last season, there were subs that just worked, because a together confident squad,

We Were running on an high, even then there were just as many that misfired than were excellent trainer nous..At least according to this ' expert forum'

Understand this, its not so much the disagreement of the subs, that I find somehow patronising, but this idea that somehow Shakespeare is doomed to failure

if he doesnt do or adhere to what individual posters Suggest, and that other

Managers, on this issue alone would of done better, therefore we should put Shakespeare in the exit box..

You have your right to an opinion...so do I!! ... Purely pathetic over analysing of one particular area, and

Defo not the right week, to get into it.....Well  it is a  football forum, you may answer...!!!

Well this weekend...a poor one, with no eye for need and perspective, nor even an inkling of understanding..

Too many trying to play their  'I am hard core and wise ',  card.

17 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Correct. 

I only say say what I see as opposed to be blinded by nationalist favouritism as is often written on this Forum on a daily basis.

The over the top criticism of Riyad is so annoying. We are lucky to have a player with that talent. Of course he can be frustrating, but think of the players we've watched over the years. Please just enjoy him, just watching goals like the one against Hull is amazing for me. keep it up Riyad!!!!

2 hours ago, the fox said:

1- 21 next may

2-it bounced off the ground and vardy/okazaki helped distract the keeper

3-I well known website that uses a formula by calculating all deferent types of stats to determine the final rating

4- but he passed it nonetheless

5- a great corner that landed into n'didi's feet

6- during the game he put him one v one

7- he passed 40 times ( 32 correct passes) and here is a pic if you want to make sure

_20170319_114454.JPG

8- no need, I'm more than happy to link you the stats

9-we, to your defense he was 5 from 11, not the best but average

IMG_20170319_114844.jpg.ac851904f4bae5dc5491ebee7c6c9cd7.jpg

10- so, he was the only one underperforming in this team.

I would watch the matches rather than rely on third parties to inform you of what actually happens in matches.

Re: Your last sentance:

Correct in the games I mentioned Liverpool and Hull and the first half against Sevilla.

Yesterday there were also poor quality displays by: Okazaki, Musa, Slimani and Drinkwater despite the win in my opinion just for balance. 

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I would watch the matches rather than rely on third parties to inform you of what actually happens in matches.

Correct in the games I mentioned Liverpool and Hull and the first half against Sevilla.

Yesterday there were also poor quality displays by: Okazaki, Musa, Slimani and Drinkwater despite the win in my opinion just for balance. 

Evaluating Slimani and Musa as a poor quality display when they were 15 minutes in the pitch only receiving long balls and when the team was being completely destroyed amazes me but oh well.

3 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Evaluating Slimani and Musa as a poor quality display when they were 15 minutes in the pitch only receiving long balls and when the team was being completely destroyed amazes me but oh well.

People aren't just evaluating them as poor quality on yesterday's performance though are they? 

This pair cost a combined fee to the club of over 45 million quid. Even in today's market, we look like we've been utterly shafted. 

1 hour ago, AylestoneRaider said:

The over the top criticism of Riyad is so annoying. We are lucky to have a player with that talent. Of course he can be frustrating, but think of the players we've watched over the years. Please just enjoy him, just watching goals like the one against Hull is amazing for me. keep it up Riyad!!!!

Good to know you are enjoying it.

What gets my gander is the praise lauded on this bloke for doing something good every 20 attempts whether it be dribbles or shots while ignoring the other 19 occasions that are totally shit. 

Nobody else would get the game time  he has had to get his shit together since last season, and as I write I have not seen enough good stuff to outweigh the bad, to convince me that he has turned the corner.

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

1-Is that you implying that I didn't watch the game? I will try not to read into your sentence too much but if you have something that you want to say to/about me than at least shoot straight.

2- are you talking about the home game? Because he played very well in the first half.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agree with that- they just seemed a bit out of sync, leaving space in between and behind. Could have probably done with the extra man in there early second half, but we got over the line! 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-Is that you implying that I didn't watch the game? I will try not to read into your sentence too much but if you have something that you want to say to/about me than at least shoot straight.

2- are you talking about the home game? Because he played very well in the first half.

It might help if you didn't impale your own argument by using the wrong word....

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

People aren't just evaluating them as poor quality on yesterday's performance though are they? 

This pair cost a combined fee to the club of over 45 million quid. Even in today's market, we look like we've been utterly shafted. 

Nope you don't. They were worth that money considering the seasons they made. You know how much Xhaka cost to Arsenal and the only thing he does is warming the bench? Slimani scored 5 goals and has 3 assists, which considering his play time isn't bad at all. As for Musa, maybe he didn't  adapt well to the PL, it happens, but he is far from shit.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What gets my gander is the praise lauded on this bloke for doing something good every 20 attempts whether it be dribbles or shots while ignoring the other 19 occasions 

So, you are admitting that you come to the forum with an already conceived notion that mahrez is overrated by the fans here and that is effecting your judgment. Those are your wards, not mine.

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Nope you don't. They were worth that money considering the seasons they made. You know how much Xhaka cost to Arsenal and the only thing he does is warming the bench? Slimani scored 5 goals and has 3 assists, which considering his play time isn't bad at all. As for Musa, maybe he doesn't adapted well to the PL, it happens, but he is far from shit.

That post makes no sense? How can you suggest we have gotten 45 million pounds worth of player in these two? This season for instance?

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That post makes no sense?

If you can't read, it isn't my fault. I didn't suggest a thing, I was just saying you weren't fooled by the clubs that sold them. Their display is far from their price tag, but you have to consider other things. Football isn't that linear, many things can make a season go bad for a player. And this season in particular was one that everything went downhill for the players and the club.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That post makes no sense? How can you suggest we have gotten 45 million pounds worth of player in these two? This season for instance?

No way near that price given we have got better for a hell of a lot cheaper, they could be good very good but you can't deny they have yet to fulfil the price tag... 

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

If you can't read, it isn't my fault. I didn't suggest a thing, I was just saying you weren't fooled by the clubs that sold them. Their display is far from their price tag, but you have to consider other things. Football isn't that linear, many things can make a season go bad for a player.

It seems like we WERE duped by Slimani's price tag. It looks like we paid well over his market value because we took a punt on him and wanted to get him in. All will come out in the wash I suspect. It usually does.

15 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-Is that you impaling that I didn't watch the game? I will try not to read into your sentence too much but if you have something that you want to say to/about me than at least shoot straight.

No you didn't!

Archived