Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

I think you mean 1/7th in terms of Adi?

Would you have expected Adi to score in the equivalent of the Champions League? His level was today's Championship.

Yea I'm off on my math there. He was bough as a replacement for Heskey who was a Legend and we only got £11m for him Adi wasn't even good enough to play in any Leicester side the guy was like a deer in the headlights whenever he got the ball, it was painful to watch. Islam has scored CL goals and i think he can improve but we have definitely overpaid for him and he doesn't suit our style of play.

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Now that is stupid logic. Even the worst managers have won 3 games at some point. That doesn't make them great tacticians. A good man manager, I'd suggest he is. But not a good tactician. I wasn't convinced in the Hull game either tbh, we certainly didn't press or attack as much as we might have.

Don't get me wrong, the performances have clearly improved since Ranieri was sacked. We've played well in the main over 4 games and the players are trying for Shakey. But I'm making a prediction here, people can disagree with it if they want, but you need to see more than just the immediate things. It's not just about 4 games, it's about what we think is going to happen next season.

This is exactly what Pearson did 2 seasons ago. We started with lots of confidence and played well. Then we got scared and started to sit back in matches. We made shocking tactical decisions and a team that should have finished top half was marooned at the bottom.

Believe me, second halves like today will continue to happen. I don't hear things often, but I've heard from an actual coach at the club that Shakespeare was basically almost in charge of tactics under Pearson. That is worrying because he was awful tactically and it cost us big time. Today was so reminiscent of Pearson it was frightening.

Listen, we might do ok under Shakey. I think we'll stay up now. But we'll underachieve in the long run. I can't stand underachievement. The second half today was absolutely bizarre and it is shocking how many managers cannot realise that we must, must always play on the front foot. The last 3 have all made that mistake at some point.

Anyway, it seems people's view on the game is completely determined by the result, and they seem unable to see what's on the horizon. The next managerial appointment is crucial, we can't afford to miss these things until it's too late. The club must take not of things like today, and ask is there another manager out there who understand the game better. There has to be.

Some of the things you've said are getting at fair points but are shrouded in shit and nonsense.

Even the worst managers win 3 games at some point Yeah, because this hasn't been an insane turnaround in form then, it's just 3 wins. We hadn't scored in 6 league games and have scored 9 in the last 3. Say what you want about long term but that is a massive turnaround. Could anyone have put us in a better situation than we are currently? I highly doubt it. 

Exactly what Pearson did? You're comparing half an hour today (when the team were clearly all flagging majorly after one of the most monumental performances on Tuesday night) with a whole season under Pearson. You've failed to acknowledge that tiredness was clearly a part of why the second half went the way it did. It isn't an excuse for how poor we were, but you have to acknowledge that they were tired and it contributed to our play.

Believe me, second halves like today will continue to happen. Well ok then, oh wise one. That's the future sorted then.

I've heard from an actual coach at the club that Shakespeare was basically almost in charge of tactics under Pearson. Well that's just complete hearsay and I'm sorry but you can't seriously expect people to take that as a valid reason for not giving Shakey the job. I'm not saying you're lying but it is conjecture so I'm not even going to bother responding to the bit about Pearson's tactical ineptitude.

we'll underachieve in the long run. Maybe, but you don't know that and are purely speculating. There is nothing factual to suggest that is any more likely than me saying we will overachieve.

it is shocking how many managers cannot realise that we must, must always play on the front foot. What are you actually suggesting? That we press constantly no matter who the opponent and what the situation? I'm not sure if that is what you are suggesting, but if you don't understand that different situations, different teams and different occasions can require different tactics then the money you've spent on your coaching badges (I assume you have them since you seem to think you know far better than however many other managers) is a complete waste.

As for the last bit, well I don't disagree. I'm not convinced Shakey is the right man to lead us forward next season and I think some people have jumped to the conclusion after 2, 3 or 4 games that he will be amazing for us long term. But equally, he is game by game proving (with results) that the decision to put him in charge to the end of the season was the right one. Bringing Musa on today was a mistake imo but I think Slim is being a little hard done by and as I mentioned before, I think tiredness was a big issue in the late stages of todays game.  

On the whole though no-one could've expected things to go this well so far and you could not have asked for more from the team in terms of performances & results. There are clearly more tactically astute coaches out there than Shakey and maybe we'll appoint one, but for now Shakey has done an excellent job and has barely put a foot wrong.

I've poked fun at a few things you've said but what really annoys me is that you post in such a matter of fact way. You have clearly decided already that Shakey is not good enough long term which is as equally rash as anyone claiming he is definitely the man for us. What's worse is you've based it on hearsay, conjecture and 30 minutes of us not playing well in the face of 3 and a half of the very best games of this season.

It's not all as black and white as you think. Grey exists too.

/Rant.

36 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He's a poor signing for £30m - see below.

No pace

A poor finisher - with his feet

Poor control

Wont jump to win headers against defenders

injury and fitness issues

58cd7c880810e_giphy(1).gif.9a12d1df7ea69099466079b22d05edb5.gif

And yet he used his "lack of pace" and "poor control" to put the ball in the ground and burst away from the defenders, and if you are still not convinced, he clocked 32.6 KM/H vs west ham at home. But hey, keep going.

10 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Great win  but a nervous last 30 mins.

I understand people wanting Slimani to be so great that they will go against what their eyes are seeing but he is not very good. He is not and at his age never will be a £30 million pound player. The technique he has is sub premier league standard.

I hope we can offload him and Musa in the summer because neither is going to get much of a look in next season. If we can get anywhere near our money back for them it will be a bonus.

Amongst many many postings of absolute tripe, at last someone is basing their post on what they see during matches. 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

58cd7c880810e_giphy(1).gif.9a12d1df7ea69099466079b22d05edb5.gif

And yet he used his "lack of pace" and "poor control" to put the ball in the ground and burst away from the defenders, and if you are still not convinced, he clocked 32.6 KM/H vs west ham at home. But hey, keep going.

I would for once like to see you post something other than your defending of the inadequacies of Algerian footballers based on nationalistic sentiment.

Or is that too much to ask? 

This is afterall a LCFC forum

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

After some in-depth research I can confirm the following fascinating stat - we have a 100% record of winning at the Olympic / London / Brady & Gold back-hander Stadium whatever it's called. 

Beautiful... we are also 100% in the league when we go 1 up I believe 

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Correct. 

I only say say what I see as opposed to be blinded by nationalist favouritism as is often written on this Forum on a daily basis.

lollollol is that all you have to say, OK! Here are some stats

5 dribbles

3 tackles (only behind n'didi as a Leicester player)

Scored the first goal

Was behind the vardy and huth goal

A one on one pass to vardy

And last but not least, whoscored scored gave him 8.35 (the best note for a Leicester player)

So yeah, I'm blinded by "nationalist favouritism" and you are looking for a reason to "criticize" mahrez

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I don't understand the criticism of Shakey for the subs ..... for me they made perfect sense ....

We were under the cosh so bought on fresh fast legs up front, and someone to hold the ball up ..... How is that anything other than the most obvious thing to do - giving us a respite at the back and possibly killing them game with another goal.

Slim is understable but Gray should have come and not Musa. Mahrez was dead and should have been subbed off for Amartey to give us a bit of energy in the middle. First half was class though.

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I would for once like to see you post something other than your defending of the inadequacies of Algerian footballers based on nationalistic sentiment.

Or is that too much to ask? 

This is afterall a LCFC forum

Go see the musa  thread.

And I dare you to name a player that got the same amount of hate as mahrez, I DARE YOU! The only one close one was vardy.

And mahrez and slimani are not Leicester city players?

Admit it, apart from musa, the only two players that you talked about are slim and mahrez, isn't that something.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Very surprised that Vardy ran 1.5k Less than Mahrez, and 3k less than Lanzini... 

Great result, hanging on towards the end, Benalouane stepped up and made some crucial tackles, not 100% comfortable at times and was arguably at fault for Ayews goal nowhere near marking his closest man as the ball comes in, but very promising that he could be a defender we can rely on to step in when needed, and who knows even start games in the prem, has hardly had a chance so to step up from reserve games to play against Derby, then from Derby to a very strong west ham side is promising. 

There is an on going myth on this forum about Mahrez not running enough. it belongs to the charm of this forum.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

There is an on going myth on this forum about Mahrez not running enough. it belongs to the charm of this forum.

I made that stat up because of my "nationalist favouritism", those are fake. Mahrez ran 5 KMs

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He ran 8k today, Lanzini ran further, made more sprints, ran faster. 

Mahrez is not a grafter compared to other players in the squad, I see him jogging back all the time when we are being countered, can't count how many times I've seen Ndidi/drinky sprinting past Mahrez to get back and defend when Mahrez is closer to our back 4 than them.

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

Atm He doesn't even worth €15M but that is because he didn't have a good season. Too many injuries, team playing bad, manager changed, AFCON. But last season he was placed 6 in Golden Boot so he was worth that price.

Can't see him still being here after the summer if the chinese are still interested and they increase their bid. Wouldn't begrudge him it either. I'm not anti slimani like a lot including my mate but vardy is back, it doesn't seem to work with both and he's just too expensive and high profile to play second fiddle.

And with him already uprooting from home and then portugal, it wouldn't be that big a deal for him to go to china. All that money. He's no spring chicken and you'd imagine he would destroy little Chinese defenses.

I just think it could be one of those thay just didn't work out. 

Still like him but too much for a bench warner. Not done enough to start, and not enough impact pff the bench.

As for musa....... ?!?!?!? I think I've seen enough.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He ran 8k today, Lanzini ran further, made more sprints, ran faster. 

Mahrez is not a grafter compared to other players in the squad, I see him jogging back all the time when we are being countered, can't count how many times I've seen Ndidi/drinky sprinting past Mahrez to get back and defend when Mahrez is closer to our back 4 than them.

Maybe it's because there are midfielders (especially Ndidi as DM) and they don't have the same abilities/tasks? How's that so hard to understand?

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I reading right tonight?

We have gone from absolutely fookin abysmal, to winning our last four games, including beating Sevilla?

And some are criticizing the manager's tactics?

What did people expect, that West Ham would roll over and die?

And people write that I'M critical!

lol

Fkn happy clapper lol

I must be the best ..the no1 fan...

My team has just won their 1st away game this season

Top 60minutes

30 minutes of W.Ham turning the screw.

We had 2 great CB performances in those 30 minutes

Plus a top class wonderfull show of shotstopping from our Goalkeeper.

Schmeichel brilliant..

Some of the best movement this season seen from the whole  team.

Albrighton best 50+ minutes this season, if not his best in a blue shirt.

4 game winning streak when we really did need it!!!

Yet at least 10 pages, on the negatives..

Shakespeare not up to it...WTF!!!    

Concentrating on   vendettas, yes !!! Vendettas against 2 of our subs, wasting more space than deserved plaudits, over the game...

Pathetic, even disturbing....Today proved  that we have many Forest fans, jumping on here claiming to be foxes even after 25yrs +  of conning us in believing they support foxes...Or even worse traitors to the cause...

This is one of the worse post match threads...ever !!  be ashamed!!!

***  WE....FU×÷KING  WON  YOU  ..DOZZOS AND DIPSTICKS..

I am so sorry, that it seems I will be supporting Leicester totally on my own.......

If you all apologise, I just might let you all back in....but only....!!

Excellent result today with a fantastic first half performance where we completely outplayed West Ham. Schmeichel was unbelievable throughout!

For those criticising the timing of the subs, Slimani was coming on at 60 mins but an injury to Benny delayed Shakey's decision to continue with the change. In my opinion it was the right thing to do as had we pushed ahead with the sub and Benny then needed to come off we'd have wasted a substitution at a time when West Ham were just starting to get a hold on the game. Giving himself 5 minutes to see how Benny reacted and evaluate the game was a wise move. 

As for the subs themselves I don't think the idea was a bad one, just that the players didn't contribute as much as we would have hoped. The only criticism that I'd level at Shakey regarding the subs was that I felt Musa and Slimani should have swapped roles with Musa as the outlet allowing him to use his pace against a tiring and depleted West Ham defence on the counter and Slimani putting in the graft linking the midfield to attack whilst holding the ball up to allow the midfield and defence to come out a little.

It was very clear that the player's were extremely fatigued from the mid week game (which was no surprise at all given their heroics) so I am a little surprised that some on here are questioning their inability to maintain the high press in the last 30 minutes. 

Ultimately irrespective of how we've achieved the results, we've taken maximum points since Shakey took charge and look like we're now making a charge back up the table. Let's keep focused on the positives and enjoy our renaissance rather than trying to put a dampener on things.

Archived