Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

They get done for it regularly as well. Why would they want to anyway when they're working for a fraction of what the native population will?

This seems to be the point that is ridiculously brushed aside far too often. There's a Polish engineer at my workplace. Really nice guy and a hard worker, got no problems with him personally whatsoever. But, he's happy to work on minimum wage, he shares a 1 bedroom flat with a handful of other people and sends the vast majority of his wages back to his wife, mother and 2 kids, who are having a 5 bedroom house built. As soon as it's complete he'll return to his family. 

If he's happy to work for minimum wage, why on earth would a profit seeking employer not hire him? 

If I worked for minimum wage I'd struggle to afford a rabbit hutch, let alone a suitable home. 

Always a little sceptical of these stories. I doubt British minimum wage would be enough to live in the UK, look after 4 dependants back home and build a five bedroom house, even in Poland. If he's managing to do it then he's a smarter guy than me.

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Always a little sceptical of these stories. I doubt British minimum wage would be enough to live in the UK, look after 4 dependants back home and build a five bedroom house, even in Poland. If he's managing to do it then he's a smarter guy than me.

I can't vouch for that, but there a number of African workers at Mrs B's place of work, who do just that and more.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

I can't vouch for that, but there a number of African workers at Mrs B's place of work, who do just that and more.

Just from my experience living in E Europe I think it would be incredibly difficult, but I then I'm shit at saving money. 

Just now, bovril said:

Just from my experience living in E Europe I think it would be incredibly difficult, but I then I'm shit at saving money. 

Yeah, I'm not doubting you, Bovril.

A few pounds sterling goes a long way in Zimbabwe, though.

40 minutes ago, bovril said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-61026515.html

Not expensive is it? That's the cost to buy, not build. His wife also works back home to support the kids while his mother looks after them. 

He estimates he'll be here for around 5 years if that helps. 

Why on earth would I need to lie lol

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Bringing the rain.

I think that's why he's removed his shirt. He got soaked on the way there. Or whilst there. Who can tell?

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Nah, Dangerous Tiger is up for some bum fun

26 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

I think that's him in the middle 

24 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Bringing the rain.

21 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

I think that's why he's removed his shirt. He got soaked on the way there. Or whilst there. Who can tell?

19 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's taken it off in preparation for the rain.

:crylaugh:

@Countryfox is right - this place is merciless.

Archived