Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

What do you think about next season?

Fan perspective... What will happen next season?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you expect Leicester City to finish next season in the Premier League?

2. 2. How will we do in the FA cup?

• 3rd Rnd
    • 4th Rnd
    • 5th Rnd
    • Quarters
    • Semis
    • Final
    • Winner
  3. 3. League Cup ?

• 3rd rnd
    • 4th rnd
    • 5th rnd
    • Qtrs
    • Semis
    • Final
    • Winner
  4. 4. Checatrade?

• Glory
    • Crash and burn
    • meh...

13 hours ago, MattP said:

Mid table. Bit of a comedown "meh" season after the last few.

I really hope we go for the cups - why on earth would we not try?

Mid table (10th) would actually equal our second best league finish for 18 years, not really the last few, only the second to last one. 

17 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

I've had a few beers so went for glory all the way down the list. 

Looking at some of the replies afterwards sobered me up slightly and most made perfect reasonable sense. 

Can't blame a guy for being an optimist, or having a few jars on a sunny afternoon ?

I think we're 2/3 good signings from being a very good side, but also 2/3 outgoings away from being a relegation contender. If we started the season with our current squad I'd predict about 12th again and no major cup success. 

I voted dead last in everything. That way if the season goes truly tits up at least i'll have the comfort of being right.

Could go either way, or somewhere in the middle.

Shakespeare had a great new manager bounce but the results dropped off towards the end. It could be that he was behind all of our recent success and really moves us forward, or he could turn out to be a terrible manager, and revert to Pearson style defensive tactics. He's a complete unknown quantity... Lets hope the owners got it right again.

24 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

When does the season start.................... I'm bored

Yes, You're not the only one. It's far too quiet around here, so far anyway.  Two weeks to the Friendly's. Be interesting to see a few of the young lads get a chance to show what they can offer.

Hello to all LCFC fans. First post on here.
Nice sunny day, blue sky.
Time to be optimistic ? Yes, if we show real ambition in this transfer window.
I would like us to get quality players like Sigurdsson, Hoedt amd Iheanacho but this is unlikely.
With the payers we have today, I think we are definately aiming for a top seventeen place.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:28, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don't understand how anyone can vote for these type of polls until we definitely know who we've signed and who we'll lose in the transfer window.

Your being to serious. I take it as a wish vote. lol Leicester to win the prem when the fvck would that happen. Izzy get off the drugs.

If we don't replace Mahrez with someone capable of creating we're down, guaranteed. Gray isn't the answer, and seems to perform better in a more central role anyway. If the plan is to switch Albrighton onto the right and have the dream defensive partnership of Simpson and Albrighton on the right then it's game over as far as we're concerned. I'm starting to think we don't even have a plan, at least if we had a manager with some experience he'd have some contacts or whatever, but we've gambled on that too. The only contacts Shakespeare has are in the lower leagues.

53 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Your being to serious. I take it as a wish vote. lol Leicester to win the prem when the fvck would that happen. Izzy get off the drugs.

On 7/1/2017 at 11:03, fuchsntf said:

Come on @Col...   @Izzey..!!!

Let the kids have their fun...gives em summat t'do over the summer breaks....

'Schools out for summer'

You're both right, I'm sorry for being a killjoy.

I just find it impossible to predict next season at this early stage. 

We could potentially finish anywhere between 8th - 18th as things stand, but that could all change over the next few weeks.

If we keep our top players, stay injury free and make some quality signings, there's no reason why we can't be a regular, steady mid table PL team for the next few years.

Regardless of Mahrez going or not i've got a sneaky feeling for an unlikely top 4-push kinda "sequal" to two years ago :whistle:

However if we lost Schmeichel i'd probably change my tune a bit lol

I'm very much of the belief that Shakey did a lot of really great work behind Claudio during the title season (not that sort of nasty behind may i add lol - more keeping everything together) the vast core of our players have a lot of faith in him - and looking at all the defenders we are potentially after i'm really suspecting the 3-5-2 formation will be coming back this season - which i've always been a fan of, it was the formation that battered Athletico for the second half of our champions league quarter final. Teams will think we're going to be 4-4-2 the whole way, teams will underestimate us again - and we will no doubt surprise a few.

Not to mention you gotta look at what others are doing, Arsenal are in such a toxic position now with their relationship with their fans that if they don't get off to a good start they will end up having a torrid season (despite no champions league distraction) - Liverpool seem to be very bipolar in their transfer buisness and will probably end up putting square pegs in round holes in their defence again this season - thus not really improving on what they were before. Chelsea seem to want to sign players to replace their best players from last year (Alex Sandro for example - how surprisingly good was Marcos Alonso last year) Conte is seeming a bit Claudio like and he could really upset people behind the scenes and derail his operation. Man City should improve, but mentality wise again they seem a bit weak for my liking - and Man Utd come across like a team thats signing players for players names sake and not really thinking about how to form a proper team. Spurs seem okay but have a small core group of players they rely on, Kane or Alli gets injured and they will have a tough few games.

So yeah, typical Leicester we could finish anywhere - but i'm quielty confident we are going to do better than what people expect. Let's not forget what our mentality is like, i'm sure the lads will want to show that it wasn't all Claudio from two years ago - especially the way they backed Shakey to get the job.

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We could potentially finish anywhere between 8th - 18th as things stand, but that could all change over the next few weeks.

If we keep our top players, stay injury free and make some quality signings, there's no reason why we can't be a regular, steady mid table PL team for the next few years.

Izzy a fiver towards FT bet we are top four.

You going to take it?

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

so im saying now we will do top four. Are you going a fiver to FT on a bet?

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Izzy a fiver towards FT bet we are top four.

You going to take it?

Hold on a sec mate. You're really saying you think we'll finish in the top 4 next season? :blink:

I admire your optimism but sorry, I don't think we'll be anywhere near the top 4 :(

I'll happily bet you a fiver towards FT mate, or more if you want :D

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hold on a sec mate. You're really saying you think we'll finish in the top 4 next season? :blink:

I admire your optimism but sorry, I don't think we'll be anywhere near the top 4 :(

I'll happily bet you a fiver towards FT mate, or more if you want :D

so a Tenner to FT if we are not top four. You should pay twenty lol odds sacked for you.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

so a Tenner to FT if we are not top four. You should pay twenty lol odds sacked for you.

It's a deal mate. I'll be delighted to pay £20 to FT if we finish top 4 :thumbup:

Hope you're right and I'm wrong Sylo!

Archived