Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester could get caught unprepared from PL goalfest

Can anyone tell me what the heck I'm seeing in the first PL week?

7 goalfest at the Emirates stadium. It's a shame we lost.

Burnley go 3-0 up before half-time at Stamford Bridge? :blink: Chelsea eventually were able to pull back 2 goals despite having 2 men sent off.

Crystal Palace fell 0-3 to Huddersfield.

Watford taking the lead against Liverpool twice before settling for a 3-3 draw.

This season might not be as easy as we think. :mellow: Heck, I can even say that the relegation candidate teams might fight this year, unlike the last year. (Boring-ass Sunderland and Middlesbrough who we knew were going to lose any match they played.)

Leicester seriously need to watch out or they could be caught unprepared.

I've said all summer I'll be looking over the shoulder and not forward. Maguire aside, we haven't improved defence at all. Arsenal bullied us - Giroud was agressive and we invited crosses.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've said all summer I'll be looking over the shoulder and not forward. Maguire aside, we haven't improved defence at all. Arsenal bullied us - Giroud was agressive and we invited crosses.

Anything around top the 10-12 positions will be a huge success.

Very impressed with Maguire but business is not done regards our defence.

We need a new CB to walk into the team and replace Wes.

A RB to support/challenge Simpson.

Think we're alright at LB with Chilwell waiting in the wings.

We desperately need another new, decent CB though.

Being caught unprepared is what causes the goalfest, not the other way round. I saw our game last night and Watford v Liverpool and thought the majority of goals were because of atrocious defending and poor organisation.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very impressed with Maguire but business is not done regards our defence.

We need a new CB to walk into the team and replace Wes.

A RB to support/challenge Simpson.

Think we're alright at LB with Chilwell waiting in the wings.

We desperately need another new, decent CB though.

Agreed with most of the post but the new CB needs to be experienced

That's why Smalling or Evans would have been ideal............We'll have to wait and see I suppose   :thumbup:

Arsenal scored 4. From 27 attempts. One of which was offside. Another of which came after a clear handball was ignored in favour of a corner, and the final one came in the disarray that followed. 

I don't think we'll have to worry against most teams. 

Chill.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arsenal scored 4. From 27 attempts. One of which was offside. Another of which came after a clear handball was ignored in favour of a corner, and the final one came in the disarray that followed. 

Chill.

Sanity prevails.

The first stage is to id our issues and prioritise....

Eg

Drop mahrez ..... on his form

Sort out set piece defending

Buy a new cb

If dd isnt playing the someone has to be the playmaker  and look up

How  to link between the mid field and strikers if shinji not on field 

How best to deploy iheanacho 

Get the best from the players that need to improve...  slim..musa.  mahrez  amarty etc

We need to do all this as well as prepare for  our next opponent every week. ... i hope shakes is able to organise and delegate 

We can see big teams with flaws..  if we cab address ours then we can beat them...  its going to be a year of making the fewest errors

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Arsenal didn't bully us, they haven't bullied anyone since Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp were playing.

We parked the bus and gave them every invitation they needed to get the goals.

Don't be such a righteous misery.

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chill.

There were two penalties Arsenal ought to have had.

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chill.

You are saying that the team we were playing against had 27 attempts on goal.

Yet we don't have to worry?

Isnt that one of those contradiction in terms situations?

A few of us said during the game that we were going to have to be very careful here....they were cutting through us like a knife through butter.

The reality, I'm afraid, was the score line was a close result because Arsenal put out a Mickey Mouse defence and Vardy was playing like the Tasmanian Devil. God knows what the score would have been if they had fielded a strong back four.

It was like the Alamo for the last 20-25 mins. And the only 'last stand' was being made by Matt James who was dead on his feet. When he went off it was only going to end one way. Babylon was actually quite correct. James was easily our best defensive midfielder on the night and I'm glad to see him back to near full fitness.

But to say we all need to chill when we have just witnessed such an open game, involving 27 attempts on our goal...nah. Something is wrong there.

8 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Arsenal didn't bully us, they haven't bullied anyone since Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp were playing.

We parked the bus and gave them every invitation they needed to get the goals.

Don't be such a righteous misery.

I'll take the misery bit, I agree. Very annoyed at being 3-2 up in the 80th minute and losing.

I don't think we parked the bus though. Once Iheanacho came on it sort of threw us and nobody looked like they knew what we were playing. It was a wrong sub. We needed to slow the game down and keep hold of the ball (again, something we sadly don't do).

Crosses kept coming in. Mahrez wasn't much of a help to Simpson and Albrighton looked knackered. Giroud is very strong in the air and he bullied us; for the winner he beat two of our centre backs.

Archived