Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

12 hours ago, baker11 said:

Hopefully the staff at the club go and visit and take a look.

They refused to go up to Celtic Park.

Your hope is merely clutching at straws. They don’t want it. They’ll not entertain the idea until others take a much firmer stance on it. 

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

Your hope is merely clutching at straws. They don’t want it. They’ll not entertain the idea until others take a much firmer stance on it. 

I remember going to a meeting with the club  few years ago regarding atmosphere.  They specifically said that they wanted to be leaders on this subject. Not quite living up.to.that statement are they.

15 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

I remember going to a meeting with the club  few years ago regarding atmosphere.  They specifically said that they wanted to be leaders on this subject. Not quite living up.to.that statement are they.

Yes they are, we got clappers.

20 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

The club will say everything they want you to hear so they don’t have to deal with the backlash. 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sneaky. Best way though, just do it.

It's not against the rules though. The legislation changed in October to say you can now put rails between rows for added safety and not void your "all seater" classification. 

We'll be the last to have it, if we ever get it at all. 

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Strange, we must be talking to a different club then. lol

“We” lol Sorry, forgot “you” were the saviours. 

But you’re right actually, they’re really really pushing hard for it aren’t they :rolleyes: 

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this explains the rails at the new spurs ground, not quite safe standing....but certainly a step in the right direction.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/news/railseatsnowofficiallyallowed

The Sports Ground Safety Authority has now published the long-awaited new edition of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, also known as the Green Guide and within the 'Spectator Accommodation - Seating' section of the Guide there is, for the first time, a sub-section on what the SGSA call 'seats incorporating barriers' and 'seats with independent barriers'.

Rail seats officially allowed

Following publication of the Guide, the SGSA has also confirmed that it is possible, subject to certain provisos, e.g. Safety Advisory Group approval and an agreed management plan for the area concerned, for grounds that include seats incorporating barriers within their provision of exclusively seated accommodation to be licensed as compliant with the all-seater policy.

This gives all clubs with all-seater stadia the opportunity to enhance spectator safety in this way in areas of their ground where more active supporters are inclined to stay on their feet throughout extended moments of excitement, rather than sit passively in their seat for the full 90 minutes.

It also enables clubs to get such areas of their grounds ready to be operated formally as standing areas as and when government policy allows and ready to take advantage of any future potential for increasing capacity in such areas (as illustrated below).

In addition to these opportunities, there are, however, also risks. In some scenarios it is possible that capacity will be reduced.

The document linked to below sets out to explain and illustrate these opportunities and risks:

Seating incorporating barriers - Implications of new safety guidelines

• Like 1

Yep, was on the cards from Oct last year. Our ground fits all the criteria in terms of seat width, rake, depth of rows etc.

The club could install them tomorrow if they wanted to be a "leader on everything they do", like they claim to, but I have no doubts we'll be the last team in the league to get a rail seating section, if ever at all. 

"As  the  Green  Guide says accommodation  or  of ,  the  purpose  of  installing  independent  barriers  in  areas  of  seated installing persistent  standing ”. Until seats  incorporating  barriers  is  “ there  is to  mitigate  the  risks  arising  from any  change  in  the  government  allseater  policy, such  areas  will remain  areas  of  seated  accommodation.  The  reason  for  the  barriers  is  to  provide  an  added  safety measure  in  case  supporters  in  those  areas  stand  persistently"

I'm wondering, with a now defined reason for allowing rail seating and consequently an emphasis on seated areas of stadiums being seated, how this will impact away support who are now in breach of stadium safety laws as well as the pockets around our own ground that we see currently standing. Surely we're not going to have a designated area for standing and then have               un-designated areas that are allowed to carry on as normal.

Another interesting stat from that article is fans are fatter when they stand up compared to being seated!

Edited by yorkie1999

Everton said on Thursday that their proposed new stadium will be 'future-proofed' to enable 'safe-standing' areas should regulations change.

Everton said on Thursday that their proposed new stadium will be 'future-proofed' to enable 'safe-standing' areas should regulations change.

Standing up for the Toffees
The Merseyside outfit, who have played at Goodison Park since 1892, last year formally agreed a 200-year land lease at the proposed Bramley Moore Dock site. On Thursday the Premier League club announced that it was proposing a capacity of 52,000 for the new stadium, rising to 62,000 in the future with two stands designed to house safe-standing areas.

"The design of two of the stands will make it easy to adopt a rail seating/safe standing solution, which will offer optionality and flexibility, should the law change in future," Everton said in a statement on their website.

The proposed capacity and design of the new stadium is subject to further public consultation with fans and important stakeholders, including Liverpool City Council. Everton say they will submit a detailed planning application for the stadium in the second half of 2019.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose the difficulty is not everybody wants to stand. Infact probably 80% of people at home want to sit. I guess it would involve moving people that want to sit out of the safe standing area which in itself would cause the club problems. 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I suppose the difficulty is not everybody wants to stand. Infact probably 80% of people at home want to sit. I guess it would involve moving people that want to sit out of the safe standing area which in itself would cause the club problems. 

People will have to move if and when they expand the stadium, some may even want to move into the new bit.

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

People will have to move if and when they expand the stadium, some may even want to move into the new bit.

You just know there would be some that would cause massive issues though. "I've sat here for 10 years and I'm being forced out my seat" etc.