Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

Was chatting to my spurs mate the other day (shock ik), he was saying the standing rails were causing loads of arguments and fights at the ground. 

You have those wanting to stand getting in the way of those sitting and then both arguing and screaming at each other. 

If they're implementing these rails they need to hurry up and sort the laws about it out

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Was chatting to my spurs mate the other day (shock ik), he was saying the standing rails were causing loads of arguments and fights at the ground. 

You have those wanting to stand getting in the way of those sitting and then both arguing and screaming at each other. 

If they're implementing these rails they need to hurry up and sort the laws about it out

Or put them in the right place, ie in corners where they dont block someone else’s view

On 21/04/2019 at 12:41, UniFox21 said:

Well if you've decided to get a season ticket behind that goal and expected to sit, despite all the ridiculous hype and publicity about what it's meant to be from the club, then you've only yourself to blame if you find yourself standing.

• Like 1

This shows to be a lot of people are for the idea of safe standing, the number of MPs  supporting it is also key. Shows there is support. 

Would be interesting to see who they asked about "whether it was safe", to actually prove the safety to these it needs to be given a trial run for games, like pre-season friendlies or some cup games. Get a feel of what happens etc and that should quash a lot of the questions and issues 

• Like 1

This shows to be a lot of people are for the idea of safe standing, the number of MPs  supporting it is also key. Shows there is support. 

Would be interesting to see who they asked about "whether it was safe", to actually prove the safety to these it needs to be given a trial run for games, like pre-season friendlies or some cup games. Get a feel of what happens etc and that should quash a lot of the questions and issues 

You can't do a trial run without actually installing the technology first though. Bristol City could mind, it's in place at their ground but can only be used for rugby matches. 

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

You can't do a trial run without actually installing the technology first though. Bristol City could mind, it's in place at their ground but can only be used for rugby matches. 

As could Spurs with the areas with the higher seat implemented, Shrewsbury I think had some put in as well. There are places it can be tested.

As could Spurs with the areas with the higher seat implemented, Shrewsbury I think had some put in as well. There are places it can be tested.

Well Shrewsbury's is legally allowed because they're not in the top two divisions, so they were able to go ahead with putting the rail seating in on a permanent basis.

My point is to do a trial run, it would first have to be made legal and Spurs would have to convert the current seated area set aside for conversion - meaning a trial would be almost pointless from their point of view as they may as well make it permanent anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

How come folk are allowed it now?

Because it technically isn't Safe Standing. Safe Standing, as it's officially defined, means rail seats that are locked into position.

What Wolves and Spurs have are flip-down seats with barriers on each row. These are allowed and indeed recommend by the Safety Advisory Group.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think we can have it as I think there needs to be 800mm between each row and we only have 600mm. Saw 2 clappers lying on the floor end to end and that was the length of the row. 

They can install it. Our stadium meets the requirements set out in the green guide. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Does it? Be a bit of a shitter if it doesn’t 

DB7EF484-C8EF-4762-8EE0-36E6EA806FD2.png

Yeah it does. We've done the physical measurements before, can't remember the specifics but a few of us went through it all when the guide was first published 

45 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Yeah it does. We've done the physical measurements before, can't remember the specifics but a few of us went through it all when the guide was first published 

Jon Darch also confirmed our ground complies but only for a 1:1 ratio. So an increase in capacity wouldn't be possible.