Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

23 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Fair play to Spurs - that end looks great and seemed to generate a decent atmosphere.

Definitely the way forward - get 'em in L1 ASAP.

Highly unlikely the club would ever go for L1. If it ever happens and that's a huge IF, as a club we only ever pay lip service to the conversation, Infact the official line is only 5% want standing, so there's not really a huge call for it forgetting that's about 1500 people.

But anyway. It is only every likely to end up in the kop. But I won't expect to be still able to stand for 90mins if it ever happens.

23 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Fair play to Spurs - that end looks great and seemed to generate a decent atmosphere.

Definitely the way forward - get 'em in L1 ASAP.

You want official standing in the unofficial standing section. Do you think you could get a campaign going for that?

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fantastic work. Bet LCFC don't tweet that one.

He's forced their hand a bit here. Great stuff.

Loving it. Expect him to be in Susan Whelans office at 8am sharp tomorrow to explain the fact they as a club don't want to listen to the 5%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

I honestly don't see what the problem is. If it can be implemented in Scotland, then why not here. We're all part of the UK. What's the difference legally?

The Scottish Parliament is responsible for the law governing it up there. Westminster is in England and Wales, that's why it's not universally legal across the UK.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The Scottish Parliament is responsible for the law governing it up there. Westminster is in England and Wales, that's why it's not universally legal across the UK.

Clubs should just whack a load of barriers behind the seats like spurs, I reckon its the closest we'll get for many years in the top flight in England.....we're behind the times as usual.

• Like 4

Interesting intervention there from BR, I definitely don’t think that’s the club line.

FWIW though I doubt it will make much difference. 

LCFC have not exactly led the debate on this and I doubt the opinion of someone as dispensable as a manager will change the view of the top brass. 

I think safe safe standing will come to England eventually but it will be years I think. 

Edited by leicesterseddon

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Clubs should just whack a load of barriers behind the seats like spurs, I reckon its the closest we'll get for many years in the top flight in England.....we're behind the times as usual.

Yep, though I'm not quite sure Spurs "get" exactly what they're supposed to be encouraging judging by this...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yep, though I'm not quite sure Spurs "get" exactly what they're supposed to be encouraging judging by this...

Not sure to laugh or cry, we look like we were making a little headway only for it to be ruined.

We don't want to encourage an atmosphere like every other country does, we don't want to listen to fans like every other country does.

When the USA and Australia are more supportive of football culture than we are then we know were doomed.

I detract my previous post, we'll probably never get close to safe standing.

p.s. was it actually the single tiered end that was getting the grief?

Edited by purpleronnie

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I understand that but my point is if it's a health and safety issue, you can clearly see it working up there.

So why would it be safe in Scotland but not in England? Just being awkward about it

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I understand that but my point is if it's a health and safety issue, you can clearly see it working up there.

So why would it be safe in Scotland but not in England? Just being awkward about it

I've always thought it was the perceived risk of 'legally bringing back standing', just in case 'something happened', the premiership is a huge brand worldwide and I think the government position is 'don't rock the boat'...the government are of course aware of fans standing anyway but they can then pass the buck to the local authorities.

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Yeah, I completely agree. The whole law is nonsensical given terraces are still fine outside the top two divisions - as if the standard of football you're watching has any bearing whatsoever on how safe the stand you're watching it from is. lol

• Like 4