Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

On 07/01/2019 at 12:01, purpleronnie said:

I guess this explains the rails at the new spurs ground, not quite safe standing....but certainly a step in the right direction.

If you call it rail seating it takes away the stigma associated with standing. The word standing used in any descriptive manner regarding football grounds automatically conjures up images of football hooligans, us fans know the difference, but we don't matter when it comes to persuading the powers that be to change the law, most of whom don't go to football matches. Rail seating sounds safe even though it's safe standing.

32 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

You just know there would be some that would cause massive issues though. "I've sat here for 10 years and I'm being forced out my seat" etc. 

Absolutely, the club needs to ensure they do it properly so that groups of people can move together but even then there will be people that moan

I've already drafted my complaint letter ready for posting.

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Suckers! Its going to be freezing up there in winter with no protection from an opposite stand.

The activity on the pitch provide by Puel and his ageing team will keep people warm

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2018 at 15:53, purpleronnie said:

Dui2A0DXgAAK0NY.jpg

Looks great,

I'm curious to know what height the crossbar at the back of the seat is at, looks just about knee height and great for sending someone in front of you headlong into the lower row with a minimal shove in the back.

4 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Looks great,

I'm curious to know what height the crossbar at the back of the seat is at, looks just about knee height and great for sending someone in front of you headlong into the lower row with a minimal shove in the back.

This other photo suggests they're just above waist height. I think they're brilliant btw.

B2DEDC74-4B0C-4DE3-A897-A57BCAEDE241.thu

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Looks great,

Literally the opposite of what it's designed to do lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Looks great,

Judging by the fact that the backrest of the seat in front is about halfway up (and they are usually around knee height or top of shin), then the bar should be about thigh/crotch level (for the average person). Or, the backrest is super tiny and only just about covers your 4rse and therefore you are right and the barrier is at knee height.

Two posts above confirm it is above waist.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Thanks 1

I personally prefer all seater stadiums and having experienced both sitting and standing, i like sitting more.

However, if it improves atmosphere im all for it if a section want to do it.

However, i thought the seats should be higher in safe standing areas to allow you to sit OR stand in the same area.

Are those seats at spurs basically not just "normal" seats with rails?

Look at the left side of the pic where people are in the stand. The guy sitting 5 rows back from the guy standing is no higher up than him?

Edited by Fox In The Box 90

Just now, Fox In The Box 90 said:

I personally prefer all seater stadiums and having experienced both sitting and standing, i like sitting more.

However, if it improves atmosphere im all for it if a section want to do it.

However, i thought the seats should be higher in safe standing areas to allow you to sit OR stand in the same area.

Are those seats at spurs basically not just "normal" seats with rails?

My understanding is that the area would be designated as ALL sitting or ALL standing and can be switched between the two options game by game. 

They are just normal seats with rails, yes. That's the beauty, simplicity and safety of it for me.

Just now, Izzy said:

My understanding is that the area would be designated as ALL sitting or ALL standing and can be switched between the two options game by game. 

They are just normal seats with rails, yes. That's the beauty, simplicity and safety of it for me.

I edited my previous post but i dont think the stand is built that well....

The camera position may be SLIGHTLY low.... but everyone standing at the front is blocking the view of the goal line.

If you sat down, with other people standing, even with the rails youd be getting a crummy view. It looks too shallow and the seats are too low to allow you to sit OR stand

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

The camera position may be SLIGHTLY low.... but everyone standing at the front is blocking the view of the goal line.

If you sat down, with other people standing, even with the rails youd be getting a crummy view. It looks too shallow and the seats are too low to allow you to sit OR stand

You couldn't sit down with others standing though as the seats would be locked up.

4 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Looks great,

Are you an ostrich? Or a giraffe.

7 hours ago, Fox In The Box 90 said:

put safe standing in the kop or L1 or wherever people already stand, then there shouldn't be complaints about restricted view

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't think the spurs is a safe standing area, I assume its still not allowed, they just are a safety feature.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It isn't an officially designated standing area, but I think the club expect fans to understand that the rule against persistent standing won't be enforced there.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

2 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

put safe standing in the kop or L1 or wherever people already stand, then there shouldn't be complaints about restricted view

Why do you have that tweet in your sig?

Edited by Stadt

Just now, H.a.r.r.y said:

I found it funny that someone would say that

It's true though. Champions League winners, 55K ground and one of the most successful clubs in Eastern Europe. We're richer, play in a more reputable team and are probably more well known but in most measures that aren't social media followers they're a bigger club.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

It's true though. Champions League winners, 55K ground and one of the most successful clubs in Eastern Europe. We're richer, play in a more reputable team and are probably more well known but in most measures that aren't social media followers they're a bigger club.

ask anyone to name their striker, no one will even have a clue, ask someone what league they are in, most will have no idea, ask someone what their stadium is called, they'll have no idea. Most people won't even know that they even won the competition; It all depends on what you measure a club on for being big I guess.

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Is FC FCSB a bigger club than us?